Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    I noticed the same thing. If you dare to say anything bad about blizzard or question them the zealot fanboys will rush at you with pitchforks and fire. The mods on the wow forums will ban you
    Here's the thing. If you're too wrapped up in a game that you can't contain your control freak behavior and constant whining, and realizing you can just stop playing something you don't like, guess what? You're a fanboy of that game. See, the option of not playing isn't a viable option. That's why people end up raging about the same shit. Because they can't stop playing. So when they aren't listened to, they feel helpless, and then comes the 2000 threads about the same thing. If you're that big of a fanboy of a game that you can't just quit when something bothers you that much in a game, then it's time to realize that maybe it's you. Not them. And I feel this way about anything. Real life or in games. Even things I don't even care about. There is a huge difference between constructive crit, and being a whining control freak. The latter isn't about trying to improve a product. It's about winning some battle in your mind. Because as we've seen time and again, the people that complain about shit all of the time always find something else to whine about when the initial issue they whined about is solved. Gaming companies can't fix players mental instabilities.

    But if I were a gaming company and I wanted a healthier community, I would put posting restrictions on people. 5 posts a day you can make, 2 threads a week you can start. That would keep all of the people just using forums as psychotherapy subdued, and the attention on real issues without bloat.
    Perfect example of why "community" forums are poisonous to the health of a development team. These developers are wasting hundreds of hours trying to stem the tide of incessant bitchery that would never, ever abate so long as these entitled, unfortunate human beings don't get their way.

  2. #202
    The Lightbringer Seezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Capua
    Posts
    3,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    I noticed the same thing. If you dare to say anything bad about blizzard or question them the zealot fanboys will rush at you with pitchforks and fire. The mods on the wow forums will ban you
    Oh right...because haters never stand around and circle jerk and reach for the pitchforks and torches.
    "1 in 4 Americans are skeptical on climate change...who gives a shit? That doesn't matter. You don't need other people's opinions on a fact. You may as well have a poll asking: Which number is bigger? 5 or 15? Do Owls exist? Are there hats?"

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    Yep pretty much. I was outspoken about blizzard's bad behavior towards their community, how they went from "It will be released when it is done" to "We released it, now just deal with the bugs we can't fix". So basically unless you are posting in favor of Blizzard and sprinkling flowers and sunshine on everything they do, they will be looking for reasons to dish out a ban, even if you are a canceled account.
    You seem to be confusing Blizzard, the company, with their community team. It's two different entities.

    If you disagree with the actions of a community manager or forum moderator, they value your feedback at [email protected].
    If it's specific to a certain post, they also encourage you to contact them through [email protected].

    And again: There are different ways to post about your opinions. All posts are not created equally.
    If you chose rock as a weapon, in order to beat a pair of scissors, don't start whining when you get pwn'd by a piece of paper.

  4. #204
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Here's the thing. If you're too wrapped up in a game that you can't contain your control freak behavior and constant whining, and realizing you can just stop playing something you don't like, guess what?
    Criticism is not whining. Also I quit wow a while ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    You're a fanboy of that game. See, the option of not playing isn't a viable option. That's why people end up raging about the same shit. Because they can't stop playing. So when they aren't listened to, they feel helpless, and then comes the 2000 threads about the same thing. If you're that big of a fanboy of a game that you can't just quit when something bothers you that much in a game, then it's time to realize that maybe it's you. Not them. And I feel this way about anything. Real life or in games. Even things I don't even care about. There is a huge difference between constructive crit, and being a whining control freak. The latter isn't about trying to improve a product. It's about winning some battle in your mind. Because as we've seen time and again, the people that complain about shit all of the time always find something else to whine about when the initial issue they whined about is solved. Gaming companies can't fix players mental instabilities.
    I agree with you. They also cant fix people with mental instabilities to worship a gaming company and the same people that get so emotional when someone says something bad about the gaming company or game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    But if I were a gaming company and I wanted a healthier community, I would put posting restrictions on people. 5 posts a day you can make, 2 threads a week you can start. That would keep all of the people just using forums as psychotherapy subdued, and the attention on real issues without bloat.
    If the gaming company a healthier community we would see allot more forum bans and a shit ton of in game bans. They would have to discipline the bad behavior.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 10:57 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Oh right...because haters never stand around and circle jerk and reach for the pitchforks and torches.
    For every 1 "hater" on the wow forums there is a legion of "fanboys"

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 11:00 PM ----------

    I personalty think that mailbox is File 13

    Most of the time they respond with a temple email or do not answer

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    And again: There are different ways to post about your opinions. All posts are not created equally.
    You are not allowed to post your opinion if its criticism towards blizzard on the official forums.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 11:05 PM ----------

    Oh and don't expect a blue replay to anything but a Silly Thread
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-01-05 at 07:03 AM.

