Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Honorless Kill/ Bounty System Could it help?

    Well I posted this on the official forums, if you want to check it out, here it is... http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...65106?page=1#3

    As I want to see mmo champion's thoughts I am posting it here as well.

    Okay... where to start?... Over the years people have complained that world pvp is no more, suddenly CRZ's are implemented and now everyone complains about ganking/ camping. I for one have been a victim and also a perpetrator of this foul past-time. I mean, come on, it is why I love pvp servers, but one thing I've noticed is that the victim is often unheard when he/ she calls for aid, whether it's from cap level players finding it a chore to help them out, or players that are just plain uninterested, who knows?

    I have also seen/ read a few ideas from a bounty of gold being placed on the perps head, or perhaps more honor for killing someone who is less than honorable. But these could easily be abused, and I would never expect them to work anyway.

    As such, I have come up with an idea to not only encourage world pvp, but also encourage defending the weaker lowbies, instead of just laughing at them.

    What if there was a bounty system in place where when someone kills a player worth no Honor, they get a debuff called "Bounty" Or even "Honorless" that stacks up depending on how many times they have taken a life, and resets when they themselves are killed by a "Bounty Hunter"? And maybe offer achievements for not only killing "Honorless" people, but also achievements to show just how evil you can be. Maybe offer titles with the harder to earn achievements like "Bounty Hunter" to "Protector of the Innocent" or from "Slayer" to "Devourer of Souls" depending on how "Good" or "Evil" you are?

    As an added bonus, if you got a stack of say 100 Honorless or Bounty and your walking around your home city or wherever, you could wear it as a badge of Honor, or Un-honor as it were. :P

    In the long run it may not be worth the work, and players would probably still grow bored with wpvp, but hey I think it would be fun... for at least a while.

    "Edit" I also forgot to mention another idea to help this out, If the "local defense" channel announced violent attacks against players in low level zones, it might help to track them down, Idk.

  2. #2
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,757
    Not gonna bother reading this.
    It has been said countless of times already, if you don't like getting ganked, don't play on a pvp server.
    And about crz, nothing has changed for the people who played on a well populated and balanced realm, absolutely nothing.....

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Not gonna bother reading this.
    It has been said countless of times already, if you don't like getting ganked, don't play on a pvp server.
    And about crz, nothing has changed for the people who played on a well populated and balanced realm, absolutely nothing.....
    If you read more than the title, you would see its not an anti ganking or crz hate, in fact I love pvp servers for ganking/ killing gankers, this is just an Idea to make wpvp more fun/ make more sense.

    What's the point of TL: DR Posts? Post count?

  4. #4
    Mechagnome Ineko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    711
    Ganking is amazing fun, why would you want a system to combat it?

    Also the devs have basically told people like you to drink a cup of concrete and get over it.

    ;D

  5. #5
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    all over the world
    Posts
    2,498
    i dont think gankers will care whether or not someone is worth any honor to them.

    offering a reward or bounty for someone who has been killing lowbies sounds pretty cool but like you said, it would most likely get abused.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineko View Post
    Ganking is amazing fun, why would you want a system to combat it?

    Also the devs have basically told people like you to drink a cup of concrete and get over it.

    ;D
    Again I have no problems with ganking, I do it myself (mostly to try and get 90's involved but still) I just think this would give more incentive to wpvp, more ganking less ganking I couldn't care less. I find camping boring and a dickhead move though since you get nothing out of it, but with this at least there would be a reason to do it, and since the other side has more reason to hunt you down, you would need to watch your back while ganking, which would just add to the fun.
    Last edited by Silent One; 2012-12-27 at 08:15 AM.

  7. #7
    2 easy to exploit using friends of other factions and allowing the kills...

  8. #8
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    673
    yea it would prolly get abused.....what amuses me most is the "suck it up go to pve server QQ PVP ON PVP SERVER" people...are usually the one whos only pvp experience is random BGS they lose then bitch in trade "Xfaction sucks at BGs"....and then goes and gnaks lowbies to raise confidence they can...kill atleast something

    i for one...have given up i used to not be so mean leave the lowbies alone.....fuck em theyre guildy by association now if its red its dead.....blizz's posts have encouraged lowbie greifing

    kinda sad when you go into hellfire the same guy camps your body then kills your quest givers.....fuck em i return the favor any more

    kill me once shame on me kill me twice hang out here while i grab my main to molest you...which usually happens
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

  9. #9
    High Overlord Faerwen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    128
    I dont think any of the people who responded read anything past the title and first sentence lol. What he's saying is a system to track world pvp combat, whether it be ganking lowbies, retaliating, and the like, and attaching achievement and objectives to them, thus enticing players to both gank and to defeat those who gank, which, though it would take a lot of time and explaining to successfully implement something like this, it would be really cool to have world pvp be an objective rather than just a destructive pass time that people whine about.

    The potential to exploit is rather high though, realized after reading a few more posts, wish blizzard never removed the PVP one faction only restriction ;P
    Last edited by Faerwen; 2012-12-27 at 08:05 AM.

  10. #10
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Faerwen View Post
    I dont think any of the people who responded read anything past the title and first sentence lol. What he's saying is a system to track world pvp combat, whether it be ganking lowbies, retaliating, and the like, and attaching achievement and objectives to them, thus enticing players to both gank and to defeat those who gank, which, though it would take a lot of time and explaining to successfully implement something like this, it would be really cool to have world pvp be an objective rather than just a destructive pass time that people whine about.

