Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    ya angel beats and high school of the dead are 2 i also forgot to mention i have seen before lol, ive seen upwards of 60+ animes this past year haha

Working!!
    Usagi Drop
    If you enjoy the Fate characters, Carnival Phantasm is a must see.

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    ya angel beats and high school of the dead are 2 i also forgot to mention i have seen before lol, ive seen upwards of 60+ animes this past year haha
    Wow, that's like almost 5000 episodes this year and i am doing the math counting all animes as 12 episodes length only. That's more than i have watched in my entire life, not insinuating anything, just saying. That's a lot. :P

Deleted
    I must say, I like your taste. But anyway since there is so many things I want to recommend to you, I will instead just link my list of series I have seen and I recommend every thing I have given a 9 fullheartly and prbly most of the 8s to. http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mea...show=0&order=4
    And if you are new to Myanimelist i recommend to sign up to keep track on animes and such.
    Last edited by mmoc3c32484403; 2012-12-27 at 11:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can only recommend those I have watched:

One Piece
    Naruto (& Naruto Shippuuden afterwards)
    Bleach

Quote Originally Posted by xlightning View Post
    Wow, that's like almost 5000 episodes this year and i am doing the math counting all animes as 12 episodes length only. That's more than i have watched in my entire life, not insinuating anything, just saying. That's a lot. :P
    not quite lol

most of the series i have seen were 12 episodes, some 24, and like 3-4 64 episodes, its more like 1000 episodes this year, which yes is quite a lot lol, but when episodes are only 20 minutes long you can knock average 3 episodes a day, and you got over a 1000 yourself, not even an hour a day lol.

-----------------------

your list reminded me of more anime i have seen this year mear lol, durarara, gurren lagan, and elfen lied, im almost done with guilty crown so i will take a look at one of yours next.

but jesus mear you have seen ALL of those? despite a lot of them being movies that is still quite a lot of series haha, but then again i have only been an avid anime fan for a year and have seen what i have seen, but you could be a much MUCH more seasoned fan of anime than me lol
    Last edited by orderschvank; 2012-12-28 at 01:09 AM.

Deleted
    but jesus mear you have seen ALL of those? despite a lot of them being movies that is still quite a lot of series haha, but then again i have only been an avid anime fan for a year and have seen what i have seen, but you could be a much MUCH more seasoned fan of anime than me lol
    I think I started watching anime 2004 with Elfen lied, Love Hina and such (not counting Pokemon and other things that was aired on tv when I was younger). But with that said I have had some time to all of that.
    Its still nothing when I'm starting to think of /played in wow, but I don't feel that I have "wasted" much time watching anime. (not regretting playing wow, but I wish I spent abit less time in it since it came)

check out berserk arc 2 just got released

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekom View Post
    check out berserk arc 2 just got released
    But are their any real subs out yet? Haven't seen any good ones coming out yet.

not quite lol

most of the series i have seen were 12 episodes, some 24, and like 3-4 64 episodes, its more like 1000 episodes this year, which yes is quite a lot lol, but when episodes are only 20 minutes long you can knock average 3 episodes a day, and you got over a 1000 yourself, not even an hour a day lol.

Lol, remade the math now and you are right, the math i did before was just stupid, i was calculating the minutes of all episodes (which btw was also wrong). Not the episodes -.-" oh well that's what i get for sleeping only 4 hours in the last two days.

Alright, this is probably going to be a rather long list, so brace yourselves ^^ (I'll also make this a general list, so others can get some rec's from it as well)

First, going with (for the most part) must-watch anime:

Everything by KEY (Not really a anime studio, KEY is famous for the high quality visual novels it creates. A lot of their works' anime adaptions were made by Kyoto Animation. They're all major tearjerkers, but if you let that deter you you'll miss out on some of the best anime ever made)
    - Clannad (and it's Sequel Clannad After Story) are pretty much as close to perfect as an anime can get
    - Air: AFAIK this anime has not left a single eye dry since it was released (though it confuses some people towards the end)
    - Kanon (both the 2002 and 2006 Version) 2002 version is shorter with only 13 eps while 2006 has 26, and the age shows in the animation style, but both definitely
    worth watching
    - Angel Beats is the only original (= not based on a visual novel) KEY Production. Doesn't mean it's any less good than the above though.
    - Little Busters! Airing right now, it's the adaption of one of the most popular KEY games and fans have been waiting for an anime for years now. So far it has not
    disappointed.

