Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    In the last couple of weeks I've seen examples where the blizzard moderators are extremely lenient with pro blizzards post (just recently seen where a poster broke the same rule more than once) and the only action on him was just those post deleted and he's still non stop posting, where as I've seen someone breaking the same level of rule (discussing forum moderation *and in my case was not even direct attack post just a off comment where as the other poster used it to attack other posters) get a 72 vacation and all their post deleted (I'm not the only one I know that's had that happen).

And this all should not break off into a fanboy\hater argument I like blizzard and their games (Ok not D3) but their forum moderation system and management needs some major work.
    As in: Handled by machines instead of fallible human beings?

My point: I don't think any moderation system will ever be without criticism from the moderated.
    And I know that I certainly couldn't treat different transgressions equally throughout a day of moderation work. It would depend upon my mood, what I had to eat, how much sleep I had, and many other factors. This is to be expected, even from "professionals". If you then disagree with the action, you simply have to use the proper channels to appeal it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    My point: I don't think any moderation system will ever be without criticism from the moderated.
    And I know that I certainly couldn't treat different transgressions equally throughout a day of moderation work. It would depend upon my mood, what I had to eat, how much sleep I had, and many other factors. This is to be expected, even from "professionals". If you then disagree with the action, you simply have to use the proper channels to appeal it.
    As a business proposition ROI on forum moderation is likely close to zero so it'll never get the sort of attention at Blizzard that it probably needs to be consistent and thorough. It's quite clear that they're understaffed to some degree as they provide little-to-no moderation overnight and weekends. That said, if posts go unreported it's highly unlikely that anything will ever be done with them and given the volume of posts that get reported over there that are essentially false positives it's not surprising that moderation is imperfect.

Really, the same criticism shows up here too. It's an imperfect world full of judgement calls. Not everyone sees things the same way and it's ridiculous to assume that we read every post in GenD. That's why post reporting and an appeal process are important.

I'm sure that Blizzard has their reasons ("Every voice matters") but I've personally never understood why they don't allow their MVP's to do more in the way of directing traffic on their forums, especially nights and weekends.

Just my opinion though.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    That is glorious news Thanks!
    Happy to help. Thanks to Dadwen for reminding me that this happened.

Now, just don't go and get yourself banned again
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I just avoid the official Blizzard forums on principle now, seeing how much bullshit people are allowed to spew on those forums without getting banned...

And especially the Diablo 3 forums. Seriously. Don't go there. It. Will. Ruin. Your. Life.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

10+ Year Old Account
    On my part?
    Examples, please.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/search.p...rchid=48879786

And remember, disagreeing with you is not the same as kissing Blizzards ass.
    I am aware

Assumption.
    Do you have any proff it is not? Seems to be countless people like my self that has never heard a replay from them

At this point I think it's safe to assume that you either cannot, or will not, give a single example of a post that is reasonable, yet got shut down on the official forums.
    I got shut done? Really? My account is not perma banned there I could go post there if I still played that piece of shit game

To you, perhaps. Because I dare to disagree with you. Because I dare to question you. Because I dare to ask that you give examples and arguments.
    You do not just disagree you fanboy pretty hard. Your post history is not hidden here

All you do is make assumptions, like where you assumed the only reason to agree with Blizzard is to become an MvP (just above this...). That alone says that your position is unbalanced, and that you are refusing to acknowledge that anyone disagreeing with you could possible have a point.
    And all you do is call people conspiracy theorist who dare say something bad about bli$$ard or wow.

I post and read there quite often, actually.
    There are indeed "Blizzard fanboys", but it is far from every constructive criticism that gets shut down due to trolling.
    Proff?

The fact that it happens, is not enough of an argument to claim that it (even almost) always happens, which is basically what you are saying.
    As said before proff?

And it is certainly not an argument for simply not bothering with constructive criticism. Which, I'm afraid, your position comes across as.
    Once again opinion not fact.

I fail to see the relevance. That post is almost 2 years old, and no longer applies, as should be evident. There's even a 426 page thread on transmogs in the General section's very first page as of this writing.
    As said before http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2191101521 sticky at the very top and listed in the forum rules

I know the forum rules and the my MONEY going to blizzard is a privilege not a right. To be honest the official forums is a steaming pile of shit. Hell they are totally useless the devs use twitter to talk to people and mmo champ has better forums.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 11:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I'm sure that Blizzard has their reasons ("Every voice matters") but I've personally never understood why they don't allow their MVP's to do more in the way of directing traffic on their forums, especially nights and weekends.

