Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    What the hell. They owe me some 1 month suspensions then. All mine went from 72 hours to BAN!
    mine went from 1 week to 30 days

No 72, no 24 no 48 no warning
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-01-09 at 11:23 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what that is suppose to prove but it doesn't prove anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    So no proff? got it
    You don't have any either. Got it. (what is proff?)

Again calling people conspiracy theorist for disagreeing with blizzard is fanboying.
    Calling people fanboys makes you a hater.

Proff of these facts? Cause last I checked RMAH, Mico tranactions, Blizzard cash shop.
    Someone call the police. A business is selling things to make money. The world is going to end because we have a company trying to make money. You know like they are suppose too.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK. Everyone stop with the name-calling. Say whatever you need to say without putting someone in an artificial box based on words. - ML
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

^This.

Hell one of their mvp's makes tons of troll post and is still mvp
    Zarhym would have been permabanned multiple times if he wasn't a blue skull.

Whatever, it's their web site, their rules. I don't know why people think it should be "everyone's web site, everyone's rules."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    Zarhym would have been permabanned multiple times if he wasn't a blue skull.

Whatever, it's their web site, their rules. I don't know why people think it should be "everyone's web site, everyone's rules."
    I think Bashiok is worst

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Not sure what that is suppose to prove but it doesn't prove anything.
    Looks like he was siting there and calling people conspiracy theorist for no reason

You don't have any either. Got it. (what is proff?)
    I said they do not replay to the blizzard feedback emails still yet to be disproven on it

Calling people fanboys makes you a hater.
    Call the loyal blizzard asskissers fanboys because that is what they are. A hater is A person that simply cannot be happy for another person's success. So rather than be happy they make a point of exposing a flaw in that person.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hater

I could careless about blizzard or the fanboys success.

Someone call the police. A business is selling things to make money. The world is going to end because we have a company trying to make money. You know like they are suppose too.
    No one said that bullshit. The other poster disagreed tried saying blizzard is not greedy I was disproving that. Last time I checked Blizzard is a for profit public traded business.
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-01-10 at 02:56 AM.

Deleted
    Yes?

4 differently colored versions of this mount was datamined some time back. Several people immediately claimed that:
    1. These were all going to be sold in the store.
    2. Blizzard is a GREEDY publisher, trying to make people buy the same product 4 times!

Notice how the second claim is dependent on the first being correct? - Which they had no way of knowing? It wasn't even established that ANY of them were going to be sold in the store. Now that only one has been added to the store, the second claim is null and void.
    They formulated a conspiracy theory out of thin air (or rather, a datamined goat).

So no proff? got it
    No proof that the customer service emails do NOT direct to NULL?
    That is not a relevant point. A relevant point would be for you to prove that it does. It's your claim that it does (or might).

Asking someone to prove a negative is a silly stance.

You can't prove that your parents aren't secret CIA agents. And no one should ask that you do. They instead should prove that they are.
    Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. You're still left with nothing but a conspiracy theory.

Again calling people conspiracy theorist for disagreeing with blizzard is fanboying.
    But that isn't why I would call someone a conspiracy theorist.

Your post history disagrees with you.
    Nah.

Proff of these facts? Cause last I checked RMAH, Mico tranactions, Blizzard cash shop.
    That's called running a business.
    And if all businesses are "greedy", then you've completely watered that term into a meaningless waste of letters.

Take a look at the currently popular Mobile Trading Card Games, like Rage of Bahamut, or other outright pay2win games. We can talk about greed there.
    I absolutely see nothing special about Blizzard justifying the term "greed", without leveling the same term at a slew of other companies as well, rendering the term meaningless in my book. What then, would you call a complete pay2win game?!

I like how one of the threads where about why was my thread locked. You your self talked about how moderation is not allowed to be talked about but like I said before their moderation is half assed.
    Yes, I particularly liked that one as well, as it completely destroyed your initial claim about ALL critical posts getting shut down.
    Clearly this is just not true. And yes, that means that moderation is as fallible on the Blizzard Forums as pretty much anywhere else humans are doing the moderation.
    They even take this into account in the forum rules, stating that they reserve the right to handle each case on an individual basis.