    The potential to exploit is rather high though, realized after reading a few more posts, wish blizzard never removed the PVP one faction only restriction ;P
    In other words, he wants to make hellfire en the dark portal even bigger warzones where you lag like crazy, where every lowbie instantly dies and level 90s are mindless killing each other for the next few weeks so they get some achievements....
    And after those few weeks everyone who wanted the achievements has them and it goes back to how it is now.....

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by drglnc View Post
    2 easy to exploit using friends of other factions and allowing the kills...
    So? I'm just suggesting awards that are purely cosmetic: Achievements, tabards, titles, and the like.

    Quote Originally Posted by Faerwen View Post
    I dont think any of the people who responded read anything past the title and first sentence lol. What he's saying is a system to track world pvp combat, whether it be ganking lowbies, retaliating, and the like, and attaching achievement and objectives to them, thus enticing players to both gank and to defeat those who gank, which, though it would take a lot of time and explaining to successfully implement something like this, it would be really cool to have world pvp be an objective rather than just a destructive pass time that people whine about.

    The potential to exploit is rather high though, realized after reading a few more posts, wish blizzard never removed the PVP one faction only restriction ;P
    Spot on my good sir! Don't really see the problem with exploiting this though, it would be purely cosmetic items, but meh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    In other words, he wants to make hellfire en the dark portal even bigger warzones where you lag like crazy, where every lowbie instantly dies and level 90s are mindless killing each other for the next few weeks so they get some achievements....
    And after those few weeks everyone who wanted the achievements has them and it goes back to how it is now.....
    Yes for the first few weeks it could be hell for lowbies, but after that at least they might get some more help dealing with gankers. And if there were huge fights whats wrong? It would be epic, and you can always dungeon grind to get past outland/ whatever, quests in outland suck anyway...
    Last edited by Silent One; 2012-12-27 at 08:13 AM.

  12. #12
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    673
    i think it sounds like a good idea to me...it would give me more reasons to kill the assbandit who ganked me =p

    now that i think about it...farming HKs can be exploited as well...so it doesnt matter tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

  13. #13
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    In other words, he wants to make hellfire en the dark portal even bigger warzones where you lag like crazy, where every lowbie instantly dies and level 90s are mindless killing each other for the next few weeks so they get some achievements....
    And after those few weeks everyone who wanted the achievements has them and it goes back to how it is now.....
    level 90s killing each other is better than level 90s killing lowbies, wouldn't you say?
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  14. #14
    Epic! Demetrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    {◕ ◡ ◕}
    Posts
    1,515
    To many resources would be spend on something which can be exploited easily with friends from other factions + it wouldn't solve anything. If you want to gank you will gank regardless of reward.

    I don't know why are people trying to fix something which ain't broke.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    To many resources would be spend on something which can be exploited easily with friends from other factions + it wouldn't solve anything. If you want to gank you will gank regardless of reward.

    I don't know why are people trying to fix something which ain't broke.
    Wasn't trying to fix anything, nor solve anything, just suggesting a simple minigame that rewards cosmetic items to people that world pvp.

  16. #16
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
    Wasn't trying to fix anything, nor solve anything, just suggesting a simple minigame that rewards cosmetic items to people that world pvp.
    sounds like.....pvp xD

    a mini game that rewards cosmetic titles lol

    but for real the ones just blatently thinking your QQing or trying to "fix" something are obv greifers them self
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

  17. #17
    I like the basis of this idea, actually. Having it so that killing a player that has killed other lower-level players gives you an honor boost turns ganking into a cool bounty mechanic. After all, it's pretty honorable.

    Can anyone give a reason as to why they think a system like that might be a bad idea?

  18. #18
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    level 90s killing each other is better than level 90s killing lowbies, wouldn't you say?
    The lowbies will still die... why wouldn't I trow an instant on a passing lowbie while fighting other level 90s?
    Heck, pretty much every aoe/cleave will kill instantly kill nearby lowbies.

  19. #19
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    I like the basis of this idea, actually. Having it so that killing a player that has killed other lower-level players gives you an honor boost turns ganking into a cool bounty mechanic. After all, it's pretty honorable.

    Can anyone give a reason as to why they think a system like that might be a bad idea?
    For one, players might relish having a high bounty on their head (how dangerous they must be, killing people 30 levels beneath them) meaning that, well, it wouldn't change much of anything (would probably spur them to gank more.)

    Second, players could just "kill trade" bounty build ups for massive honor gains, which is likely the reason blizzard wont do it.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    For one, players might relish having a high bounty on their head (how dangerous they must be, killing people 30 levels beneath them) meaning that, well, it wouldn't change much of anything (would probably spur them to gank more.)
    I doubt that a bounty system would encourage people to gank if they weren't already ganking. If anything, it would go in the opposite direction because there's now an incentive to go out and kill a ganker. Players in this game are very reward-driven.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Second, players could just "kill trade" bounty build ups for massive honor gains, which is likely the reason blizzard wont do it.
    It would have to be a massive gain to make world organized world PvP give more honor than joining BGs as a group and pubstomping. If it somehow did, you can just throttle how often you can gain a bounty reward. Hell, it could be a daily.

    I don't think either of those are really issues.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •