Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    You are not allowed to post your opinion if its criticism towards blizzard on the official forums
    You only need to go there and visit their General Discussion forums or any of the role forums to see how blatantly mistaken this is. Why people post stuff like this is a mystery since it is so easily proven wrong.

Seriously, go there three days in a row and take a look at the front page of any of those forums. There are plenty of threads critical of the game and how Blizzard handles it.

If one can manage to make a critical post that doesn't contain any masked language, doesn't call anyone out especially, isn't the subject of an already running thread and has at least a modicum of thought behind it, you will neither be banned nor will you suffer any consequences at all. Nor will the thread or post necessarily be deleted.

Christ, look how many thousands of posts were made about CRZ critical of it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    I personalty think that mailbox is File 13
    Here. Have a tinfoil hat.

Most of the time they respond with a temple email or do not answer
    And?

You are not allowed to post your opinion if its criticism towards blizzard on the official forums.
    Meanwhile, in reality:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...oing-our-best/
    Just look at all that blue response he got...

Oh and don't expect a blue replay to anything but a Silly Thread
    See above.

Now, what you are really talking about, when you say "being critical towards Blizzard", is insulting and raging. Like these posts:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...all-so-stupid/
    Right? If not, post an example to a reasonable, but critical post, that got shut down.
    Don't just make false claims.

Oh, and "what MoanaLisa said".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    Here. Have a tinfoil hat.
    Here have some Chap stick

And?

Its useless

Meanwhile, in reality:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...oing-our-best/
    Just look at all that blue response he got...
    Us Forums =/= Eu forums

See above.
    Us Forums =/= Eu forums

Now, what you are really talking about, when you say "being critical towards Blizzard", is insulting and raging. Like these posts:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...all-so-stupid/
    Right? If not, post an example to a reasonable, but critical post, that got shut down.
    Don't just make false claims.

Stop making assumptions. I realize blizzard is perfect to you and the rest of the fan boys.

Oh, and "what MoanaLisa said".
    and as I said Us Forums =/= Eu forums

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 03:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    You only need to go there and visit their General Discussion forums or any of the role forums to see how blatantly mistaken this is. Why people post stuff like this is a mystery since it is so easily proven wrong.
    It really depends I was referring to the us forums.

Seriously, go there three days in a row and take a look at the front page of any of those forums. There are plenty of threads critical of the game and how Blizzard handles it.
    Just looked. Silly threads, X is not op, rate that x mog, etc

If one can manage to make a critical post that doesn't contain any masked language, doesn't call anyone out especially, isn't the subject of an already running thread and has at least a modicum of thought behind it, you will neither be banned nor will you suffer any consequences at all. Nor will the thread or post necessarily be deleted.
    Than its trolled by the legion of blizzard fanboys and is locked or deleted

Christ, look how many thousands of posts were made about CRZ critical of it.

many of the CRZ threads on the us were locked and deleted there
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-01-05 at 11:12 PM.

I have to admit I think those blizzard feedback E-mail links end up in Null void.

Deleted
    Here have some Chap stick
    Based on what?

Its useless
    Why?

Us Forums =/= Eu forums
    That is a true statement, of course. I just hope you didn't intend it to imply what I think you meant it to imply. You're only setting yourself up to be proven wrong one more time.

Stop making assumptions. I realize blizzard is perfect to you and the rest of the fan boys.
    I formed my assumption in the phrase of a question, AND provided you with a way to prove me wrong. I see that you didn't formulate it as a question. AND that you didn't want to prove me wrong.
    As for the second part: You're wrong. And I can't believe people still believe such devoted fanboys even exist, in this post-cataclysm era... Get with reality please! EVERYONE knows that Blizzard isn't perfect! Duh! You're coming across like a blind conspiracy theorist. If you ignore everything else I write, at least admit the stupidity of THIS single point!

It really depends I was referring to the us forums.
    Based on how many times you've had to make that clarification, it might be an idea to specify this distinction in the future.

Than its trolled by the legion of blizzard fanboys and is locked or deleted
    And I quote: "Stop making assumptions."

many of the CRZ threads on the us were locked and deleted there
    Because they violated the forum rules. Some 99% of them for the same reason: Creating a new thread when one already existed. Easy rule to avoid breaking on SUCH a popular topic... The thread was always right there on the first page, for crying out loud!

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 04:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    I have to admit I think those blizzard feedback E-mail links end up in Null void.
    I'm running out of tinfoil for you people's hats.
    Last edited by mmoc7805351bd4; 2013-01-07 at 03:21 PM.

All I can do it call it like I see it.

I contested a Ban once, purely because the thing I got banned for, an MVP had posted something almost identical afterwards and nothing was done to them. Got it revoked, like a baws.
    RETH

nothing great either, was a post on page 16 on another thread that 6 other threads I were following were deleted?

Mods over there going a bit loco?

*didn't even get in any name calling or rage just got it because I said I was posting on thread moderation under the section of Ban Type:
    "other"
    Don't sweat it.

If they can force whatever you said into some mold of bannable offenses then they will, even if it's not bannable at all and at the same time breaking there own rules themselves at times.