  5. #205
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    11,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    You are not allowed to post your opinion if its criticism towards blizzard on the official forums
    You only need to go there and visit their General Discussion forums or any of the role forums to see how blatantly mistaken this is. Why people post stuff like this is a mystery since it is so easily proven wrong.

    Seriously, go there three days in a row and take a look at the front page of any of those forums. There are plenty of threads critical of the game and how Blizzard handles it.

    If one can manage to make a critical post that doesn't contain any masked language, doesn't call anyone out especially, isn't the subject of an already running thread and has at least a modicum of thought behind it, you will neither be banned nor will you suffer any consequences at all. Nor will the thread or post necessarily be deleted.

    Christ, look how many thousands of posts were made about CRZ critical of it.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    I personalty think that mailbox is File 13
    Here. Have a tinfoil hat.

    Most of the time they respond with a temple email or do not answer
    And?

    You are not allowed to post your opinion if its criticism towards blizzard on the official forums.
    Meanwhile, in reality:

    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...oing-our-best/
    Just look at all that blue response he got...

    Oh and don't expect a blue replay to anything but a Silly Thread
    See above.

    Now, what you are really talking about, when you say "being critical towards Blizzard", is insulting and raging. Like these posts:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...all-so-stupid/
    Right? If not, post an example to a reasonable, but critical post, that got shut down.
    Don't just make false claims.

    Oh, and "what MoanaLisa said".
    If you chose rock as a weapon, in order to beat a pair of scissors, don't start whining when you get pwn'd by a piece of paper.

  7. #207
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    Here. Have a tinfoil hat.
    Here have some Chap stick

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    And?

    Its useless

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    Meanwhile, in reality:

    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...oing-our-best/
    Just look at all that blue response he got...
    Us Forums =/= Eu forums

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    See above.
    Us Forums =/= Eu forums

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    Now, what you are really talking about, when you say "being critical towards Blizzard", is insulting and raging. Like these posts:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...all-so-stupid/
    Right? If not, post an example to a reasonable, but critical post, that got shut down.
    Don't just make false claims.

    Stop making assumptions. I realize blizzard is perfect to you and the rest of the fan boys.

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    Oh, and "what MoanaLisa said".
    and as I said Us Forums =/= Eu forums

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 03:04 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    You only need to go there and visit their General Discussion forums or any of the role forums to see how blatantly mistaken this is. Why people post stuff like this is a mystery since it is so easily proven wrong.
    It really depends I was referring to the us forums.

    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Seriously, go there three days in a row and take a look at the front page of any of those forums. There are plenty of threads critical of the game and how Blizzard handles it.
    Just looked. Silly threads, X is not op, rate that x mog, etc

    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    If one can manage to make a critical post that doesn't contain any masked language, doesn't call anyone out especially, isn't the subject of an already running thread and has at least a modicum of thought behind it, you will neither be banned nor will you suffer any consequences at all. Nor will the thread or post necessarily be deleted.
    Than its trolled by the legion of blizzard fanboys and is locked or deleted

    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Christ, look how many thousands of posts were made about CRZ critical of it.

    many of the CRZ threads on the us were locked and deleted there
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-01-05 at 11:12 PM.

  8. #208
    I have to admit I think those blizzard feedback E-mail links end up in Null void.

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Here have some Chap stick
    Based on what?

    Its useless
    Why?

    Us Forums =/= Eu forums
    That is a true statement, of course. I just hope you didn't intend it to imply what I think you meant it to imply. You're only setting yourself up to be proven wrong one more time.

    Stop making assumptions. I realize blizzard is perfect to you and the rest of the fan boys.
    I formed my assumption in the phrase of a question, AND provided you with a way to prove me wrong. I see that you didn't formulate it as a question. AND that you didn't want to prove me wrong.
    As for the second part: You're wrong. And I can't believe people still believe such devoted fanboys even exist, in this post-cataclysm era... Get with reality please! EVERYONE knows that Blizzard isn't perfect! Duh! You're coming across like a blind conspiracy theorist. If you ignore everything else I write, at least admit the stupidity of THIS single point!

    It really depends I was referring to the us forums.
    Based on how many times you've had to make that clarification, it might be an idea to specify this distinction in the future.

