Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    Are you the person continuously bringing up your deleted threads in general? The person who doesn't understand why they keep getting deleted when there are other threads about similar things you got banned for? If so discussing your ban and bringing up banned threads is against the ToS you agreed to.
    nope first time I ever even mentioned a deleted thread. (and never started any threads on general ever). I posted in this thread what I had said.

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    The WoW forums ban all the moderately harsh posts, while leaving tens of useless unrelated threads up and going. It really pisses me off.

Mate, if the blizzard mods banned every person when they posted something not constructive, the forums would have roughly no people left. Its a fucking cesspool.
    That is not true at all. I put up a fairly harsh criticism of then new raid id system put in place for Cata. It garnered a lot of responses and a good discussion with some blues as well. The posts that get deleted are the ones that violate rules. Yes usually they are negative and offer no discussion points. The useless fluffy ones do not break rues and therefore allowed to stay. And I totally agree about it being a cesspool.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 08:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Wow forums have been useless shit for years. I remember during the DIII disaster launch where 88% of the playerbase couldn't log in for 48 hours, i replied to a 1 day old blue post saying "gg blizz" - that got me a 6 months ban. Prior to that i had only gotten 1 ban before, for using rude language (i said "fucking retarded" about a bug) that got me 48h ban.

Justified? I think not. Blizzard forums can fucking burn.
    Very doubtful. Forum bans do not escalate that fast. If you got a 6 month ban then you regularly break forum rules and have been banned many times in the past. You know it, I know it, and the rest of us knows it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 08:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    nope first time I ever even mentioned a deleted thread. (and never started any threads on general ever). I posted in this thread what I had said.
    Just checking since there is a poster posting about her deleted threads and all her newest bans over posting those threads.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    The blizzard mods ban for almost anything.
    They don't ban for enough in my opinion.

You kids be happy I don't run those forums!

If I can get infractions on these forums for my signature being built exactly to specifications, yet somehow it's larger than the exact specifications, then you can get banned on WoW's forums for discussing shit they said not to. End of story. Why does this have 10 pages?

Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    They don't ban for enough in my opinion.

You kids be happy I don't run those forums!
    Only problem with that is, you're been sending people to outside forums where you'd have no say in the conversations at all. (you'd think it would be better to have people discussing you're product where you have some control over the conversation and not scare them to outside sites where potential customers would be seeing it.)

In their case now it's not a heavy handed moderation it's just way to random.

Deleted
    Only problem with that is, you're been sending people to outside forums where you'd have no say in the conversations at all. (you'd think it would be better to have people discussing you're product where you have some control over the conversation and not scare them to outside sites where potential customers would be seeing it.)

In their case now it's not a heavy handed moderation it's just way to random.
    If you see something that should be moderated, and hasn't been, just report it.

Meh.

I'd split the general forum into a heavily policed general forum, and a free forum with no policing (beyond the legally necessary) and absolutely no interaction with blues.
    Forum users would then have to post a constructive and open-minded thread in one of the moderated forums, and could then, if they wanted to, go post in the free forum with a link to their "real" post, and whine and cry about how Blizzard makes them post in a constructive and civilized manner in order to get any response.

Geez. Way to teach the kids how the real world works!

I just don't see how the kids can't get that through their thick skulls.
    But then, they also don't get that 80% of their emotions are actually redundant and utter exaggeration due to hormones, they have nothing to do with the issue itself.
    Expressing your emotions is fine (notice how much response that can give you?), letting them taint your post is what reveals your true age.

After 8 years of trolling the forums, I got my first ban last November. It too lasted 72 hours and they deleted a bunch of my threads. I had what I'd assume are the normal reactions - first anger, then mild amusement. It accomplished the goal they wanted - I've been less caustic on the forums since then.

I got myself banned from the wow forums twice for just being generally stupid and the last time my friend went onto the forums while my account was logged in and thought it would be funny to try and get me banned... now I'm perma banned. /wrist

10+ Year Old Account
    The blizzard mods ban for almost anything.
    Yes, yes they do.