By SHAFT (this studio has a very distinctive style, so much so you'll immediately know if you're watching one of their works - not sure if their style is best suited for anime
    "beginners though)
    - The Bakemonogatari series (includes Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari and the upcoming "series" and movie Nekomonogatari and Kizumonogatari) you need to experience
    them to understand just how good they are
    - Maria Holic: first comedy anime on here, and done just as well as all other Shaft works
    - Puella Magi Madoka Magica: A Shaft original, and everyone who knew Shaft waited for it with their breath held - and it blew us away.

By Sunrise (the Studio behind the Gundam Series)
    - Gintama: it's a 200+ ep comedy series (still continuing) with some awesome action arcs in between that has made me laugh more than anything else in the world.
    Even if you can't totally get behind the, at times vulgar, humour (slim chance of that happening, no matter who you are), the action arcs are going to pull you
    in. I barely know anyone who doesn't enjoy Gintama immensely, and I have yet to meet someone who can claim it sucks without lying through their teeth.
    - Mai-HiME is absolutely awesome. Period. The spin-off Mai-Otome is just as good (although not many share my opinion there)
    - Code Geass: Might seem similar to other Mecha anime like Gundam and Macross, but this series puts a great emphasis on strategy and tactics, both on and off the
    battlefield. Spiced up with the "Geass" part, it makes for one of the best anime out there.
    - Cowboy Bebop: Most people who have seen it have it as part of their eternal favourites list as soon as they finish watching it, so that has to count for something ^^
    - Inuyasha: By some called "Dragon Ball Z for Girls", it's still damn good. Original series is 200 eps, + 26 ep for the finishing arc aired 2009.

By Gainax
    - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: With this one they took the concept of "over the top", took THAT over the top, and then strapped it all onto a mecha anime. In the
    end you get Giant Mechas using Galaxies like throwing stars, and it's every bit as awesome as it sounds.
    - Neon Genesis Evangelion: This one has pretty much the entire anime community divided - half of them love it, half of them hate it, all because of the last two eps.
    Watch it to find out for yourself which side you belong to, if only to join the eternal argument.
    - Rebuild of Evangelion: Though not really by Gainax, I'll put it here anyways to keep them together. It's a series of (probably) four movies that re-imagine the above
    Evangelion, and the third just came out in Japan some weeks ago. So far they're awesome.

By Madhouse (huge studio with many very popular and well known series on their list)
    - Death Note: one of the most popular anime out there, everyone needs to see it. Seriously. Although it lost some of it's awesome around the middle (those who have
    seen it know what I mean, so please no spoilers here)
    - Hellsing Ultimate (although they only did eps 5-7). This is THE anime for all those of you whose image of vampires has been skewered by Twilight. Watch it to put the
    awesome back into one of the most iconic monsters we have. Very gory though.
    - Beck: Probably one of the best music anime out there, if you've ever read "Beck is Love" on some forum somewhere, watch this to see you'll agree.
    - Black Lagoon. Because it's kick ass. And it Kicks Ass. Yeah I wrote that with a capital K.

By Studio Ghibli (Ghibli is responsible for pretty much every anime movie you (may not) know, or have known before you got into anime for real. Watch them. ALL of them. No exceptions. Seriously. I'll just list the most known here.
    - Laputa - Castle in the Sky
    - Grave of the Fireflies
    - My Neighbour Totoro
    - Princess Mononoke
    - Spirited Away
    - Howls Moving Castle
    - The Cat Returns

By AIC
    - Seto no Hanayome is an awesome comedy series
    - Serial Experiments Lain: very deep, highly psychological, uses some big words but it will make you seriously think (if you understand it).

