So, buying Rift and all..

Do you have to buy "vanilla" first, then the xpac? If yes, where can I buy it? Or is it included with the Storm Legion expansion? Any clarification on this? I couldn't find my answer on the internet. Cheers & happy x-mas.

Buying Storm Legion gets you the base game, so no need to buy chocolate Rift (that's what the base game is called nowadays).

I know Steam/Origin/a few other digital distribution services have SL, and Rift's main website will have it. If you're looking for retail though...whatever local shop sells games probably has one about.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Buying Storm Legion gets you the base game, so no need to buy chocolate Rift (that's what the base game is called nowadays).
    Oh wow.

I think I might buy this game now.

And please don't call it "chocolate" rift. That's the stupidest name ever.

Enjoy the game!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post

Enjoy the game!
    Sorry, but when in Rome...

Also, since some people might have missed out on the special one day 25% off sale, Green Man Gaming still has their 30% off code promotion going on that you can use to buy Rift with.

Enjoy the game!
    Hey, blame Trion. They were the ones that came up with that name.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    is green man gaming legit website?
    Case: Thermaltake A60
    MB: ASRock Z68 Ext3 Gen3
    CPU: i5 2500k, Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    GPU: HIS 6870 1gb
    PSU: Corsair GS 600
    SSD: Crucial M4 128g

Yup, they're legit. They have good deals all the time too.

I used to play back during orange sherbert rift days how much has the game changed now that they added rocky road?
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, they're legit. They have good deals all the time too.
    Alright thank you!
    Case: Thermaltake A60
    MB: ASRock Z68 Ext3 Gen3
    CPU: i5 2500k, Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    GPU: HIS 6870 1gb
    PSU: Corsair GS 600
    SSD: Crucial M4 128g

I picked a copy of SL up from gamefly or $18. I got the original game fom raptr for free. Gamefly has SL with the original game and 30 day gametime for 23. Cheapest I've seen so far

10+ Year Old Account

I know Steam/Origin/a few other digital distribution services have SL, and Rift's main website will have it. If you're looking for retail though...whatever local shop sells games probably has one about.
    I like Vanilla (Milk) Chocolate better than Regular Chocolate
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Just finished cleaning CocaCola off my screen b/c of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trialtm View Post
    Just finished cleaning CocaCola off my screen b/c of this.
    Not sure if surz?

@OP Glad you are trying RIFT its a great game and have fun!
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Deleted
    Don't know if this info is to late but.. You can Buy SL expansion (alone) at GAME in the UK for £12 at the moment. And the Bundle with Both for £20. then if you wanted Ltd edition stuff just pay 10 from the website and BOBS your uncle. Ltd edition for £22

Enjoy the game!
    I agree. Same with "vanilla" wow. Makes me want to shred face. A bit irrational hatred, but it's a massive pet peeve of mine.