Whats with all the My Little Pony stuff?

I'm on the forums usually once a day, and I always see people with the my little pony symbols and all this stuff. Why is it so popular? I'm sure most of the people who have these are males, so whats so great about it? Someone please explain....

Deleted
    It started as a joke on 4chan, people started taking it seriously for some reason.

Deleted
    Please, if you have any questions about My Little Pony or the currently airing TV series My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, feel free to talk to the regulars in the 'official' Pony thread in the Fun Stuff sub-forum (Here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-End-is-Neigh!). I'm sure if you are polite they will be happy to explain what they like about the franchise to you. Closing.

(Personally, I got into it when I noticed that it was created by Lauren Faust, who made Powerpuff Girls, a show I loved when I was a kid. Once, I started watching it, I got to really like it because of the light-hearted, touching story, great musical numbers, wacky, harmless humour and bright, happy colour-palette and character design.)