By Production I.G.
    - Blood+ This one takes yet another angle at portraying vampires (in the widest sense of the word), and it's definitely one of the best anime out there.
    - Eden of the East was a huge hit by the time it aired, and you're definitely missing out if you didn't see it.
    - Ghost in the Shell: The original 1995 movie is one of the best ever produced, and just watching it should hook you on the rest of the no less awesome franchise.
    - Kimi ni Todoke: Awesome Comedy/Romance mix.

By CLAMP (not really a studio, but a manga artist group) Clamp has a very distinct art style and is responsible for some of the best anime we have.
    - Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle: Everyone who has seen Card Captor Sakura is going to recognize many of the Characters here (mainly Sakura and Syaoran), but as a
    spin-off there's no real relation. Considered by many people I know as CLAMPs masterpiece (even though that might be overdoing it a bit), pretty much
    everything by CLAMP is worth watching (or reading), and this here is no exception.
    - xxxHolic: Famous for it's (small) tie-in with Tsubasa Chronicle above, you could call the two a pair that should be watched together (or directly one after the other,
    in no particular order).

By Kyoto Animation
    - As stated above, most of KEYs stuff is made here.
    - Suzumiya Haruhi: Called the best by some, over-rated by others, it's still one of the most iconic anime out there.
    - K-On! As much hate as it gets for starting the Moe Bubble (don't worry if you don't get that), it's still an absolutely awesome music anime that you shouldn't miss.
    - Lucky Star: Awesome comedy anime, though you most likely won't get many of the references until you venture deeper into the world of anime.

By J.C. Staff
    - Shakugan no Shana: One of the few anime that manages to take what's been done and tried before, and execute it in a way that still manages to surprise you.
    Though the animation quality is really good, the story excels as far as character development is concerned. Though they start out as the staple characters we
    know (female lead is a tsundere voiced by Kugimiya Rie), they actually develop past the usual stereotypes quite quickly until they all have distinct personalities.
    You can actually see how they are changed by the events in the story, which is sadly becoming really rare these days (It's also pretty much the only anime
    where I've seen a really strong, capable Kugimiya Rie lead before, one who can take care of herself and does so instead of having to be saved and then giving
    moral support from the sidelines). And, though the story has it's flaws, the recently aired final season pretty much gave it the best possible ending. (Yeah
    it's on of my absolute favourites, and yeah I just recently rewatched it. Sorry for the wall of text.)
    - To Aru Majutsu no Index: Insanely popular anime, also featuring a (side) character that many consider the perfect tsundere (she got her own spin-off, so yeah...)
    Definitely awesome. Second season has been announced some while back.
    - To Aru Kagaku no Railgun: Almost more popular than the original, this is above mentioned side story (even got a second season before the original did). It focuses on
    some of the Characters that don't get much air time in Index. The manga version is far more awesome though.
    - Hayate no Gotoku! Another great comedy/parody anime.
    - Toradora! Comedy and Romance, featuring what was voted the best anime couple for some time. Definitely worth the watch.

By Seven Arcs
    - Dog Days: A nice action/adventure anime, generally rather light hearted (the second season more so than the first), it's what I've come to call a "feel good anime".
    Everyone needs one once and then, and this is probably the best choice.
    - Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha: Coming as a surprise to most, it's far darker and packs a lot more action than you'd expect of a magical girl anime. Although it has the
    usual elements, this one definitely wasn't made for little girls to watch.