Just my opinion though.
    Have you been to the us forums? some of the mvp's troll just as bad as the trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    And especially the Diablo 3 forums. Seriously. Don't go there. It. Will. Ruin. Your. Life.
    That's a lesson in what happens when you let things get away from you. Those have been terrible from day 1 of D3 and from what I can tell haven't really gotten any better. If you want to try and understand how Blizzard really feels about their forums, that's as good a place to look as any. It's not a pretty picture.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post

Just my opinion though.
    Maybe because they get paid for doing it.
    Allowing MVPs to moderate for free might get people higher up questioning why they need to pay for it.

Personally I would go for self moderating forums based on the report button.
    Reported 20 times by different accounts automatic deletion.

Self cleaning and no biased moderation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Have you been to the us forums? some of the mvp's troll just as bad as the trolls.
    People sometimes think that I troll pretty hard here too. It's all in the eye of the beholder. What someone thinks is a pretty well-reasoned opinion/argument is another person's "You're trolling me" post.

Unpaid volunteers are going to step over the line once in a while and that's OK as long as there's a review process (There's a really good one here).

All of that said, Blizzard could use the help nights and weekends at the very least even if it's little more than flagging a post and hiding it until someone else can have a look at it. Anyone that takes advantage of that sort of system sticks out pretty quickly.

Don't use blizzard forums. Its humiliating.

Pft... only 72 hours?

I've been banned for a week just for saying "don't be a twat".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephismo View Post
    Personally I would go for self moderating forums based on the report button.
    Reported 20 times by different accounts automatic deletion.

Self cleaning and no biased moderation.
    They have a down-voting process that buries posts. I don't know that a lot of people actually use it although I see it once in a while.

It's impossible to know how Blizzard really view their forums internally but there are plenty of examples of better-moderated-by-volunteer forums around. It's probably something to do with the legalities of how they grant access to forums based on paid subscriptions. I won't even pretend to guess what they do but Blizzard General Discussion forums are generally pretty terrible. My sense is that U.S. is worse the EU but there's plenty of bad crap to go around. Of course, that brings up Sturgeon's Law: "90% of everything is crap" so maybe it's just the nature of the thing.

Deleted
    Blizzard forums is like the plague for me, the amount of derp..man.

I got shut done? Really? My account is not perma banned there I could go post there if I still played that piece of shit game.

For someone who claims the game is a "piece of shit", and who believes the MVPs to be trolling, you sure do put a lot of energy into arguing about WoW. I could understand the passion if you were still playing and upset about the state of things, but your heated opinion is about as valid on WoW as mine would be about SuperContra on NES. Why bother shouting at the rain when everyone just keeps opening umbrellas in your face?

Deleted
    Funny. It's probably a case of incorrect link formatting, but the search results in: "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."
    So...

Do you have any proff it is not? Seems to be countless people like my self that has never heard a replay from them
    I also have no proof that Santa Claus is not real.
    Don't ask me to prove a negative, it's not proper.
    If we're going to talk about evidence for or against, the burden of proof traditionally lies with the person making the claim.
    The person presenting the assumption.

I got shut done? Really? My account is not perma banned there I could go post there if I still played that piece of shit game
    You sound more angry than rational.
    And my request was for "a post that got shut down despite being reasonal". I made no claim about your account or you getting "shut done".

You do not just disagree you fanboy pretty hard. Your post history is not hidden here
    Again: Agreeing with Blizzard is not fanboying, anymore than disagreeing with them is hating them.

And all you do is call people conspiracy theorist who dare say something bad about bli$$ard or wow.
    Wrong.
    I do tend to disagree with people when they use anecdotal evidence and rumors and assumptions in their arguments about how Blizzard (you can't even write out their name without throwing in a comment about how they're greedy?) will do anything for money, despite the fact that they don't...

Proff?
    Proof that you don't always get shut down for being critical?