Wrong thread do cap at 26 pages modes can raise the post cap
    I see. Never even realized this. I just saw the higher page numbers and made a bad assumption. My mistake.
    Back to your initial point about threads getting shut down, and someone mentioning the CRZ debate as an example: They did not get shut down because the thread reached 26 pages. They got shut down because they posted a new thread while the original was still open - AND they didn't even follow the simple rules in your linked post, for creating a follow up thread!

It's time to give up the claims that Blizzard bans any post critical of them, and bans for no reason.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 03:21 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    mine went from 1 week to 30 days

No 72, no 24 no 48 no warning
    Last edited by mmoc7805351bd4; 2013-01-10 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    It's time to give up the claims that Blizzard bans any post critical of them, and bans for no reason.
    When it comes down to it I can only go off my personal experience and what I see and from my experience this is just not true, they are a business and I'm sure they are like to keep things slanted in their favor but it would be nice if they were a little less obvious about it. (and to be honest I've only seen it in the last couple of years, just seems the forums have gone downhill a lot faster recently and it may have a lot to do with under staffing, which also leads to less Oversight).

Deleted
    I said they do not replay to the blizzard feedback emails still yet to be disproven on it
    I said your parents are secret CIA Agents, still yet to be disproven on it.

See, my point is, if you can just say anything, and then expect others to disprove you, it's going to be a crazy world of allegations about anything.
    That's why it's a common expectation that the person making the claim has to back it up. You can't just shift the burden of evidence like that.

No one said that bullshit. The other poster disagreed tried saying blizzard is not greedy I was disproving that. Last time I checked Blizzard is a for profit public traded business.
    And all "for profit public traded businesses" are "greedy"? Is that your definition of the term?

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 03:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    When it comes down to it I can only go off my personal experience and what I see and from my experience this is just not true, they are a business and I'm sure they are like to keep things slanted in their favor but it would be nice if they were a little less obvious about it. (and to be honest I've only seen it in the last couple of years, just seems the forums have gone downhill a lot faster recently and it may have a lot to do with under staffing, which also leads to less Oversight).
    If we're going by personal experience, it's the forum community that has gone downhill in the last couple of years. That may then have prompted harsher attitudes from the CM's, but I haven't really noticed that.

I got a one week ban for calling Jay Wilson and Greg Street scumbags.

I got a thirty days ban for calling casuals scrubs.

I don't think i have gotten a warning email yet. How likely is the chance that i will get permanently banned next time? Is there a way to check?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post

I don't think i have gotten a warning email yet. How likely is the chance that i will get permanently banned next time? Is there a way to check?
    "Next time"? - What kind of attitude is that?

And no.

If we're going by personal experience, it's the forum community that has gone downhill in the last couple of years. That may then have prompted harsher attitudes from the CM's, but I haven't really noticed that.
    I've watched several posters break the TOS more than once and get away with it (at the most had the reported posts (plural) deleted and that was it so they were seen by the mods) but no where near the same punishments others have had just because they were taking blizzard side on a argument (not just CRZ but several other issues too in the last year) right now one has a couple dozen posts calling people idiots and belittling others, so from this I can gather this is the type of posters the blizzards mods must want. And that IS the mods fault. *(if it was a volunteer moderated board I could see a LOT more leeway but not from paid moderators.)
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2013-01-10 at 03:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    There is no month ban. The next step after 72 hours is Perma.

There is, i got this ban about two weeks ago, also been banned for a week previously which is 168 hours.

Lol, did see someone pointed this out on the general discussion forums (see 4:40 on)
    http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...13/chris-kluwe

"cesspools of humanity"

again I blame the mods more than the players IMO they tend to scare of most of the normal posters away that just want to discuses things, and let anyone that has a more pro blizzard opinion bash others to their hearts content. (it's one thing to keeping it civil but you have to try and moderate both sides of the argument evenly or end up with a mess.)
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2013-01-10 at 04:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes?