By Type Moon (again, not a animation studio but a visual novel producer, but many different studio did the adaptions so I listed them together)
    - Lunar Legend Tsukihime: Released in 2003 it's the first Type Moon work adapted into an anime and introduced us into the (HUGE) Type Moon universe. The deeper
    you get into it the better it gets, but the anime only scratches the surface due to the lack of resources of the media. You really ought to play the visual novel(s)
    to really enjoy it, but the anime is really good nonetheless.
    - Fate/stay night: The original Fate anime, it aired in 2006 and really got everyone hooked onto the Type Moon works that somehow missed Tsukihime. One of the best
    anime made in the legendary year of '06 (not making this up, a lot of the best anime out there were released in 2006), the game version was an instant success
    and insanely popular (still is, really). Also: The Unlimited Bladeworks Movie.
    - Kara no Kyoukai: Series of seven movies, loosely connected to Tsukihime, they tell seven captivating stories that no-one should miss.
    - Fate/zero: The prequel to Fate/stay night, aired in 2011, it pretty much works on the assumption that you've seen Fate/stay night since it contains some massive
    spoilers to it's storyline. If at all possible watch it only after you've seen /stay night to get the full experience.
    - Carnival Phantasm: A comedy/parody anime featuring the Tsukihime/Fate cast, it'll crack you up even if you haven't seen the above. As some people some nicely put
    it, it packs some "god-tier jokes".

Ok, this list is already getting far too long (and it's getting far too late... or early), so I'll stop here. I spent about 3 hours typing that b/c I couldn't sleep, and now it's turned into this ^^

I wish there were spoiler tags in this forum so I could hide most of it to keep it from spamming the page.

ok so i just finished guilty crown

despite having to stream in crap quality i did enjoy the animation, the plot had a lot of things missing, or rather things that could have been explained more thoroughly, but i still did enjoy the anime. it was definitely worth the 22 episodes.

think i will give steins gate a shot, i have often seen this anime in peoples top 10 lists so it cant be bad lol
    Last edited by orderschvank; 2012-12-28 at 06:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe try checking out Toradora, Gurren Lagann, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya or Steins;Gate.

I reccomend

Kampfer
    Hetalia
    Heroman
    Big O
    School days
    Boku no pico
    Boku no pico
    Discipline
    Bible Black
    Kono naka hitori imouto ga iru
    Cat planet cuties.

I put boku no pico twice to let you know its important

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surya View Post
    Maybe try checking out Toradora, Gurren Lagann, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya or Steins;Gate.
    I'm with this guy in suggesting Toradora, it's adorable, funny and is ripe with delicious 'd'aw' moments.
    I'm also with him with Gurren Lagann, though it gets a touch convoluted in the last couple of episodes it's still worth the watch.

I would say:

Rurouni Kenshin
    Fushigi Yuugi
    Dual! Parallel World Adventure
    Devil May Cry
    Hellsing OVA
    Bleach Anime (It stopped at episode 366 I think but well worth watching)
    Gundam Zero
    After War Gundam X (I kinda like mecha anime)

Deleted
    think i will give steins gate a shot, i have often seen this anime in peoples top 10 lists so it cant be bad lol
    Steins gate is a great choice, I would say Steins gate, Anohana, Usagi drop and Fate zero(started airing 2011) was the best shows last year for totally difference reasons. At least that is what I thought.

Check out these to name a few:

Eureka 7
    Death Note-(The way it plays out is amazing)
    One Piece (If you can handle 550+ eps)
    Deadman Wonderland
    A Certain Magical Index
    [c] money of soul and possibility control-(What if the worlds financial system was one big game)

And I highly recommend the animes Star Driver, Tiger and Bunny, and Gurren Lagann.
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2012-12-28 at 09:28 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    ok so i just finished guilty crown

despite having to stream in crap quality i did enjoy the animation, the plot had a lot of things missing, or rather things that could have been explained more thoroughly, but i still did enjoy the anime. it was definitely worth the 12 episodes.

Guilty Crown was more then 12 episodes...if you only got 12 you missed some stuff. that may be able to fill the gaps for you.

I actually liked Kazamakaze Tsukikage Ran but it was ended quite prematurely or I missed some episodes. But it was nice seeing a female samurai kicking booty