EU:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...n-improvement/
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...etting-ruined/
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...people-hooked/

Comment about EU vs US:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...vs-us-website/

US:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ally-blizzard/
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-silly-thread/
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...count-bannedi/
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-verification/
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...thread-locked/

Once again opinion not fact.
    Actually, "posting requirement". Not opionion. It's in the posting rules.

As said before http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2191101521 sticky at the very top and listed in the forum rules
    And as said, that's a 2 year old post, that no longer seems relevant. The threads no longer cap at 26 pages, and this would not negate the rules about not creating duplicate threads on a subject anyway. I really don't understand what your point is with this link.
    Last edited by mmoc7805351bd4; 2013-01-09 at 09:24 PM.

And as said, that's a 2 year old post, that no longer seems relevant. The threads no longer cap at 26 pages, and this would not negate the rules about not creating duplicate threads on a subject anyway. I really don't understand what your point is with this link.

Huh, they still auto cap on the wow forums at 26 (the mod can over ride it) but I seen it in action myself less than a month ago when trying to post on a thread.

(easy way to tell is the CRZ feedback threads, go to a older one and they stop at 26 and they are not locked but you can't post in them)
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2013-01-09 at 09:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny. It's probably a case of incorrect link formatting, but the search results in: "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."
    So...
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post19744448
    I also have no proof that Santa Claus is not real.
    Don't ask me to prove a negative, it's not proper.
    If we're going to talk about evidence for or against, the burden of proof traditionally lies with the person making the claim.
    The person presenting the assumption.
    So no proff? got it

You sound more angry than rational.
    And my request was for "a post that got shut down despite being reasonal". I made no claim about your account or you getting "shut done".
    Misread it than.

Again: Agreeing with Blizzard is not fanboying, anymore than disagreeing with them is hating them.
    Again calling people conspiracy theorist for disagreeing with blizzard is fanboying.

Wrong.
    I do tend to disagree with people when they use anecdotal evidence and rumors and assumptions in their arguments about how Blizzard
    Your post history disagrees with you.

(you can't even write out their name without throwing in a comment about how they're greedy?) will do anything for money, despite the fact that they don't...
    Proff of these facts? Cause last I checked RMAH, Mico tranactions, Blizzard cash shop.

I like how one of the threads where about why was my thread locked. You your self talked about how moderation is not allowed to be talked about but like I said before their moderation is half assed.

Wrong thread do cap at 26 pages modes can raise the post cap

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 01:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Huh, they still auto cap on the wow forums at 26 (the mod can over ride it) but I seen it in action myself less than a month ago when trying to post on a thread.

(easy way to tell is the CRZ feedback threads, go to a older one and they stop at 26 and they are not locked but you can't post in them)

Yeah is is also a person who keeps saying "the rules posted 2 years ago do not apply cause they are two years old"

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 01:42 PM ----------

From a Blizzard employee

Originally Posted by Zarhym
    As you're probably aware, when these new forums were introduced the post-per-thread limit was almost... limitless. That made threads particularly difficult for everyone to follow. In a recent update we reinstated the 500-post cap which existed on the old forums. Unfortunately, at this time we're unable to extend that limit on individual threads. This functionality existed on the old forums and we hope to have it brought over to our new site as well.

We like that threads have a modest cap by default, but we definitely want the ability to open bigger discussions to more posts as needed.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2228427516#6
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-01-09 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    I got a month ban for saying the word fuck. I'm fucking Australian, the word fuck is up there with my most commonly used. I was using it in adjectival sense too, fucking assholes.
    And foul language is against the rules. Does not matter in the slightest where you're from either.

Ban was just. You deserved it.

I have had banned and unbanned like 15 times. I used to think the mods here were bad cause Im on like my 8th account but the WoW mods will ban you for anything. Also if you get a bad reputation on the forums people will go and flag all your posts regardless of them being bad or not. I think the same guy reported every post I made on all of his characters and thats why I kept getting banned because Blizzard always unbanned me right away after reviewing what i had actually posted.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 05:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    I got a month ban for saying the word fuck. I'm fucking Australian, the word fuck is up there with my most commonly used. I was using it in adjectival sense too, fucking assholes.

There is no month ban. The next step after 72 hours is Perma.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post

There is no month ban. The next step after 72 hours is Perma.

What the hell. They owe me some 1 month suspensions then. All mine went from 72 hours to BAN!