    Than its trolled by the legion of blizzard fanboys and is locked or deleted
    And I quote: "Stop making assumptions."

    many of the CRZ threads on the us were locked and deleted there
    Because they violated the forum rules. Some 99% of them for the same reason: Creating a new thread when one already existed. Easy rule to avoid breaking on SUCH a popular topic... The thread was always right there on the first page, for crying out loud!

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 04:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    I have to admit I think those blizzard feedback E-mail links end up in Null void.
    I'm running out of tinfoil for you people's hats.
    Last edited by LazyJones; 2013-01-07 at 03:21 PM.
    If you chose rock as a weapon, in order to beat a pair of scissors, don't start whining when you get pwn'd by a piece of paper.

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    I'm running out of tinfoil for you people's hats.
    All I can do it call it like I see it.

  11. #211
    I contested a Ban once, purely because the thing I got banned for, an MVP had posted something almost identical afterwards and nothing was done to them. Got it revoked, like a baws.
    WoW PvP; Where DPS are healers, tanks are DPS, and healers are tanks!

    RETH RETH RETH!

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    nothing great either, was a post on page 16 on another thread that 6 other threads I were following were deleted?

    Mods over there going a bit loco?

    *didn't even get in any name calling or rage just got it because I said I was posting on thread moderation under the section of Ban Type:
    "other"
    Don't sweat it.

    If they can force whatever you said into some mold of bannable offenses then they will, even if it's not bannable at all and at the same time breaking there own rules themselves at times.

    I wouldn't give it a second thought.
    Last edited by quras; 2013-01-07 at 06:48 PM.

  13. #213
    Over 9000! Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    9,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    Yep, seems the mods also will even ban accounts that are also frozen from cancellation. 5 days after the account expired from my cancellation, a friend notified me that suddenly, every single one of my posts were gone. So curious, I went and looked and found this:

    SNIP

    Probably the stupidest ban I have ever seen for saying they are deleting any feedback threads on CRZ. Didn't name any. Just stated that any feedback threads would be deleted. Kind of funny because my account had expired 2 days after that post, and they banned the account 5 days later when it was already frozen. Real genius right there.

    Far as I am concerned, Blizzard had lost me as a customer when I canceled, and reaffirmed my decision to not return after I had already left!
    I would really doubt the forum mods can see your sub status. Even if they can your post still broke the rules. So I guess I don't see the issue.

  14. #214
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    Based on what?
    The amount of blizzard asskissing?

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    Why?
    blizzard feedback E-mail links end up in Null void.

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    That is a true statement, of course. I just hope you didn't intend it to imply what I think you meant it to imply. You're only setting yourself up to be proven wrong one more time.
    assumptions

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    I formed my assumption in the phrase of a question, AND provided you with a way to prove me wrong. I see that you didn't formulate it as a question. AND that you didn't want to prove me wrong.
    what ever helps you sleep at night

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    As for the second part: You're wrong. And I can't believe people still believe such devoted fanboys even exist, in this post-cataclysm era... Get with reality please! EVERYONE knows that Blizzard isn't perfect! Duh! You're coming across like a blind conspiracy theorist. If you ignore everything else I write, at least admit the stupidity of THIS single point!
    your post come off as a devoted fanboy. these are not the official forums if your nose turns brown here your text do not turn green

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    Based on how many times you've had to make that clarification, it might be an idea to specify this distinction in the future.
    Sure

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    And I quote: "Stop making assumptions."
    Not a assumption go look at the official forums some time

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    Because they violated the forum rules. Some 99% of them for the same reason: Creating a new thread when one already existed. Easy rule to avoid breaking on SUCH a popular topic... The thread was always right there on the first page, for crying out loud!
    Thread Limits and Continuation Thread Rules: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2191101521


    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    I'm running out of tinfoil for you people's hats.
    Do your lips ever get sore?

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 10:11 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    All I can do it call it like I see it.
    You can not reason with fanboys

  15. #215
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    11,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    You can not reason with fanboys
    Those who generally jump to the 'fanboys' card at the first opportunity are not known for being reasonable either. There's plenty enough of this on both sides of the argument.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  16. #216
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Those who generally jump to the 'fanboys' card at the first opportunity are not known for being reasonable either. There's plenty enough of this on both sides of the argument.

    The same could be said about those who use the tinfoil hat augment or calls people blind conspiracy theorist. I use 'fanboys' card on people who kiss the ass of blizzard non stop and refuse to say anyone else has a valid argument.

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    I would really doubt the forum mods can see your sub status. Even if they can your post still broke the rules. So I guess I don't see the issue.
    Not really. To me, saying "They deleted <specific> thread" is a rule violation. Saying they are deleting any feedback threads about a topic so heavily hated, is a broad statement many have used throughout the forums without any bans. Heck I've used the term before on other threads. Heck that would be like banning someone saying "Oh yeah they are deleting threads that are outright spam".

