Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Or, you could watch good anime.
    Like the original if you MUST have your Goku fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Like the original if you MUST have your Goku fix.
    Well.... I wouldn't go that far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well.... I wouldn't go that far.
    Oh come on everbanned Dragonball is SO much better then Z.

Different style as well so taste plays a part as well but you know what i mean.

Oh hur, I thought you guys meant original DBZ as opposed to Kai or something.

So I tried watching steins gate since a few people recommended it. Now I barely made it through the first episode. What is going on with this anime?!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    So I tried watching steins gate since a few people recommended it. Now I barely made it through the first episode. What is going on with this anime?!
    Keep watching.

Didn't see the entire thread, don't know if it was mentioned...

But try Hunter X Hunter. There is a series with around 70 episodes, and then 2 OVAs so far. More are coming.

Also try Yu Yu Hakusho.

Both are very Naruto, Bleach, One Piece like. You will enjoy.

First episode makes zero sense there is a reason, keep watching it.

15+ Year Old Account
    there was a good anime I was going to suggest, but I cannot remember the name of it.

The setting is in Japan during hard economic times and it's so bad that the super heroes and villains are out of work so they're forced to take off the costumes and live "normal" lives by moving into a cheap apartment. Funny part is, they all move in with each other not knowing who each person is. One character is a Dr. Wily type, there is a 007-type female agent, a male super sentai-style hero, and a few others.

If anyone knows, you'd make me happy!

A few off the top of my head that I liked:

Samurai X/Rurouni Kenshin
    Ga-Rei Zero
    Mahou Sensei Negima
    Maken-Ki
    The World God Only Knows
    Busou Renkin
    Seikon No Qwaser
    Yumeria

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    Didn't see the entire thread, don't know if it was mentioned...

But try Hunter X Hunter. There is a series with around 70 episodes, and then 2 OVAs so far. More are coming.

Also try Yu Yu Hakusho.
    Both are very Naruto, Bleach, One Piece like. You will enjoy.
    Actually, Hunter x Huter has more then that, it's remade, the orginal is good, the remake is quite good, little style differences, I like both versions. I do wish it was longer, I could have watched it for like another couple of hundred episodes at least.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Deleted
    It is pretty confusing in the beginning, but you should still pay close attention to details even at the start. I have to admit I thought the first 10 or so episodes of Steins;Gate were veery boring but it gets much better towards the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Actually, Hunter x Huter has more then that, it's remade, the orginal is good, the remake is quite good, little style differences, I like both versions. I do wish it was longer, I could have watched it for like another couple of hundred episodes at least.
    In my opinion the remake is much better most of the time because it follows the manga more closely. And there is really no point in watching the older series now if you want to start watching HxH.
    Last edited by mmoc4d2020beea; 2013-01-29 at 08:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh hur, I thought you guys meant original DBZ as opposed to Kai or something.
    Dude if i'd meant Z i'd have said Z. No man classic Dragonball.

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 01:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    there was a good anime I was going to suggest, but I cannot remember the name of it.

The setting is in Japan during hard economic times and it's so bad that the super heroes and villains are out of work so they're forced to take off the costumes and live "normal" lives by moving into a cheap apartment. Funny part is, they all move in with each other not knowing who each person is. One character is a Dr. Wily type, there is a 007-type female agent, a male super sentai-style hero, and a few others.

If anyone knows, you'd make me happy!
    Sounds like Sunred. I can't remember the full name but that SHOULD be it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone have experience with Darker Than Black? Is it good? I was considering watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    Does anyone have experience with Darker Than Black? Is it good? I was considering watching it.
    first season is generally considered to be really good.
    second season is generally considered to be meh.

I remember watching it and enjoying it, but I don't remember much about it. I know that's not much help, but I guess what I'm saying is is that it's worth watching as just a time-filling show, but it's not really memorable; for me, anyway.

Deleted
    I had the very same reaction, I literally almost fell asleep when watching the first episode -.- Haven't had the motivation/interest to click play on the 2nd episode...

15+ Year Old Account
    ive been watching Zetsuen no Tempest and honestly im a little annoyed that the show has deviated from the Manga in the most recent episode...

Quote Originally Posted by Jesmam View Post
    I had the very same reaction, I literally almost fell asleep when watching the first episode -.- Haven't had the motivation/interest to click play on the 2nd episode...
    Which amine is this? Is it Steins;Gate, because if it is, yes the first episode is not stellar, but it is important.

Anyway to all the people who think Steins;Gate is not worth watching after the first episode, if you do not love it by the end I will personally give you 50 internet monies. And I can be fairly certain that I will never have to pay out!

Excellent anime. Although I never got around to watching the 2nd season.