My upcoming computer build, looking for thoughts, etc.

Before I get into the thick of things, I will lay out the list of parts I am going to be buying from Newegg.ca over the next 3 months. The parts below were taken from recommendation list provided from the latest Dolphin builds from MMO Champion. I'm not looking to go overkill and have set a budget of 600-700 dollars aside, depending on sales through Newegg.

Condensed summarized version:
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/uHTB

Case (**Currently using**):
    Antec Nine Hundred

Motherboard:
    ASUS M5A97 R2.0 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

CPU:
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition, Deneb, 3.4Ghz

Hard Drive:
    Western Digital WD Blue 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5 Bare Drive

CPU Cooler
    COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO

PSU:
    SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W

Memory:
    Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB)

Drive (**Currently using**):
    LG GH24LS70 DVD/CD Writer

Operating System:
    Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit OEM

I haven't decided on a video card quite yet, I'm only going to go with one GPU, I am not going to run two cards. I was thinking either a GTX 560 Ti, GTX 570, or GTX 660 ti. I'm not building this myself, I am buying all of the parts and getting a professional local business guy take care of that for me.

Aside from those questions, am I doing it right? Did I put together a working computer list? I know it's not top of the line, I'm only looking for 2012 mid-grade here. All of this is an upgrade from my current 2009 custom built computer, so I'm looking at this as a huge upgrade. I'm looking to run ALL of todays games (high settings, ultra IF possible) at 1080p on a 23in monitor through DVI.

I was hoping some of the heavy duty computer builders would comment on how this looks and what tips you can provide. I can do the research, but not the building, so I'm kind of going at it half-assedly (I guess). I've pretty much decided on the actual parts, so I'm more or less not willing to jump above the set budget I put aside for this project.

I'm also hoping this build will get me started for the next generation (I.E Mass Effect 4 and Dragon Age III on the Frostbite 2.0 engine).

Thank you for reading this wall of text and links.

My current computer:

Case: ANTEC 900
    Motherboard: ASRock A780GXH/128M
    CPU: AMD Phenom 9850 Black Edition 2.4Ghz
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 550 Ti
    CPU Cooler: Random Cooler Master
    Memory: 4GB DDR2
    Power Supply: OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W
    Drive: LG GH24LS70 DVD/CD Writer
    Hard Drive: 290GB WD Hard Drive
    Operating System: Windows 7
    Monitor: Asus VS238H-P, 2ms HDMI 23in monitor 1080p
    Last edited by AhhSpiders; 2012-12-28 at 11:54 PM.

Your post got caught in the anti-spam filter, sorry about that.
    Here's a free bump, and I'm moving you over to the Build-help forum.

If you did a custom build 3 years ago a 965 cpu shouldnt be that big of an upgrade considering its a 3+ year old chip. If money is tight Id drop down to a ~$50 dollar case and look into going intel. What exactly are you upgrading from would help also and how much are you able to spend?
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

Quote Originally Posted by demonskies View Post
    If you did a custom build 3 years ago a 965 cpu shouldnt be that big of an upgrade considering its a 3+ year old chip. If money is tight Id drop down to a ~$50 dollar case and look into going intel. What exactly are you upgrading from would help also and how much are you able to spend?
    I'm upgrading from:

ASRock A780GXH/128M
    AMD Phenom 9850 Black Edition 2.4Ghz
    Nvidia GTX 550 Ti (I put that in after my older ATI card burned out)
    4GB DDR2 Memory
    290GB WD Hard Drive
    Some random cooler master CPU cooler
    OCZ 750W PSU
    LG x24 drive

On paper it looks like a considerable upgrade.

The budget is as mentioned above 700-800. Also, what's wrong with the case? Also, what's wrong with the case?

EDIT: I should have mentioned I already have the case in my current set up. :\
    Last edited by AhhSpiders; 2012-12-26 at 08:31 PM.

PCpartpicker Heres a parts list if you are reusing the case, psu, and optical drive Id go with over what you have chosen. Its under 800 you could tinker with it a bit how you see fit. And you would be getting a way bigger upgrade. Theres nothing really wrong with the case either I didnt knwo you had it on hand I was saying to drop it down to a cheaper case for better internal parts but since you have it Id reuse the case, psu, optical drive and replace cpu, mobo, ram, video card, hdd, cpu cooler.
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

[Redacted]
    Last edited by AhhSpiders; 2012-12-28 at 10:13 PM.

The coolermaster hyper 212 evo is a fairly cheap yet fairly powerful cooler, and paired witha i5 3570k can easily overclock to 4.2 making it dominate your old system in every way.

Yeah, I'll end up getting that one instead of the plus version.

Also, will I need to buy another copy of windows 7? The version I am currently using is Home Premium 64 OEM. I read that OEM copies are tied to the first motherboard it is installed to. That's the reason I put it in my upgrade list, in case I rand into any problems.

Windows7 OEM licensing is kinda out there some people have been able to get it attached to the new motherboard over a phone activation and talking with microsoft and explaining that their original mother board fried, broke, whatever and some people havent. Id say its definately worth the try.

I brought it up with the guy I'm going to be taking it to and he mentioned not to worry about, something about an activator, whatever that means.

Bump, I edited and condensed some things so it's not as messy. I finalized my build on the PCpartpicker website. It says there are no incompatibility errors, so it looks like I put the list together properly. After thinking about, I'm not going to go with Demonskies build. I will be upgrading again in 2-3 years, AKA, that is when I will build an over the top computer.

Side note, I'm going to stick with Nvidia when it comes to the GPU as well, by the time March rolls around (the time I'm buying the final part, the video card) I'm assuming the prices will be cheaper, too.
    Last edited by AhhSpiders; 2012-12-28 at 10:28 PM.