Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Can principles win a war? (spoiler)

    This the same replay to the 5.1 continuation of legendary quest, which I for "What is HORDE?" http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-%28spoiler%29

    I would've included the video as well, but it seems that only Hordies seem to bother doing either recording, or doing legendaries, so I couldn't dig it up anywhere. So, I'm living you this this:

    Tong! Something to eat, please.

    The High King. Varian Wrynn - Leader of the Alliance.
    Did you know, he was once a gladiator? Oh yes, I've been doing my research.
    Suffering from amnesia, he fought for his life in Horde arenas.
    There, he earned the name "Lo'Gosh," or "Ghost Wolf."
    He IS a fighter. But...is he a leader?
    Think about it! His enemies took advantage of my father's Cataclysm.
    Horde soldiers thundered across the realm in the wake of the devastation.
    Varian Wrynn didn't use the disaster to gain a military advantage.
    Is this because he is weak...? Or because he is principled?
    Here's the bigger question: Can principles win a war?
    Make no mistake. Pandaria will challenge your King.
    Let us see what he is truly made of.
    Let us see if your Alliance has what it takes to rule Azeroth.


    And so, with that in mind, I'll leave you with this video of entire storyline combined and let this sink in:



    So, your thoughts?
    Thanks a bunch for the Signature, Cthulhu Ftagn.

  2. #2
    Great vid. I've been working through the horde side of the quest chain so it's nice to see how things are going on the other side of the coin. Really impressed with the story telling through the 5.1 factions and I might just have to level my NE priest to play out the story myself.

  3. #3
    There are no winners in war, except for the person selling the sticks.

    Principles can lead you to forgo actions and strategies that may ultimately lead to your defeat. All they do is allow you to maintain a moral high ground.

    On the other side, they may allow you to rally support against an opponent who is shown to be evil.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  4. #4
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,246
    Why would Wrathion be spurring on the alliance player into believing the alliance will rule azeroth?

    The black prince loves to mind screw the weak minded.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Why would Wrathion be spurring on the alliance player into believing the alliance will rule azeroth?

    The black prince loves to mind screw the weak minded.
    Wrathion likes to play both sides to ensure they can come together for when the Burning Legion returns.
    Thanks a bunch for the Signature, Cthulhu Ftagn.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Why would Wrathion be spurring on the alliance player into believing the alliance will rule azeroth?

    The black prince loves to mind screw the weak minded.
    Well he is doing that to both factions.... in this the only logical answer would be for both sides: NO.
    If both sides see that, then the future can be opened.

  7. #7
    The Patient Mûe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    GER
    Posts
    228
    Never EVER! Will I join together with Alliance scum!

    Although I am pretty sure that this is the way it all leads to and Blizzard is obviously is going for it will ruin this game completely.

    Warcraft is WARCRAFt because of WAR between Alliance and Horde and not because of joining together happily ever after

  8. #8
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Why would Wrathion be spurring on the alliance player into believing the alliance will rule azeroth?

    The black prince loves to mind screw the weak minded.
    It's funny cause so far it's apparent that Wrathion is taking the Alliance's side, even if he sympathises with the Horde player.

  9. #9
    Elemental Lord Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    8,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    There are no winners in war, except for the person selling the sticks.

    Principles can lead you to forgo actions and strategies that may ultimately lead to your defeat. All they do is allow you to maintain a moral high ground.

    On the other side, they may allow you to rally support against an opponent who is shown to be evil.
    Well, in the Warcraft Universe, people who aren't principled usually end up concluding against 10 to 25 random heroes, so...
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  10. #10
    Brewmaster ghostblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The edge of dark space!
    Posts
    1,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Mûe View Post
    Never EVER! Will I join together with Alliance scum!

    Although I am pretty sure that this is the way it all leads to and Blizzard is obviously is going for it will ruin this game completely.

