Thread: GANKING in CRZ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well CRZ is another way to reduce costs for Blizz, simple as that. I went through some ganks here and there on my alts, but no1 really bothered to camp me - seriously why would he when he can find another lowbie.

Dear random player, we heard you complaining about PVP happening on a PVP realm so we wanted to let you know that everything is working as intended.

Your Friend,
    Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont rly see the fun in flying around hellfire all day killing low player just for the sake of ruining their game play tho

I've been Shuriken Tossing anything red for the past hour in HFP. Laughed my ass off. Thank you Blizzard.

I love PvP and I love world PvP. I've enjoyed leveling my alts a lot since CRZ but I do have to agree that it is kinda shitty when some lvl 90 one shots me. I'm all for fighting people around my level while I grind XP but getting farmed by some lvl ??? its not fun at all. I would make it so that you can't kill someone who is lets say 10 lvls under you.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    I love PvP and I love world PvP. I've enjoyed leveling my alts a lot since CRZ but I do have to agree that it is kinda shitty when some lvl 90 one shots me. I'm all for fighting people around my level while I grind XP but getting farmed by some lvl ??? its not fun at all. I would make it so that you can't kill someone who is lets say 10 lvls under you.
    Yeah and then that guy just runs off with his 310% mount that nearly everyone these days has. World PvP isn't fair, stop trying to make it fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by suskuanna View Post
    Cross-realm zone, one of the shittiest inventions blizzard has ever made. I'ts almost impossible to level now in hellfire peninsula for 10 mins with out getting oneshotted by some hero 90 lvl. And before you start the typical qq why did i roll to pvp server if i dont wanna get ganked, heres the reason.I started playing on pvp server before this shitty crz was made and you didnt get ganked 100% of time you play back then. Before Crz was made there werent ppl farming lvling zones to boost their ego. I cant see anything positive at crz at the moment and even when ur not getting ganked there still lots of problem occurring, for example rares disappearing and hordes coming to elwynn forest (i am alliance) and running back to sw and they get teleported to different zone. Yesterday i even had to wait for normal quest mob to spawn in blasted lands. Im not saying world pvp is total bullshit but 90% of time's it is.
    World pvp at even 90's is a big damn problem. I dont see whats so fun at going to daily areas with 3 of u mates and killing every pve player u see for 10 hk. I mean serooously what to fuck? there are now days so many different bgs, arenas and rbg for u guys and still, you have to come kill significantly low geared/leveled people. But my post isn't qq about 90 lvl pvp cos thats fine but not fair. But i think CRZ should be removed from leveling zones under lvl 85 to make lvling possible for lowbies.
    Sorry for my bad english but i tried my best.
    To bad you didn't play before the age of Que systems so you'd have a clue!

Quote Originally Posted by chocobo606 View Post
    So then why can't they restrict the low level zones the same way they'd restrict BGs? Much more enjoyable and that would still be the PvP I signed up for on a PvP realm. Does that just upset the horrible 90 pvpers or something who camp lowbies all day?

Sorry but PvP on a PvP server is a stupid justification to allow 90s to camp lowbies.
    Because not everything must be instances'd, this is the way PvP realms have always worked, and it's what the term PvP stands for.., what exactly about it, is it that's so ridiculously hard for you Wrath+ players to understand?
    Last edited by Banzhe; 2012-12-27 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedzTheRogue View Post
    Why don't you xfer to a PVE server?
    typical responce

you must be a ganker, if every 1 that hates ganking goes to pve realm, what happens to your ganking, it goes

Do people not realize that the game was once like this (population wise) on each separate server?

Technically the only thing that changes with CRZ is the INTENDED populations are back to what they are supposed to be.

There has always been ganking. there has always been world pvp.

"Why don't you xfer to a PVE server?" might be the typical response but its true... people complaining might of picked a pvp server think "oh no one pvps anymore in the open world - pvp/pve same diff" well now your disregard of what server type to choose has caught up with you and have some choices on what to do: deal with it or transfer to a pve server. i mean the blue post made about this couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordankrynen View Post
    Do people not realize that the game was once like this (population wise) on each separate server?
    Incorrect. It is different now. Instead of reposting the whole thing, have a link to 10 posts ago.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post19581504

Quote Originally Posted by Jordankrynen View Post

Technically the only thing that changes with CRZ is the INTENDED populations are back to what they are supposed to be.

There has always been ganking. there has always been world pvp.

"Why don't you xfer to a PVE server?" might be the typical response but its true... people complaining might of picked a pvp server think "oh no one pvps anymore in the open world - pvp/pve same diff" well now your disregard of what server type to choose has caught up with you and have some choices on what to do: deal with it or transfer to a pve server. i mean the blue post made about this couldn't agree more.
    This is true, and it's one of the reasons why Wrath and Cataclysm resulted in an explosion of alts. Legacy gear plus relatively peaceful leveling made everyone level any alts they wanted with ease.
    Many of these players are either newer who joined during Wrath/Cata or forgot what it was like leveling during Vanilla/TBC times. Constant ganking was the norm and certain maps like Stranglethorn and Blackrock entrance were complete warzones 24/7. Leveling guides back in that time even warned you which maps to avoid if you did not want to get ganked (too much).