The following got me perma banned:

Posted that in response to some troll complaining about MoP and "Kung fu pandas" and suddenly BAM! Permabanned for "obscene language."

Because I suppose dick means penis, even in this context? Whatever Blizz, your forums are a cesspool of whiners anyways.

I had one previous infraction before that, just one.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2013-01-04 at 04:29 PM.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Because I suppose dick means penis, even in this context?
    And what, pray tell, did you imagine it meant?!

It would also get you in trouble on this forum, if you posted it as a reply, even when ignoring the language...

I had one previous infraction before that, just one.
    More than enough. You didn't learn the lesson from that one, so why bother giving you another?

10+ Year Old Account
    And what, pray tell, did you imagine it meant?!

More than enough. You didn't learn the lesson from that one, so why bother giving you another.
    It's okay to not like things, but don't be a penis about it?

The fuck does that mean?
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    It's okay to not like things, but don't be a penis about it?

The fuck does that mean?
    Why assume there's any meaning to it? This IS the internet...
    Besides, the foul language clause rarely allows "bad" words a dispensation if they're used in a certain context.
    Not on the Blizz forums, not many other places either.

But just for the giggles: What, pray tell, did you imagine it meant?

Yep, seems the mods also will even ban accounts that are also frozen from cancellation. 5 days after the account expired from my cancellation, a friend notified me that suddenly, every single one of my posts were gone. So curious, I went and looked and found this:

Probably the stupidest ban I have ever seen for saying they are deleting any feedback threads on CRZ. Didn't name any. Just stated that any feedback threads would be deleted. Kind of funny because my account had expired 2 days after that post, and they banned the account 5 days later when it was already frozen. Real genius right there.

Far as I am concerned, Blizzard had lost me as a customer when I canceled, and reaffirmed my decision to not return after I had already left!

Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    Yep, seems the mods also will even ban accounts that are also frozen from cancellation. 5 days after the account expired from my cancellation, a friend notified me that suddenly, every single one of my posts were gone. So curious, I went and looked and found this:

Probably the stupidest ban I have ever seen for saying they are deleting any feedback threads on CRZ. Didn't name any. Just stated that any feedback threads would be deleted. Kind of funny because my account had expired 2 days after that post, and they banned the account 5 days later when it was already frozen. Real genius right there.

Far as I am concerned, Blizzard had lost me as a customer when I canceled, and reaffirmed my decision to not return after I had already left!
    Pretty much the same thing they got me on, would not be so bad but I've noticed one poster that's broke the same rule 3 times so far and the mods just deleted the posts that were reported, but none of his others and he's still posting. **(he's just on the Blizzard side of the argument so it seems he's allowed to break the rules repeatedly.)
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2013-01-05 at 04:05 AM.

Pretty much the same thing they got me on, would not be so bad but I've noticed one poster that's broke the same rule 3 times so far and the mods just deleted the posts that were reported, but none of his others and he's still posting. **(he's just on the Blizzard side of the argument so it seems he's allowed to break the rules repeatedly.)
    Yep pretty much. I was outspoken about blizzard's bad behavior towards their community, how they went from "It will be released when it is done" to "We released it, now just deal with the bugs we can't fix". So basically unless you are posting in favor of Blizzard and sprinkling flowers and sunshine on everything they do, they will be looking for reasons to dish out a ban, even if you are a canceled account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep pretty much. I was outspoken about blizzard's bad behavior towards their community, how they went from "It will be released when it is done" to "We released it, now just deal with the bugs we can't fix". So basically unless you are posting in favor of Blizzard and sprinkling flowers and sunshine on everything they do, they will be looking for reasons to dish out a ban, even if you are a canceled account.
    I noticed the same thing. If you dare to say anything bad about blizzard or question them the zealot fanboys will rush at you with pitchforks and fire. The mods on the wow forums will ban you

