Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Also, I know how strong blood fear is, I think I've said it several times already it's a bit too strong, but the normal fear on the other hand, is currently rather weak.
    With blood fear you could interrupt heals, break cc chains, prevent instant cc, and give yourself a lot more time to dps. Every single class has several ways now to prevent people from casting, constantly having to fakecast fears means you won't be dotting stuff up and if you happen to get interrupted, you are screwed. Where a blood fear is a 10/10, I wouldn't give the normal fear more than a 5. ( I'm not comparing it with cc from other classes in case it isn't clear)
    so you endured for 11 seasons with a 5 of out 10 fear. you had 10 seasons where you were hands down one of the best casters with a 5 out of 10 fear. ok. that makes complete sense. why on earth would you make that 5 out of 10 fear into a 10 out of 10 fear and think it was balanced?!

people have always had tons of ways from stopping you getting casts off. how has anything changed?

Oh and, those defensive cooldown? A 40% damage reduction+interrupt immunity every 3min and dark bargain which is a 8sec immunity every 3min...
    is dark regeneration not commonly specced anymore? ( 2 minutes)? i don't think i've ever seen a warlock with out it. either way, percentage based heals are really really really good.

That's a lot... /sarcasm. Not to mention that most offensive cooldowns are on a 2min timer.
    warriors don't have a 2 minute cd. paladins have to spec their 2 minute. priests have to spec into their any offensive cd at all. druids don't have a 2 minutes. shamans don't either. dks have a 1 minute i guess...

really only mages and warlocks have 2 minute cds...

what exactly was your point?

And even now I really feel like disagreeing you on you saying that boomkins have worse survivability. Ever heard of bearform, good druids know when to use it.
    bear form isn't nearly as good as it was in the past. ...boomkins survive more because they can open gaps and run and hide effectively.

Again, if warlocks were good, people would play them, now, they are the 3rd least played class, above rogues and monks which are getting massive buffs while locks are getting some massive nerfs.
    And while representation doesn't mean that much, in cata they were at the top, in 5.2 they are going to the absolute bottom.
    lock representation is still really really high on my battlegroup, with only warriors and mages being higher.

people don't play warlocks, at least they haven't in the past because they are a high skill floor class compared with other casters ( mages)...

......and dot juggling can be really really of boring if it isn't your thing. people don't play locks in general, not that people play them less in pvp. their pvp representation has always been really high.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    so you endured for 11 seasons with a 5 of out 10 fear. you had 10 seasons where you were hands down one of the best casters with a 5 out of 10 fear. ok. that makes complete sense. why on earth would you make that 5 out of 10 fear into a 10 out of 10 fear and think it was balanced?!
    You completely miss the point that it's being compared to blood fear and not to cc other classes have. I never said blood fear was balanced, I've pretty much said that blood fear is to strong in pretty much every single post in this thread. Reading is hard.

is dark regeneration not commonly specced anymore? ( 2 minutes)? i don't think i've ever seen a warlock with out it. either way, percentage based heals are really really really good.
    Yes, what part of 50% heal over 12sec( in combination with glyphed hs) didn't you understand. That's dark regen bro, not that amazing anymore after the healing nerfs..

warriors don't have a 2 minute cd. paladins have to spec their 2 minute. priests have to spec into their any offensive cd at all. druids don't have a 2 minutes. shamans don't either. dks have a 1 minute i guess...

really only mages and warlocks have 2 minute cds...

what exactly was your point?
    That without cooldowns we die easily, therefor any class with offensive cooldowns under 3min can kill us very easy if caught out of position.
    Most classes have defensive cooldowns on a 2 min cooldown, all we warlocks have is our dark regen + healthstone combo, which after the nerfs is nothing more than a glorified HoT.

bear form isn't nearly as good as it was in the past. ...boomkins survive more because they can open gaps and run and hide effectively.
    Does that change the fact it's still good? Not as overpowered as it was last season, but it's still good.

lock representation is still really really high on my battlegroup, with only warriors and mages being higher.

people don't play warlocks, at least they haven't in the past because they are a high skill floor class compared with other casters ( mages)...
    What battlegroup are we talking about, since I don't feel like posting my link again where it clearly shows that warlocks have a very low representation right now.
    Just ret has more representation than demonology and destruction combined, and if I've to believe you, ret is bad.

Warlocks had one of the highest representations in cataclysm, wotlk and tbc, when it drops to the bottom, you know something is wrong with the class and denying it just makes you look like a fool.
    Over half of the top teams in cataclysm were warlock-shaman-something, that's just a fact.
    That warlocks have an extremely low representation compared to cataclysm is a fact as well.

As destruction, you don't have to juggle dots, yet, little representation.
    As demonology, you don't have to juggle dots, and again, little representation
    As affliction, you can juggle dots, even less representation.

There's a reason why half of the classes have a spec that have a higher representation than all warlock speces combined. All the good that remains on warlocks is getting nerfed in 5.2, badly, so stop denying that warlocks are anything but good.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-01-02 at 05:07 PM.

it doesnt really matter, if you start arena at a fresh ll 90 right now you wont be able to compete.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    it doesnt really matter, if you start arena at a fresh ll 90 right now you wont be able to compete.
    The thread is mainly about 5.2, when fresh people get their chance to catch up because of the better honor gear.

people have always had tons of ways from stopping you getting casts off. how has anything changed?
    Is this a serious question ? A ton has changed, mainly the fact everyone having instant cast and warlock losing Soul link
    Blood fear was retarded, but there is no way the class is gonna be competitive in its current 5.2 state

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    The thread is mainly about 5.2, when fresh people get their chance to catch up because of the better honor gear.
    "Catch up". Players who started on launch will be full malevolent-geared + weapons and already wearing tyrannical-pieces while new players will be wearing dreadful and farming malevolent-pieces.

I guess thats the price you pay when you show up late to the party