Deleted
    So i guess this thread is done now?

Guy who got ganked makes thread about how bad CRZ is.
    20+ gankers come and tell him what a bitch he is for rolling pvp-server in the first place.

Thats about as exciting this thread will ever be. Voting for some mod to close it before
    it results in attacks on other persons genitals and their mothers etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by suskuanna View Post
    But i think CRZ should be removed from leveling zones under lvl 85 to make lvling possible for lowbies.
    Sorry for my bad english but i tried my best.
    First off CRZ only applies to levels 85 and below (ie, everywhere but Pandaria). Secondly, if you can't handle the PvP then move to a PvE server where it's always safe until you do something to flag yourself.

You complain about getting ganked and stuff, guess what...when the content was relevant we all faced the exact same thing. Just because the person is Level 90 doesn't make a difference or not that you are getting ganked. You either need to learn to suck it up or just move. Those are the two choices.

Other than that I'm sorry you wish to play in a world where you see no one at all (which CRZ fixes). If you prefer to keep to yourself and do things without interactions from others then I heard there were plenty of single player games out there where it fixes all your issues.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    typical responce

you must be a ganker, if every 1 that hates ganking goes to pve realm, what happens to your ganking, it goes
    Also a typical response. There is something weird going on though. I play on a pvp realm. And when I'm doing dailies or farming ore I always get attacked. I mean, I'm max level. Have pvp gear on. So I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and say that ganking will still happen. There would just be less bitching and whining.

Ganking you and making you upset is exactly why they are on a pvp server, yes sorry it is fun to gut you and then imagine your beating yourself about the head in real life. It is why I played the game until this last expac when I just called it quits.

In fact your crying makes me miss it all
    Last edited by Buryit; 2012-12-27 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by discoepfeand View Post
    Incorrect. It is different now. Instead of reposting the whole thing, have a link to 10 posts ago.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post19581504
    The only difference now is perhaps that people are spending less time on Flight Paths. Other than that it's not different than what it was in Vanilla, well except that I see less people now ganking / out in the world than in Vanilla.

So if anything it's that it's less now than before and this is based on our CRZ'ed area compared with Vanilla. Your post doesn't really provide any factual information showing it's higher now than before. Though what I did get from your post is that "Flying mounts have caused World PvP ganking to be higher now than in Vanilla because you are more mobile"

If you really can't bear it then just lvl up in dungeons. It's slower but if you add in the ganks and corpse runs from questing it ends up being the same speed.

If you're getting ganked, you're on a PvP server. If you're on a PvP server, it's to gank or be ganked. Ergo, complaining about it is pointless.

It's what people think passes for PvP, so there's not much you can do about it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 02:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buryit View Post
    Ganking you and making you upset is exactly why they are on a pvp server, yes sorry it is fun to gut you and then imagine your beating yourself about the head in real life. It is why I played the game until this last expac when I just called it quits.

In fact your crying makes me miss it all
    ^ This is the sort of person who plays on a PvP server. If associating with that mentality seems fun to you, go for it.

The problem isn't CRZ, it's WoW's world PVP. It has always been like this you just never noticed since nobody was out in the world. Due to the disparity between levels, gear, PVP specs versus questing specs, etc a player that's out questing has no chance against a ganker who is of course level 90 in full PVP gear/spec. Not to mention how certain tanks and pretty much all healers are basically invincible 1v1 (due to being balanced for 3v3). And if you do decide to get your level 90 (assuming you have one and assuming it's PVP suitable and assuming it's properly PVP geared), by the time you get to where your alt was ganked the ganker is long gone and you will never find them again (this was true even before CRZ by the way, I used to keep a blacklist of all the people who'd ganked me so I could get my revenge one day. Never saw a single one of them).

And of course the other problem is that ganking became such a non issue that people thought nothing of rolling toons on PVP realms so the population steadily migrated over to them despite a lot of people being better suited for PVE realms. Would've been a lot better if they'd had CRZ since Vanilla really.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    Well CRZ is another way to reduce costs for Blizz, simple as that. I went through some ganks here and there on my alts, but no1 really bothered to camp me - seriously why would he when he can find another lowbie.
    Is not, never has been, stop repeating this crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Me: "I dont think its fair that i cant force down people escaping world pvp with a flying mount."

Everyone else: "PVP in a PVP server."

Theres nothing you can do. World pvp is crap, this game sucks if you want to play fair world pvp, roll any random MMO and youll get world pvp that beats WoW to hell when it comes to that.

And to be fair real world pvp is the most fun pvp of a game.

Because theres no flying mounts, zone phase griefing, slow mount cast time, ways to knock players off mounts, maps designed for world pvp, no ress wait time after being ganked, better graveyards, etc, youll find all of that on a amateur MMO.