The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

My pc or my internet?

Right then, here's the issue;

My internet has never been the best, but it's always been above decent, however recently I downloaded a program (utorrent) and I quickly deleted it again since I couldn't get it to work (not the issue at hand) - however ever since I installed it and uninstalled it, my pc has been acting... Funny. Or rather my internet has. I lag constantly when playing internet based games, loading websites takes forever etc. Now, I've run my antivirus (AVG) and I've checked the pc and I've checked the internet, yet I can't seem to find the problem.

So, is it possible that there's this program - or a remnant - hiding in my pc, messing with all sorts of stuff thus slowing my internet, and I just can't find it? If so, how *do* I find it? And if not, then what do you think the problem is?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Start with SpyBot SND good sir. Let's see what we dig up.

In addition: do you have another device available to test the connection?

Deleted
    Well, first and foremost, the best way to check would be to use an alternate device such as a laptop or smartphone. Then you can see whether your PC is the problem or not.

The program you downloaded could've messed with your internet settings, such as TCP/IP settings.

Also, have you tried a Microsoft Fix-It program?

Did you install µTorrent or uTorrent? The legit program is the former.

Run Malwarebytes and then Spybot. Or just system restore to before you downloaded it.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Start with SpyBot SND good sir. Let's see what we dig up.

In addition: do you have another device available to test the connection?
    Starting by doing that, thank you kind sir. As for the other devices, well there's my gf's pc which has some internet issues but nowhere near as severe as mine. And my smartphone which is kinda slow, but then again it's old.
    EDIT: Ahh, which one - so many to choose?

---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 09:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Did you install µTorrent or uTorrent? The legit program is the former.

Run Malwarebytes and then Spybot. Or just system restore to before you downloaded it.
    The first one, with the cyrillic letter.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2012-12-26 at 08:40 PM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Tons of people use uTorrent, including myself. I'm thinking the issue is unrelated.