    Warcraft is WARCRAFt because of WAR between Alliance and Horde and not because of joining together happily ever after
    yes and Planetside is PLANETSIDE because it plays on 1 side of the planet. and half life is called Half life because..... i don't know!
    stop making those WARcraft arguments......

  11. #11
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,189
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    yes and Planetside is PLANETSIDE because it plays on 1 side of the planet. and half life is called Half life because..... i don't know!
    stop making those WARcraft arguments......
    But about warCRAFT?
    We need more professions!

  12. #12
    Brewmaster ghostblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The edge of dark space!
    Posts
    1,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    But about warCRAFT?
    We need more professions!
    thank you Scummer for proving my point

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Well, in the Warcraft Universe, people who aren't principled usually end up concluding against 10 to 25 random heroes, so...
    That's what I fear aboiut Jaina, she was always seen as a person who would promote peace between 2 factions, until that whole thing with Dalaran happend.

    As for Varian, through the questline he seems bent on not stepping on Garrosh's lvl, thanks to Anduin. During the quest where alliance tries to use Sha on soldiers, of course fails. So even after the admiral bitch (who slaughters an entire legion of horde soldiers who wanted to surrender, she pepperd them with cannon fire as they were swiming to the shore unarmed) suggested that Alliance should use the sha power to their own benefits, Varian said NO to it.
    Thanks a bunch for the Signature, Cthulhu Ftagn.

  14. #14
    Principles don't win wars... principles make men and men win wars.
    I like what they are doing to the king.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Well, in the Warcraft Universe, people who aren't principled usually end up concluding against 10 to 25 random heroes, so...
    In WoW, you have to just accept plot armor. Blizzard admitted that Arthas/Ner'zhul never released the full fury of the Scourge. Why? They try to be coy like there's a subplot, but it's just plot armor. Or why didn't Deathwing just spam cataclysm instead of flying around like a drunk burninating the countryside? Plot armor. Why don't bosses in general go straight for the healers? Because they are very sensitive about their weight... also, plot armor.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    That's what I fear aboiut Jaina, she was always seen as a person who would promote peace between 2 factions, until that whole thing with Dalaran happend.

    As for Varian, through the questline he seems bent on not stepping on Garrosh's lvl, thanks to Anduin. During the quest where alliance tries to use Sha on soldiers, of course fails. So even after the admiral bitch (who slaughters an entire legion of horde soldiers who wanted to surrender, she pepperd them with cannon fire as they were swiming to the shore unarmed) suggested that Alliance should use the sha power to their own benefits, Varian said NO to it.
    And she was right to do so. The moment they would reach land they would grab a weapon and go kill alliance soldiers.
    After all they were on a warship just a few secs before.
    Iam sorry but what did garrosh do to those poor sailors that were wrecked in a storm and NOT in an active warzone?
    oh ya right murdered them.

    edit; besides WARcraft doesnt mean it has to be horde vs alliance even tho it was the theme for long. As long as we have someone to wage war against its still warcraft.
    Last edited by Asmalya; 2012-12-21 at 11:04 AM.

  17. #17
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    It's funny cause so far it's apparent that Wrathion is taking the Alliance's side, even if he sympathises with the Horde player.
    Its apparent is it? Really? If you say so.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  18. #18
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Its apparent is it? Really? If you say so.
    Well it's rather obvious given Garrosh and the Horde's actions and how they conflict with Wrathion wish to protect Pandaria.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Well it's rather obvious given Garrosh and the Horde's actions and how they conflict with Wrathion wish to protect Pandaria.
    He is promoting the player but not the Horde itself, on the Horde version he says something like "You are the Soul of the Horde".

    On the Alliance version he is promoting the Alliance Leader, Varian.
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  20. #20
    Warchief MickM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,127
    Awesome video! With this backstory I totally support the purge of Dalaran Also, can;t wait to get that gryphon mount!

    Though my only point of critique: your english-accent is horrible; even for a fellow Dutchie

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •