Too Many Buttons—Macros?

Is there anything you guys macro together? I wasn't really bothering with using all my stuff, but I just hit 90 so I need to optimize now. I have to fit an extra ~8 abilities on my bars... I can probably do it all with modifier macros, but is there anything you can just slap into one macro without negatively affecting performance?

Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Is there anything you guys macro together? I wasn't really bothering with using all my stuff, but I just hit 90 so I need to optimize now. I have to fit an extra ~8 abilities on my bars... I can probably do it all with modifier macros, but is there anything you can just slap into one macro without negatively affecting performance?

Thanks.
    Blood Fury (if that's how you roll) + Rabid. Maybe AMoC as well, but it's tricky, since there's situations where you want to delay it independantly from BF/Rabid due to it being reset by Readiness.
    Other than that? No.

i use crows and fervor together, so when i use crows im at full focus again (yep, not giving a fuck about dire beast)
    p.s. fervor off gcd

Remove useless abilities off your bars. Yes, you can press "K" to reach your professions and other assorted things through the Micro-menu.

Place rarely used abilities on binds that are out of the way. I bind Flare to "0", Tranq Shot to "-", and things like Mass Rez, Cheetah, and Pack on my number pad.

You can easily remove 2+ abilities off your bars by bind different traps to one macro with modifiers. Freezing Trap to "[nomod]", Icy Trap to "[mod:shift]", Explosive Trap to "[mod:alt]", ect.

Maybe it's just me, but I place my most spammable abilities on "2" and "R". Feels like the perfect position with a "QWEASD" kind of movement bind set-up. You can most likely add "D" and "F" to the list depending if you use "A" and "D" to turn, I like circle strafing so I keep those.

Combine more and more abilities into modifier macros as you continue on so you don't feel overwhelmed by so many new binds.

You can combine Rapid Fire, Blood Fury/Berserking, and /use "Trinket" (13/14) or /use "Tinker" to one button.

I use a Nostromo and a Naga. Everything's good now; set up nice and neat. I just didn't see anything I could obviously macro together, but most classes I've played have stuff that just gets macro'd.

When I level, it's fast and furious so I don't take time to set up mod macros, and my bars are always a mess. I just clean them up and set up all the appropriate UI tracking at 90.

Thanks for the help, peeps.

Rabid+Dire Beast: If you keep Rabid off autocast, this is the way to go. Since you'll never be using DB on short DPS phases (which is where you want to avoid using Rabid) it works out well. I'm not saying to delay rabid casts to line up with DB, but just press the button when Rabid is up even if DB is on CD.

Stampede+Rapid Fire: It saves a button during your opening burst phase and then after that their CDs will be staggered. I do keep another button just for Rapid Fire just in case they both come up and I'm saving my second Stampede, but the macro does help a little during the opening burn phase and for laziness if your other dedicated Rapid Fire button is harder to reach.

A Proper BW macro: I use one that casts BW, has a pet attack command, uses engineer springs, and then casts Kill Command. You'll always want to KC immediately after you pop BW, so there's no reason to not macro it in. It doesnt really save a button, but it's nice to have.

Also, this is just pure laziness, but I have macros for every ability that I change in and out. So instead of constantly pulling Wyvern Sting/Silencing Shot/Binding shot on and off of my bars, I just have a macro with all of them in it so that it casts whichever one is active. Saves me from ever having to do anything with my buttons when I swap out talents. That's another reason why having Dire Beast on a macro is nice - it won't disappear when you switch between DB and ToTH. This might be a problem if you rely on seeing the actual button tooltip instead of watching CD timers, but it works for me. Maybe there's a way to get it to display the active tooltip but I've never really looked into it.

I'll just post a few of my macros here, I feel that the BW macro is the most important one really (so you won't have to press like 4 buttons at the same time, just one)

Bestial wrath (I'm engineer, so I just put synapse springs here aswell, if you have an on-use trinket i'd put /use 13 or /use 14 before /use 10):

#showtooltip
    /cast Bestial Wrath
    /use 10
    /petattack
    /use Blood Fury
    /use Rabid
    /cast Kill Command

Glaive Toss ( /use 6 here for belt, I'm using frag bomb. If I happen to be using nitro boosts, I just remove that line):

#showtooltip
    /cast Glaive Toss
    /petattack
    /use [combat] Rabid
    /use 6

Call pet+spirit mend macro (You could obviously add in other pet-abilities in this one if you're not using a spirit beast. You could say do /cast Eternal Guardian for a combat ress if you're using a quilen):

#showtooltip Spirit Mend
    /cast Call Pet 5
    /cast Spirit Mend
    /cast [@player] Spirit Mend

Revive pet macro (will use Heart of the Phoenix if available, pretty simple):

#showtooltip Revive Pet
    /cast Heart of the Phoenix
    /cast Revive Pet

and finally KC:

#showtooltip Kill Command
    /petattack
    /petassist
    /cast Kill Command

Deleted
    I don't get how you guys are running out of binds. Use your modifiers!

#showtooltip
    /cast Arcane Blast
    /cast Arcane Blast
    /cast Arcane Blast
    /cast Arcane Blast
    Anyone think some other classes have it much easier?

10+ Year Old Account
    We have many buttons? Do you have Tame pet, feed pet and all that mumbojumbo on your bars? If so, why?

The spells I rarely use aren't on my bars. Lots of space.

I mean, I have Arcane Shot on Q and Explosive Shot / Chimera / Kill Command on E. With modifiers I can have 8 binds to these two buttons. Imagine how many binds you have when you factor in buttons such as 1-7, R,T,Y,G,H,F,C,V,Z,<

Aaaaand so on.
    Last edited by Asrialol; 2012-12-28 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    I don't get how you guys are running out of binds. Use your modifiers!
    what if im out even with modifiers?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crooklyn View Post
    what if im out even with modifiers?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    I'm not running out, l2p. Kidding! Grow bigger hands.

I only bind a KC into my Readiness, and my potion to my Rapid Fire for the pull. Everything else - manual.