4 differently colored versions of this mount was datamined some time back. Several people immediately claimed that:
    1. These were all going to be sold in the store.
    2. Blizzard is a GREEDY publisher, trying to make people buy the same product 4 times!
    They are a for profit company

Notice how the second claim is dependent on the first being correct? - Which they had no way of knowing? It wasn't even established that ANY of them were going to be sold in the store. Now that only one has been added to the store, the second claim is null and void.
    They formulated a conspiracy theory out of thin air (or rather, a datamined goat).
    There is no conspiracy theory

No proof that the customer service emails do NOT direct to NULL?
    That is not a relevant point. A relevant point would be for you to prove that it does. It's your claim that it does (or might).
    Person experience from my self and others

Asking someone to prove a negative is a silly stance.
    Asking someone to prove their augment is not

You can't prove that your parents aren't secret CIA agents. And no one should ask that you do. They instead should prove that they are.
    Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. You're still left with nothing but a conspiracy theory.
    Stop with the conspiracy theory bullshit

But that isn't why I would call someone a conspiracy theorist.
    Seems to be

Nah.
    I disagree

That's called running a business.
    And if all businesses are "greedy", then you've completely watered that term into a meaningless waste of letters.
    Micro transactions on a sub based game. Seems greedy to me

Take a look at the currently popular Mobile Trading Card Games, like Rage of Bahamut, or other outright pay2win games. We can talk about greed there.
    Apples to oranges

I absolutely see nothing special about Blizzard justifying the term "greed", without leveling the same term at a slew of other companies as well, rendering the term meaningless in my book. What then, would you call a complete pay2win game?!
    Micro transactions on a sub based game.

Yes, I particularly liked that one as well, as it completely destroyed your initial claim about ALL critical posts getting shut down.
    Clearly this is just not true. And yes, that means that moderation is as fallible on the Blizzard Forums as pretty much anywhere else humans are doing the moderation.
    hypocrite much?

They even take this into account in the forum rules, stating that they reserve the right to handle each case on an individual basis.
    Proff? From others post and personal experience they don't

I see. Never even realized this. I just saw the higher page numbers and made a bad assumption. My mistake.
    Back to your initial point about threads getting shut down, and someone mentioning the CRZ debate as an example: They did not get shut down because the thread reached 26 pages. They got shut down because they posted a new thread while the original was still open - AND they didn't even follow the simple rules in your linked post, for creating a follow up thread!
    Many of them got deleted while the other previous one was at post cap

You might not like the truth but that does not mean people are going to give up on it.

Half ass moderation like I said

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 12:00 PM ----------

I seen that my self. The old forums were a lot better

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 12:02 PM ----------

I said your parents are secret CIA Agents, still yet to be disproven on it.

See, my point is, if you can just say anything, and then expect others to disprove you, it's going to be a crazy world of allegations about anything.
    That's why it's a common expectation that the person making the claim has to back it up. You can't just shift the burden of evidence like that.
    Already answered that

[QUOTE=LazyJones;19770874And all "for profit public traded businesses" are "greedy"? Is that your definition of the term?[/QUOTE]Micro transactions on a sub based game. Seems greedy to me

the forum community is the way it is because blizzard lets it be that way

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 12:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post

No way to check. if you got a 30 day ban next one will be pema

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 12:04 PM ----------

"Next time"? - What kind of attitude is that?

And no.

Watch out now. He seems to think he knows how blizzard works

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 12:05 PM ----------

I've watched several posters break the TOS more than once and get away with it (at the most had the reported posts (plural) deleted and that was it so they were seen by the mods) but no where near the same punishments others have had just because they were taking blizzard side on a argument (not just CRZ but several other issues too in the last year) right now one has a couple dozen posts calling people idiots and belittling others, so from this I can gather this is the type of posters the blizzards mods must want. And that IS the mods fault. *(if it was a volunteer moderated board I could see a LOT more leeway but not from paid moderators.)
    its always been like that.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 12:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post

There is, i got this ban about two weeks ago, also been banned for a week previously which is 168 hours.
    They are very random with the bans. who knows how long they will ban you for

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 12:07 PM ----------

Lol, did see someone pointed this out on the general discussion forums (see 4:40 on)
    http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...13/chris-kluwe

"cesspools of humanity"

again I blame the mods more than the players IMO they tend to scare of most of the normal posters away that just want to discuses things, and let anyone that has a more pro blizzard opinion bash others to their hearts content. (it's one thing to keeping it civil but you have to try and moderate both sides of the argument evenly or end up with a mess.)
    Agreed. Any pro blizzard opinion can bash others and not be banned.

Deleted
    They are a for profit company
    Which is not the same as "greedy".

Person experience from my self and others
    Which falls well into the expected results from an email stating that you shouldn't expect an answer.

Asking someone to prove their augment is not
    So prove your argument.
    I didn't make an argument, I called you on yours.

Micro transactions on a sub based game. Seems greedy to me
    I have no problem with what it "seems" like to you.

