Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm so glad I grew up past some of the more infamous ones before saving was popularized.

Most Tedious: runescape skilling and WoW's sea turtle mount

most flipdesk frustrating: half life 1 black ops ninja fights and Xen jumping puzzles

most challenging: runescape's Nomad boss fight on release. Later updates indirectly made it easier, but on release it was the toughest thing in the game. One boss fight, one week straight of attempts, trying dozens of strategies. He went down eventually, but I was getting ready to hang up my cape.

It's never a game, it's always that one level.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2012-12-29 at 07:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Wanna Be the Boshy.

Made me want to punch my monitor in at times.
    Currently Procrastinating

Deleted
    The mission in GTA san Andreas where you had to fly an RC plane and shoot the vans and bikes recently really really pissed me off... So many attempts.

Mega man, I was very young when I played it (I belive around 12) but I just had to finish it! Because it was so damn Awsome game to! If I had a pint for every death in the game I would be dead in real life....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by critterkiller View Post
    Mega man, I was very young when I played it (I belive around 12) but I just had to finish it! Because it was so damn Awsome game to! If I had a pint for every death in the game I would be dead in real life....
    Lol I vaguely remember playing mega man on the game boy

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    The mission in GTA san Andreas where you had to fly an RC plane and shoot the vans and bikes recently really really pissed me off... So many attempts.
    I was playing on the PC that mission made me quit the damned game and never play it again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    I was playing on the PC that mission made me quit the damned game and never play it again.
    Lol yes I know soooo damn annoying, I made in the end after atleast 30 attempts

Psychonauts.
    As everyone will rightfully tell you, it's an awesome game.
    But that last level makes Dark Souls look trivial.
    Normally I'd just drop the game at that point, but Psychonauts being so magnificently awesome as it was, I didn't have a choice but to complete it.

... nothing is more annoying than self-inflicted pain.
    The ending was awesome and I give it a full two thumbs up ... but not worth the six hours of pain.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol this is an easy one. Spelunker for NES was the worst piece of shit frustrating smash your controller game ever made. Oh, you made that jump? NO, you hit the godamn very edge of it that you cant really see because the shitty 8 bit graphics and your dead. Start over. FUFUFU Spelunker.

Deleted
    definately Battle Toads: Battlemaniacs for SNES... I could not finish the jetski level when I was a kid and recently beat it with an emulator. BUT THE FOLLOWING STAGES ARE EVEN SO MUCH HARDER!!!

Deleted
    I always found them racing arcade games in arcades impossibly hard, you'd sit in the chair hold the steering wheel and gear stick for like 30 secs and then you ran out lol so annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by Raegwyn View Post
    knights and merchants
    build up an army in a REAL time strategy game. means build wait 6 hours for resources build your army fight -> repeat
    most time consuming game eva
    The joys of having your troops die of starvation because there was too much congestion at your warehouses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    A Bugs Life - PS1
    Too hard for kids to play, plus when you die a bunch you need to start over... The WHOLE game.
    So dumb.
    That was a good game. Not better than Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Hercules, or Mickey's Wild adventure... But still a top contender.

League of Legends.

That game has the honor of causing a bunch of my friends to rage at each other, and vow never to play competitive or cooperative games together anymore.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Superman 64.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game:

When you get too last lvl and AI beats you like a ***** you just lose all the patience. My tanks build 2 min at start--- his tanks build every 30s (and i have more teritory).
    Stupid cheating AI.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    digimon world 1 my first rpg type game :S I managed to recruit all the digimon to the city.... it's very difficult when you don't have the internet to help you solve the special events eg. piximon spawn time >.<

Deleted
    Flicky on my Sega. The damn songs were terrible!

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    For PC, probably Star Trek Armada 2, 1 rawked but 2 sucked, basically it played like Star Craft only the 2nd STA was a who could build a borg super cube the fastest, then GAME OVER.

As for over all game NES, had this god awful game called the Wrath of the BlackManta probably one of the dumbest games i ever had the misfortune of selling all my cool games to Funcoland, and buying. Yeah Good times.
    With regards to Armada II, they did patch the tactical fusion cube, as well as most of the top tier borg ships so it just wasn't a race to the finish with them.

It's been said in this thread, but I have to second Shadow of the Colossus. It's a beautiful game, that truly shines as an example of "video game as art;" but the controls are just so bad. I mean, wtf is with your controls changing each time your camera moves? What were they smoking when they thought that was good intuitive controlling.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Mario sunshine, aka mario vs the camera.