I wouldn't give it a second thought.
    Last edited by quras; 2013-01-07 at 06:48 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    Yep, seems the mods also will even ban accounts that are also frozen from cancellation. 5 days after the account expired from my cancellation, a friend notified me that suddenly, every single one of my posts were gone. So curious, I went and looked and found this:

SNIP

Probably the stupidest ban I have ever seen for saying they are deleting any feedback threads on CRZ. Didn't name any. Just stated that any feedback threads would be deleted. Kind of funny because my account had expired 2 days after that post, and they banned the account 5 days later when it was already frozen. Real genius right there.

Far as I am concerned, Blizzard had lost me as a customer when I canceled, and reaffirmed my decision to not return after I had already left!
    I would really doubt the forum mods can see your sub status. Even if they can your post still broke the rules. So I guess I don't see the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on what?
    The amount of blizzard asskissing?

Why?
    blizzard feedback E-mail links end up in Null void.

That is a true statement, of course. I just hope you didn't intend it to imply what I think you meant it to imply. You're only setting yourself up to be proven wrong one more time.
    assumptions

I formed my assumption in the phrase of a question, AND provided you with a way to prove me wrong. I see that you didn't formulate it as a question. AND that you didn't want to prove me wrong.
    what ever helps you sleep at night

As for the second part: You're wrong. And I can't believe people still believe such devoted fanboys even exist, in this post-cataclysm era... Get with reality please! EVERYONE knows that Blizzard isn't perfect! Duh! You're coming across like a blind conspiracy theorist. If you ignore everything else I write, at least admit the stupidity of THIS single point!
    your post come off as a devoted fanboy. these are not the official forums if your nose turns brown here your text do not turn green

Based on how many times you've had to make that clarification, it might be an idea to specify this distinction in the future.
    Sure

And I quote: "Stop making assumptions."
    Not a assumption go look at the official forums some time

Because they violated the forum rules. Some 99% of them for the same reason: Creating a new thread when one already existed. Easy rule to avoid breaking on SUCH a popular topic... The thread was always right there on the first page, for crying out loud!
    Thread Limits and Continuation Thread Rules: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2191101521

Do your lips ever get sore?

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 10:11 AM ----------

All I can do it call it like I see it.
    You can not reason with fanboys

10+ Year Old Account
    You can not reason with fanboys
    Those who generally jump to the 'fanboys' card at the first opportunity are not known for being reasonable either. There's plenty enough of this on both sides of the argument.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Those who generally jump to the 'fanboys' card at the first opportunity are not known for being reasonable either. There's plenty enough of this on both sides of the argument.

The same could be said about those who use the tinfoil hat augment or calls people blind conspiracy theorist. I use 'fanboys' card on people who kiss the ass of blizzard non stop and refuse to say anyone else has a valid argument.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    I would really doubt the forum mods can see your sub status. Even if they can your post still broke the rules. So I guess I don't see the issue.
    Not really. To me, saying "They deleted <specific> thread" is a rule violation. Saying they are deleting any feedback threads about a topic so heavily hated, is a broad statement many have used throughout the forums without any bans. Heck I've used the term before on other threads. Heck that would be like banning someone saying "Oh yeah they are deleting threads that are outright spam".

I didn't post that topic, I had replied to it. And believe me, I am pretty positive they can see a persons subscription status. If they can see our account name, and such, they certainly could see our subscription status. There's enforcing the rules, which I can see them handing a ban out to someone saying "Why was my x thread deleted", but it's a completely different ballgame banning someone for making a broad statement that they are removing any and all threads pertaining to certain subjects. They stepped from being moderators trying to keep the peace, to silencing people that speak out on their bullish behavior.

Also should be noted, I was given a forum ban one other time, and it never effected my other postings on that forum. They now use the bans to clear any and all posts that speak negatively about Blizzard. This is evident as the ones that have been banned since the CRZ fiasco, were the ones who's posting history conveniantly gets wiped. In the meantime, obvious trolling and spam threads that serve 0 purpose other than to take up space on the forums such as sha of happiness, and such, not only are allowed to remain, but get the moderators posting in them as well.

So excuse me if I think general discussions forum, which says it is a forum dedicated to the discussion of world of warcraft, should be a center for discussing as a community, the good, the bad, and the really terrible parts of World of Warcraft, without fear of being censored. But either way, the ban they gave my frozen account was still the most pointless ban in the history of Blizzard. I posted numerious times in several CRZ threads, that my account was canceled and when my last day was. Think about that. Account canceled, last day to post on that forum was the 15th. They waited till the 20th to go back and ban the account. 5 days of no posting on their forum. 8 days total since the post in question. Seems to me, if my post was such a violation, it would of been dealt with the day it was made. Instead, they waited till the account was frozen, and used the ban to wipe out the entire posting history, including the posts comparing them to SWG's developers. I don't find that a coincidence.

But no biggy for me. I am in SWTOR now. It's a much better game, with a much better company. Blizzard has gone down the tubes since CRZ was introduced in the beta. A company that once had the slogan "It will be released when it is ready" has now gone to "We are releasing it, we don't care if it breaks stuff, we will do work-a-rounds to make it work, and some features will always be broke, so deal with it". Thankfully, I managed to deny Blizzard another $14.99 sub fee, by detering my nephew from restarting up his account. And another friend who was my recruit a friend, has also looked at the situation and has left the game for good as well.

I think what is the most telling was the day I canceled my account, the customer service agent over the phone guessed immediately it was because of CRZ. Seems they were getting a lot of cancellations, and he tried getting me to do an in game suggestion of why I was leaving before the account expired. This whole situation is an embarrassment to them. We know it, they know it. And this is why they are openly trying to silence people, even the ones who have already canceled.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if it matters whether or not they can see your sub status. If you can post there, you've got a sub at the time you made the post.

I think that's how it works there. There may be a few hours lag or something. But the way they have it set up, it's easier for everyone to assume that they're posting on a valid battle.net account that's subscribed to WoW. I don't know if you can post while your account is suspended for non-payment.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 05:11 PM ----------

The same could be said about those who use the tinfoil hat augment or calls people blind conspiracy theorist. I use 'fanboys' card on people who kiss the ass of blizzard non stop and refuse to say anyone else has a valid argument.
    Well, as I said, there's enough intransigence to go around. I will say that calling people names doesn't solve anything and pretty much negates any argument you might have that might have some validity though. It's a low thing and it's difficult to have any respect for it or the people that engage in it.

I've been perma banned 3 times. Got unbanned each time. How? Loopholes in the ToS.

Those that read it know how to use it to their advantage.
    Those that shun it fear it.

I don't know if it matters whether or not they can see your sub status. If you can post there, you've got a sub at the time you made the post.

I think that's how it works there. There may be a few hours lag or something. But the way they have it set up, it's easier for everyone to assume that they're posting on a valid battle.net account that's subscribed to WoW. I don't know if you can post while your account is suspended for non-payment.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 05:11 PM ----------

Well, as I said, there's enough intransigence to go around. I will say that calling people names doesn't solve anything and pretty much negates any argument you might have that might have some validity though. It's a low thing and it's difficult to have any respect for it or the people that engage in it.
    But like I said, they waited 5 days after the account was already frozen, aka, couldn't post or do anything on the forums at all once the account is frozen. So again, there's lag, and then there's purposely going back 7 days to find the 1 post out of many to use as a loophole to get rid of all the criticism against the company.

Deleted
    The amount of blizzard asskissing?
    On my part?
    Examples, please.

And remember, disagreeing with you is not the same as kissing Blizzards ass.

blizzard feedback E-mail links end up in Null void.
    Assumption.

what ever helps you sleep at night
    At this point I think it's safe to assume that you either cannot, or will not, give a single example of a post that is reasonable, yet got shut down on the official forums.

your post come off as a devoted fanboy. these are not the official forums if your nose turns brown here your text do not turn green
    To you, perhaps. Because I dare to disagree with you. Because I dare to question you. Because I dare to ask that you give examples and arguments.
    All you do is make assumptions, like where you assumed the only reason to agree with Blizzard is to become an MvP (just above this...). That alone says that your position is unbalanced, and that you are refusing to acknowledge that anyone disagreeing with you could possible have a point.

Not a assumption go look at the official forums some time
    I post and read there quite often, actually.
    There are indeed "Blizzard fanboys", but it is far from every constructive criticism that gets shut down due to trolling.
    The fact that it happens, is not enough of an argument to claim that it (even almost) always happens, which is basically what you are saying.
    And it is certainly not an argument for simply not bothering with constructive criticism. Which, I'm afraid, your position comes across as.

Thread Limits and Continuation Thread Rules: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2191101521
    I fail to see the relevance. That post is almost 2 years old, and no longer applies, as should be evident. There's even a 426 page thread on transmogs in the General section's very first page as of this writing.

What you really need is right here:

http://forums.battle.net/forum-coc.h...#_Toc127268912

And here:

http://forums.battle.net/forum-coc.html
    Last edited by mmoc7805351bd4; 2013-01-09 at 03:49 PM.

In the last couple of weeks I've seen examples where the blizzard moderators are extremely lenient with pro blizzards post (just recently seen where a poster broke the same rule more than once) and the only action on him was just those post deleted and he's still non stop posting, where as I've seen someone breaking the same level of rule (discussing forum moderation *and in my case was not even direct attack post just a off comment where as the other poster used it to attack other posters) get a 72 vacation and all their post deleted (I'm not the only one I know that's had that happen).

And this all should not break off into a fanboy\hater argument I like blizzard and their games (Ok not D3) but their forum moderation system and management needs some major work.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I got permanently banned from their forums 6 years ago. I was like 14.
    I don't even remember what I did...
    6 years, wouldn't have gotten wiped with the forum reset when they upgraded them a coupe years ago?
    (was it with wrath or Cata, ugh too long ago can't remember)
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2013-01-09 at 04:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I got permanently banned from their forums 6 years ago. I was like 14.
    I don't even remember what I did...
    Dadwen has a point. When the new forums came in at Blizzard along with Cataclysm, all bans were wiped. If you are still subscribed you should be able to post.