Apples to oranges
    It's called a spectrum.
    And Blizzard is far from the troublesome end.

Micro transactions on a sub based game.
    Rare, often for charity, and ONLY vanity items. I have no problem with this in ANY game. But then, I don't even have a problem with pay2win games.

hypocrite much?
    I obviously don't see that, so you would have to do better than ask, and actually forumulate how you see it as such.

Proff? From others post and personal experience they don't
    They don't handle posts on an individual basis in your opinion? So you're saying here, that all posts are handled the same way? Or did you misunderstand?

Many of them got deleted while the other previous one was at post cap
    It's too easy to just make that claim.
    Here's what I saw: Countless new threads from people who simply wanted their own post on the matter, posting while the thread was active, and NOT following the simple rules for creating a follow-up thread.

You might not like the truth but that does not mean people are going to give up on it.
    You've already given up on it. You're not defending it with actual arguments. You're just being stubborn. And it was a stupid claim to begin with. An utter generalization.

Half ass moderation like I said
    Who does it better?

I seen that my self. The old forums were a lot better
    As were the people posting.
    Hardly a coincidence.

the forum community is the way it is because blizzard lets it be that way
    I agree. They are far too lenient.
    Like I said early on: I would swing the ban hammer a lot more.

Watch out now. He seems to think he knows how blizzard works
    I assume they work how they say they work, and see very little to contradict that.
    They do indeed provide different strikes for different transgressions against the same rule. As they said they would.

They are very random with the bans. who knows how long they will ban you for
    Based on the rules, and human mods, I would expect a certain amount of seemingly randomness amidst mostly logical reasons.
    And that is indeed what I see.
    "Very" random? Not so much. Just what you'd expect. Same as this site, and most others.

Agreed. Any pro blizzard opinion can bash others and not be banned.
    And as I have shown, the same can be true for a Blizzard critical opinion. Which you claimed was impossible.
    Your initial assumption was flawed. It was biased. And I find your every post to continue said bias.

You don't see me preaching that Blizzard is perfect. I try a more balanced approach, and I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong. Blizzard's human, they make stupid mistakes (Cata - ring a bell? And D3 - hellooo?), their CSR's are human, they make mistakes, and that's totally expected. And yes, they try to find ways to make money, but they've been very open and steadfast about not going overboard in game-altering microtransactions. Sure, we get a stupid pony from time to time, but it's completely without impact on your raiding proficiency, your chance of getting a World First!-achievement, or your PvP rankings.

Frankly, your arguments have been way off, and that is the only reason I've been arguing against you. It's not to paint a perfect picture of Blizzard, it's to point out the flaws in your propaganda piece. We could easily find a common ground and agree to criticise Blizzard on several points, but not as long as you attack them on points that they don't deserve to be attacked on, that you base solely on anecdotal evidence and assumptions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    There are a lot of threads open with criticism.
    The biggest advise I can give is this: Behave and you will stay unbanned.

And behaving doesn't mean that you'll have to be the nicest guy in the room, just don't break any damn rules.
    There are a lot more threads locked and deleted with criticism

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 04:00 PM ----------

Which is not the same as "greedy".
    They are pretty greedy tho.

Which falls well into the expected results from an email stating that you shouldn't expect an answer.
    When you appeal something they should answer

So prove your argument.
    I didn't make an argument, I called you on yours.
    As said before from personal experience and other having the same personal experience. You made a wild claim and have not been able to prove anything or disprove my argument. but this is never going to go anywhere. So keep replaying and I will do the same.

I have no problem with what it "seems" like to you.
    What you think =/= what everyone else thinks

It's called a spectrum.
    And Blizzard is far from the troublesome end.
    As said before Apples to oranges

Rare, often for charity, and ONLY vanity items. I have no problem with this in ANY game. But then, I don't even have a problem with pay2win games.
    charity vanity item give them tax breaks, but Mounts, pets, Faction changes, name changes, transfers, guild transfers, guild name changes etc. are all mico transactions.

I obviously don't see that, so you would have to do better than ask, and actually forumulate how you see it as such.
    Figure it out. you seem to know it all

They don't handle posts on an individual basis in your opinion? So you're saying here, that all posts are handled the same way? Or did you misunderstand?
    I read your post there.

It's too easy to just make that claim.
    Does not make it less true.

Here's what I saw: Countless new threads from people who simply wanted their own post on the matter, posting while the thread was active, and NOT following the simple rules for creating a follow-up thread.
    Option

You've already given up on it.
    No

You're not defending it with actual arguments. You're just being stubborn.
    Someone else is being a stubborn fanboy refusing to listen to any logic.

And it was a stupid claim to begin with. An utter generalization.
    Option again. I personalty find the blind fanboing you have been doing pretty annoying

Who does it better?
    MMO champ has better moderation

As were the people posting.
    Hardly a coincidence.
    Well they did lift all bans but its mostly the same people.

I agree. They are far too lenient.
    Like I said early on: I would swing the ban hammer a lot more.
    Well they should also enforce the rules equally. Not let pro blizzard people break the rules and that's ok.

I assume they work how they say they work, and see very little to contradict that.
    They do indeed provide different strikes for different transgressions against the same rule. As they said they would.
    it is a matter of option really.

Based on the rules, and human mods, I would expect a certain amount of seemingly randomness amidst mostly logical reasons.
    And that is indeed what I see.
    "Very" random? Not so much. Just what you'd expect. Same as this site, and most others.
    Human error really is not a excuse for it. MMO champ has human mods and I have not seen any issues here.

or is MoanaLisa really a Draenei :O

And as I have shown, the same can be true for a Blizzard critical opinion. Which you claimed was impossible.
    Where?

Your initial assumption was flawed. It was biased. And I find your every post to continue said bias.
    Option again

You don't see me preaching that Blizzard is perfect. I try a more balanced approach, and I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong. Blizzard's human, they make stupid mistakes (Cata - ring a bell? And D3 - hellooo?), their CSR's are human, they make mistakes, and that's totally expected. And yes, they try to find ways to make money, but they've been very open and steadfast about not going overboard in game-altering microtransactions. Sure, we get a stupid pony from time to time, but it's completely without impact on your raiding proficiency, your chance of getting a World First!-achievement, or your PvP rankings.
    Faction changes and server transfers do help chance of getting a World First!-achievement, or your PvP rankings. Look how many top guilds went horde look how many pvpers fc human. Blizzard is not human but a company.

Frankly, your arguments have been way off, and that is the only reason I've been arguing against you. It's not to paint a perfect picture of Blizzard,
    Sure seemed that way

it's to point out the flaws in your propaganda piece.
    "Propaganda is a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position by presenting only one side of an argument. " Options do not equal Propaganda

We could easily find a common ground and agree to criticise Blizzard on several points, but not as long as you attack them on points that they don't deserve to be attacked on, that you base solely on anecdotal evidence and assumptions.
    Option again

But not due to the criticism, but due to the trolling and rule-breaking.

And please, can we quit those multi-quotes?
    It's almost 3 full pages on my 1920x1080 and it's mostly some fighting over and over.
    Focus on the real and important parts and try to make it shorter..
    PLEAAAAAAASE!
    from just my personal experience they are very bias on who they decide broke the rules and who's didn't and what the punishment is.

10+ Year Old Account
    But not due to the criticism, but due to the trolling and rule-breaking.

And please, can we quit those multi-quotes?
    It's almost 3 full pages on my 1920x1080 and it's mostly some fighting over and over.
    Focus on the real and important parts and try to make it shorter..
    PLEAAAAAAASE!

They are pretty on who they decide broke the rules.

As for the multi-quotes I will try to keep it shorter just for you <3

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 06:38 PM ----------

from just my personal experience they are very bias on who they decide broke the rules and who's didn't and what the punishment is.

Agreed. Intend of deleting the threads for people trolling it. they should ban the people trolling. Also they should enforce their rules across the board

Ofcourse they are, that's because you work with people instead of robots.
    But they won't delete threads that didn't break any rules.

I've seen them removing constructive and good critical threads, but those had pages full of attacks and harassment.
    Sometimes it's just better to delete the entire thread instead of only banning 20 people.
    why? if those people are Harassing other paying customers?

**is that the forums blizzard wants you can shut anyone up just by enough trolling?

Sadly that is how fora work if you just have enough people.
    Even in here threads get locked because people derail it and troll to the point where it's almost impossible to continue with the original intent.
    That's because most people only care to read the first and last page.
    Think that speaks more for the moderation being done than that of the posters that are there, they figure if they know they can get away with it why not.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2013-01-12 at 03:19 AM.