I noticed the same thing. If you dare to say anything bad about blizzard or question them the zealot fanboys will rush at you with pitchforks and fire. The mods on the wow forums will ban you
    Here's the thing. If you're too wrapped up in a game that you can't contain your control freak behavior and constant whining, and realizing you can just stop playing something you don't like, guess what? You're a fanboy of that game. See, the option of not playing isn't a viable option. That's why people end up raging about the same shit. Because they can't stop playing. So when they aren't listened to, they feel helpless, and then comes the 2000 threads about the same thing. If you're that big of a fanboy of a game that you can't just quit when something bothers you that much in a game, then it's time to realize that maybe it's you. Not them. And I feel this way about anything. Real life or in games. Even things I don't even care about. There is a huge difference between constructive crit, and being a whining control freak. The latter isn't about trying to improve a product. It's about winning some battle in your mind. Because as we've seen time and again, the people that complain about shit all of the time always find something else to whine about when the initial issue they whined about is solved. Gaming companies can't fix players mental instabilities.

But if I were a gaming company and I wanted a healthier community, I would put posting restrictions on people. 5 posts a day you can make, 2 threads a week you can start. That would keep all of the people just using forums as psychotherapy subdued, and the attention on real issues without bloat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh right...because haters never stand around and circle jerk and reach for the pitchforks and torches.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Deleted
    You seem to be confusing Blizzard, the company, with their community team. It's two different entities.

If you disagree with the actions of a community manager or forum moderator, they value your feedback at wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com.
    If it's specific to a certain post, they also encourage you to contact them through wowreportedpost@blizzard.com.

And again: There are different ways to post about your opinions. All posts are not created equally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Here's the thing. If you're too wrapped up in a game that you can't contain your control freak behavior and constant whining, and realizing you can just stop playing something you don't like, guess what?
    Criticism is not whining. Also I quit wow a while ago.

You're a fanboy of that game. See, the option of not playing isn't a viable option. That's why people end up raging about the same shit. Because they can't stop playing. So when they aren't listened to, they feel helpless, and then comes the 2000 threads about the same thing. If you're that big of a fanboy of a game that you can't just quit when something bothers you that much in a game, then it's time to realize that maybe it's you. Not them. And I feel this way about anything. Real life or in games. Even things I don't even care about. There is a huge difference between constructive crit, and being a whining control freak. The latter isn't about trying to improve a product. It's about winning some battle in your mind. Because as we've seen time and again, the people that complain about shit all of the time always find something else to whine about when the initial issue they whined about is solved. Gaming companies can't fix players mental instabilities.
    I agree with you. They also cant fix people with mental instabilities to worship a gaming company and the same people that get so emotional when someone says something bad about the gaming company or game.

But if I were a gaming company and I wanted a healthier community, I would put posting restrictions on people. 5 posts a day you can make, 2 threads a week you can start. That would keep all of the people just using forums as psychotherapy subdued, and the attention on real issues without bloat.
    If the gaming company a healthier community we would see allot more forum bans and a shit ton of in game bans. They would have to discipline the bad behavior.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 10:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Oh right...because haters never stand around and circle jerk and reach for the pitchforks and torches.
    For every 1 "hater" on the wow forums there is a legion of "fanboys"

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 11:00 PM ----------

You seem to be confusing Blizzard, the company, with their community team. It's two different entities.

If you disagree with the actions of a community manager or forum moderator, they value your feedback at wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com.
    I personalty think that mailbox is File 13

If it's specific to a certain post, they also encourage you to contact them through wowreportedpost@blizzard.com.
    Most of the time they respond with a temple email or do not answer

And again: There are different ways to post about your opinions. All posts are not created equally.
    You are not allowed to post your opinion if its criticism towards blizzard on the official forums.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 11:05 PM ----------

Oh and don't expect a blue replay to anything but a Silly Thread
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-01-05 at 07:03 AM.