Deleted

Uncommon quality MoP gems.

What are people doing with uncommon (green) gems in MoP? I cannot acquire blue gems as fast as I can sell them, but enchants seem to stick around for a while and don't even sell for that much. As such I'm doubting the value of JC crafts -> Disenchanting -> Crafting/selling enchants on my own server at least.

I'm tempted cut them all and vendor anything that doesn't come out perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alchemist, at least transmute ones can change green gems into blue gems with a herd. Golden Lotus I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    i actually like the change, its nice to have some use for green quality gems instead of stacks of no-use junk. i cut the gems and use/sell the perfect cuts, and just pretty much vendor the rest. i am not the AH playing girl, so there might be some way to like squeeze out a few more copper, but im not that needy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

If Golden Lotus are selling significantly less than rare quality gems, transmuting the uncommon gems with GL is the best bang for your buck.

I wish green gems had another use, but i pretty much use them to cut perfects and use it for myself.. i find it pretty rare that people will buy a perfect version of a blue gem, even if they are cheaper.

- Plant Enigma Seeds on Farmville/Sunsong Branch
    - Acquire Golden Lotus
    - Send GL and uncut green gems to my transmute master alchemist
    - Transmute the gems which will result in said alchemist reaching 600
    - Send rare quality gems back to my JC alt where I either cut them or use them for the research for new cuts, getting him to 600

That's my current plan, but I'm also going for the Master of All achievement, hence the method to the madness. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    - Plant Enigma Seeds on Farmville/Sunsong Branch
    - Acquire Golden Lotus
    Hmm... is the Lotus chance that good? I mean, if you plant Songbells, you get 6 Lotus in two days, guaranteed. Non-Lotus herbs are incredibly easy to farm.

Quote Originally Posted by DerSenf View Post
    Hmm... is the Lotus chance that good? I mean, if you plant Songbells, you get 6 Lotus in two days, guaranteed. Non-Lotus herbs are incredibly easy to farm.
    Fewest I've gotten so far in one day is 4, IIRC. One day I had 7.

For the record, I don't have herbing on any character maxed out, and my main is the one running the farm, so figured I would put it to good use since I have cooking completely done. So far it's paid off very nicely, but perhaps farming RNG is being nice to me (for now).

I cut them into perfects and make jewelry. I DE green jewelry and sell blue jewelry. It takes a lot of gems and a lot of time, but I'm making some sick gold. Transmuting is not worth it on my server; it's hard enough to get rid of rare gems as it is anyways.

The highest profit margin is jewelry > DE > scrolls. Perfect gems are a close second. Selling mats is less profit, but the demand is way higher for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by DerSenf View Post
    Since the change I've varied from 3-12 Golden Lotus from one batch of 16 Enigma Seeds, probably averaging around 4.5 a day,. Blizzard buffed the chance of Golden Lotus because Songbells were the only seed anyone would ever plant.

I transmute them to blue ones, but the blue ones are dropping in price so hard at the moment and my stocks never sell. Otherwise I make things greenies (blue with serpents eyes) and DE them.

Edit: My worst farm is 1 lotus and my best is 10. (per day, 16 slots)

10+ Year Old Account
    -Cut them
    -sell perfect ones
    -sell/vendor uncommon ones

Dont DE necklace or rings. Vendoring them and buying dust from AH will give you way more mats. At least in my server.

Very server dependent.

I used to cut them into perfects before I took a few months off, now I'm finding it's not worth the time. What a lot of people don't seem to grasp (on my server atleast) is you cant list a perfect for more than it's equivalent blue gem. Thus when cutting/listing perfects you need to check out it's blue price, which can often be down to 20g while people have the perfects listed for 200g.

In the end, it was taking a lot of time for only about a 50% sale rate. Thus I was accumulating them faster than I could sell them. As such I'm resorting to crafting jewelery and either flipping them off to the vendor or DE'ng them and selling the mats raw.

It's not perfect, and probably cutting into my profit, but it's cut down the time investment by A LOT.

-edit-

It would be nice, if instead of cutting a "Perfect" gem, you merely had the same chance to "proc" the blue (rare) version of what you're cutting. Atleast that way there wouldn't be a split market (not all players even know to search for perfects) and it wouldn't take twice as long to list everything.... although maybe there's an addon to list perfect cuts at rare prices,?
    Last edited by Dakara; 2013-01-01 at 09:05 PM.

Golden Lotus is getting cheap enough to xmute them for procs, if you have a ton of extras then craft rings/necks to DE for mats to make scrolls to sell.