    I didn't post that topic, I had replied to it. And believe me, I am pretty positive they can see a persons subscription status. If they can see our account name, and such, they certainly could see our subscription status. There's enforcing the rules, which I can see them handing a ban out to someone saying "Why was my x thread deleted", but it's a completely different ballgame banning someone for making a broad statement that they are removing any and all threads pertaining to certain subjects. They stepped from being moderators trying to keep the peace, to silencing people that speak out on their bullish behavior.

    Also should be noted, I was given a forum ban one other time, and it never effected my other postings on that forum. They now use the bans to clear any and all posts that speak negatively about Blizzard. This is evident as the ones that have been banned since the CRZ fiasco, were the ones who's posting history conveniantly gets wiped. In the meantime, obvious trolling and spam threads that serve 0 purpose other than to take up space on the forums such as sha of happiness, and such, not only are allowed to remain, but get the moderators posting in them as well.

    So excuse me if I think general discussions forum, which says it is a forum dedicated to the discussion of world of warcraft, should be a center for discussing as a community, the good, the bad, and the really terrible parts of World of Warcraft, without fear of being censored. But either way, the ban they gave my frozen account was still the most pointless ban in the history of Blizzard. I posted numerious times in several CRZ threads, that my account was canceled and when my last day was. Think about that. Account canceled, last day to post on that forum was the 15th. They waited till the 20th to go back and ban the account. 5 days of no posting on their forum. 8 days total since the post in question. Seems to me, if my post was such a violation, it would of been dealt with the day it was made. Instead, they waited till the account was frozen, and used the ban to wipe out the entire posting history, including the posts comparing them to SWG's developers. I don't find that a coincidence.

    But no biggy for me. I am in SWTOR now. It's a much better game, with a much better company. Blizzard has gone down the tubes since CRZ was introduced in the beta. A company that once had the slogan "It will be released when it is ready" has now gone to "We are releasing it, we don't care if it breaks stuff, we will do work-a-rounds to make it work, and some features will always be broke, so deal with it". Thankfully, I managed to deny Blizzard another $14.99 sub fee, by detering my nephew from restarting up his account. And another friend who was my recruit a friend, has also looked at the situation and has left the game for good as well.

    I think what is the most telling was the day I canceled my account, the customer service agent over the phone guessed immediately it was because of CRZ. Seems they were getting a lot of cancellations, and he tried getting me to do an in game suggestion of why I was leaving before the account expired. This whole situation is an embarrassment to them. We know it, they know it. And this is why they are openly trying to silence people, even the ones who have already canceled.

  18. #218
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    11,127
    I don't know if it matters whether or not they can see your sub status. If you can post there, you've got a sub at the time you made the post.

    I think that's how it works there. There may be a few hours lag or something. But the way they have it set up, it's easier for everyone to assume that they're posting on a valid battle.net account that's subscribed to WoW. I don't know if you can post while your account is suspended for non-payment.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 05:11 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    The same could be said about those who use the tinfoil hat augment or calls people blind conspiracy theorist. I use 'fanboys' card on people who kiss the ass of blizzard non stop and refuse to say anyone else has a valid argument.
    Well, as I said, there's enough intransigence to go around. I will say that calling people names doesn't solve anything and pretty much negates any argument you might have that might have some validity though. It's a low thing and it's difficult to have any respect for it or the people that engage in it.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  19. #219
    I've been perma banned 3 times. Got unbanned each time. How? Loopholes in the ToS.

    Those that read it know how to use it to their advantage.
    Those that shun it fear it.

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I don't know if it matters whether or not they can see your sub status. If you can post there, you've got a sub at the time you made the post.

    I think that's how it works there. There may be a few hours lag or something. But the way they have it set up, it's easier for everyone to assume that they're posting on a valid battle.net account that's subscribed to WoW. I don't know if you can post while your account is suspended for non-payment.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 05:11 PM ----------



    Well, as I said, there's enough intransigence to go around. I will say that calling people names doesn't solve anything and pretty much negates any argument you might have that might have some validity though. It's a low thing and it's difficult to have any respect for it or the people that engage in it.
    But like I said, they waited 5 days after the account was already frozen, aka, couldn't post or do anything on the forums at all once the account is frozen. So again, there's lag, and then there's purposely going back 7 days to find the 1 post out of many to use as a loophole to get rid of all the criticism against the company.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •