Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
LastLast
  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    The amount of blizzard asskissing?
    On my part?
    Examples, please.

    And remember, disagreeing with you is not the same as kissing Blizzards ass.

    blizzard feedback E-mail links end up in Null void.
    Assumption.

    what ever helps you sleep at night
    At this point I think it's safe to assume that you either cannot, or will not, give a single example of a post that is reasonable, yet got shut down on the official forums.

    your post come off as a devoted fanboy. these are not the official forums if your nose turns brown here your text do not turn green
    To you, perhaps. Because I dare to disagree with you. Because I dare to question you. Because I dare to ask that you give examples and arguments.
    All you do is make assumptions, like where you assumed the only reason to agree with Blizzard is to become an MvP (just above this...). That alone says that your position is unbalanced, and that you are refusing to acknowledge that anyone disagreeing with you could possible have a point.

    Not a assumption go look at the official forums some time
    I post and read there quite often, actually.
    There are indeed "Blizzard fanboys", but it is far from every constructive criticism that gets shut down due to trolling.
    The fact that it happens, is not enough of an argument to claim that it (even almost) always happens, which is basically what you are saying.
    And it is certainly not an argument for simply not bothering with constructive criticism. Which, I'm afraid, your position comes across as.

    Thread Limits and Continuation Thread Rules: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2191101521
    I fail to see the relevance. That post is almost 2 years old, and no longer applies, as should be evident. There's even a 426 page thread on transmogs in the General section's very first page as of this writing.

    What you really need is right here:


    http://forums.battle.net/forum-coc.h...#_Toc127268912

    And here:

    http://forums.battle.net/forum-coc.html
    Last edited by LazyJones; 2013-01-09 at 03:49 PM.
    If you chose rock as a weapon, in order to beat a pair of scissors, don't start whining when you get pwn'd by a piece of paper.

  2. #222
    In the last couple of weeks I've seen examples where the blizzard moderators are extremely lenient with pro blizzards post (just recently seen where a poster broke the same rule more than once) and the only action on him was just those post deleted and he's still non stop posting, where as I've seen someone breaking the same level of rule (discussing forum moderation *and in my case was not even direct attack post just a off comment where as the other poster used it to attack other posters) get a 72 vacation and all their post deleted (I'm not the only one I know that's had that happen).

    And this all should not break off into a fanboy\hater argument I like blizzard and their games (Ok not D3) but their forum moderation system and management needs some major work.

  3. #223
    I got permanently banned from their forums 6 years ago. I was like 14.
    I don't even remember what I did...

    Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I got permanently banned from their forums 6 years ago. I was like 14.
    I don't even remember what I did...
    6 years, wouldn't have gotten wiped with the forum reset when they upgraded them a coupe years ago?
    (was it with wrath or Cata, ugh too long ago can't remember)
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2013-01-09 at 04:02 PM.

  5. #225
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    9,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I got permanently banned from their forums 6 years ago. I was like 14.
    I don't even remember what I did...
    Dadwen has a point. When the new forums came in at Blizzard along with Cataclysm, all bans were wiped. If you are still subscribed you should be able to post.
    A bit of civility and respect for others opinions goes a long way toward getting any respect in return. Overly hostile, profane and insulting posts are a sign that people don't really have anything to say. Profanity is best served out in very small doses.

    "Forum drama exists because people enjoy creating it." - ML/2013

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    In the last couple of weeks I've seen examples where the blizzard moderators are extremely lenient with pro blizzards post (just recently seen where a poster broke the same rule more than once) and the only action on him was just those post deleted and he's still non stop posting, where as I've seen someone breaking the same level of rule (discussing forum moderation *and in my case was not even direct attack post just a off comment where as the other poster used it to attack other posters) get a 72 vacation and all their post deleted (I'm not the only one I know that's had that happen).

    And this all should not break off into a fanboy\hater argument I like blizzard and their games (Ok not D3) but their forum moderation system and management needs some major work.
    As in: Handled by machines instead of fallible human beings?

    My point: I don't think any moderation system will ever be without criticism from the moderated.
    And I know that I certainly couldn't treat different transgressions equally throughout a day of moderation work. It would depend upon my mood, what I had to eat, how much sleep I had, and many other factors. This is to be expected, even from "professionals". If you then disagree with the action, you simply have to use the proper channels to appeal it.
    If you chose rock as a weapon, in order to beat a pair of scissors, don't start whining when you get pwn'd by a piece of paper.

  7. #227
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    9,786
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    My point: I don't think any moderation system will ever be without criticism from the moderated.
    And I know that I certainly couldn't treat different transgressions equally throughout a day of moderation work. It would depend upon my mood, what I had to eat, how much sleep I had, and many other factors. This is to be expected, even from "professionals". If you then disagree with the action, you simply have to use the proper channels to appeal it.
    As a business proposition ROI on forum moderation is likely close to zero so it'll never get the sort of attention at Blizzard that it probably needs to be consistent and thorough. It's quite clear that they're understaffed to some degree as they provide little-to-no moderation overnight and weekends. That said, if posts go unreported it's highly unlikely that anything will ever be done with them and given the volume of posts that get reported over there that are essentially false positives it's not surprising that moderation is imperfect.

    Really, the same criticism shows up here too. It's an imperfect world full of judgement calls. Not everyone sees things the same way and it's ridiculous to assume that we read every post in GenD. That's why post reporting and an appeal process are important.

    I'm sure that Blizzard has their reasons ("Every voice matters") but I've personally never understood why they don't allow their MVP's to do more in the way of directing traffic on their forums, especially nights and weekends.

    Just my opinion though.
    A bit of civility and respect for others opinions goes a long way toward getting any respect in return. Overly hostile, profane and insulting posts are a sign that people don't really have anything to say. Profanity is best served out in very small doses.

    "Forum drama exists because people enjoy creating it." - ML/2013

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Dadwen has a point. When the new forums came in at Blizzard along with Cataclysm, all bans were wiped. If you are still subscribed you should be able to post.
    That is glorious news Thanks!

    Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.

  9. #229
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    9,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    That is glorious news Thanks!
    Happy to help. Thanks to Dadwen for reminding me that this happened.

    Now, just don't go and get yourself banned again
    A bit of civility and respect for others opinions goes a long way toward getting any respect in return. Overly hostile, profane and insulting posts are a sign that people don't really have anything to say. Profanity is best served out in very small doses.

    "Forum drama exists because people enjoy creating it." - ML/2013

  10. #230
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,840
    I just avoid the official Blizzard forums on principle now, seeing how much bullshit people are allowed to spew on those forums without getting banned...

    And especially the Diablo 3 forums. Seriously. Don't go there. It. Will. Ruin. Your. Life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychus View Post
    Back in my day, we walked uphill both ways, in the snow, barefoot. That made being in school all the better. Now you kids use these fancy automobiles and get there almost instantly. What's the point of school when you can just drive there?

  11. #231
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    On my part?
    Examples, please.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/search.p...rchid=48879786

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    And remember, disagreeing with you is not the same as kissing Blizzards ass.
    I am aware

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    Assumption.
    Do you have any proff it is not? Seems to be countless people like my self that has never heard a replay from them

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    At this point I think it's safe to assume that you either cannot, or will not, give a single example of a post that is reasonable, yet got shut down on the official forums.
    I got shut done? Really? My account is not perma banned there I could go post there if I still played that piece of shit game

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    To you, perhaps. Because I dare to disagree with you. Because I dare to question you. Because I dare to ask that you give examples and arguments.
    You do not just disagree you fanboy pretty hard. Your post history is not hidden here

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    All you do is make assumptions, like where you assumed the only reason to agree with Blizzard is to become an MvP (just above this...). That alone says that your position is unbalanced, and that you are refusing to acknowledge that anyone disagreeing with you could possible have a point.
    And all you do is call people conspiracy theorist who dare say something bad about bli$$ard or wow.

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    I post and read there quite often, actually.
    There are indeed "Blizzard fanboys", but it is far from every constructive criticism that gets shut down due to trolling.
    Proff?

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    The fact that it happens, is not enough of an argument to claim that it (even almost) always happens, which is basically what you are saying.
    As said before proff?

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    And it is certainly not an argument for simply not bothering with constructive criticism. Which, I'm afraid, your position comes across as.
    Once again opinion not fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    I fail to see the relevance. That post is almost 2 years old, and no longer applies, as should be evident. There's even a 426 page thread on transmogs in the General section's very first page as of this writing.
    As said before http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2191101521 sticky at the very top and listed in the forum rules

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    I know the forum rules and the my MONEY going to blizzard is a privilege not a right. To be honest the official forums is a steaming pile of shit. Hell they are totally useless the devs use twitter to talk to people and mmo champ has better forums.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 11:13 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I'm sure that Blizzard has their reasons ("Every voice matters") but I've personally never understood why they don't allow their MVP's to do more in the way of directing traffic on their forums, especially nights and weekends.

    Just my opinion though.
    Have you been to the us forums? some of the mvp's troll just as bad as the trolls.

  12. #232
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    9,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    And especially the Diablo 3 forums. Seriously. Don't go there. It. Will. Ruin. Your. Life.
    That's a lesson in what happens when you let things get away from you. Those have been terrible from day 1 of D3 and from what I can tell haven't really gotten any better. If you want to try and understand how Blizzard really feels about their forums, that's as good a place to look as any. It's not a pretty picture.
    A bit of civility and respect for others opinions goes a long way toward getting any respect in return. Overly hostile, profane and insulting posts are a sign that people don't really have anything to say. Profanity is best served out in very small doses.

    "Forum drama exists because people enjoy creating it." - ML/2013

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I'm sure that Blizzard has their reasons ("Every voice matters") but I've personally never understood why they don't allow their MVP's to do more in the way of directing traffic on their forums, especially nights and weekends.

    Just my opinion though.
    Maybe because they get paid for doing it.
    Allowing MVPs to moderate for free might get people higher up questioning why they need to pay for it.

    Personally I would go for self moderating forums based on the report button.
    Reported 20 times by different accounts automatic deletion.

    Self cleaning and no biased moderation.

  14. #234
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    9,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Have you been to the us forums? some of the mvp's troll just as bad as the trolls.
    People sometimes think that I troll pretty hard here too. It's all in the eye of the beholder. What someone thinks is a pretty well-reasoned opinion/argument is another person's "You're trolling me" post.

    Unpaid volunteers are going to step over the line once in a while and that's OK as long as there's a review process (There's a really good one here).

    All of that said, Blizzard could use the help nights and weekends at the very least even if it's little more than flagging a post and hiding it until someone else can have a look at it. Anyone that takes advantage of that sort of system sticks out pretty quickly.
    A bit of civility and respect for others opinions goes a long way toward getting any respect in return. Overly hostile, profane and insulting posts are a sign that people don't really have anything to say. Profanity is best served out in very small doses.

    "Forum drama exists because people enjoy creating it." - ML/2013

  15. #235
    Don't use blizzard forums. Its humiliating.

  16. #236
    Pft... only 72 hours?

    I've been banned for a week just for saying "don't be a twat".

  17. #237
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    9,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephismo View Post
    Personally I would go for self moderating forums based on the report button.
    Reported 20 times by different accounts automatic deletion.

    Self cleaning and no biased moderation.
    They have a down-voting process that buries posts. I don't know that a lot of people actually use it although I see it once in a while.

    It's impossible to know how Blizzard really view their forums internally but there are plenty of examples of better-moderated-by-volunteer forums around. It's probably something to do with the legalities of how they grant access to forums based on paid subscriptions. I won't even pretend to guess what they do but Blizzard General Discussion forums are generally pretty terrible. My sense is that U.S. is worse the EU but there's plenty of bad crap to go around. Of course, that brings up Sturgeon's Law: "90% of everything is crap" so maybe it's just the nature of the thing.
    A bit of civility and respect for others opinions goes a long way toward getting any respect in return. Overly hostile, profane and insulting posts are a sign that people don't really have anything to say. Profanity is best served out in very small doses.

    "Forum drama exists because people enjoy creating it." - ML/2013

  18. #238
    The Patient Ulmaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    210
    Blizzard forums is like the plague for me, the amount of derp..man.

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    I got shut done? Really? My account is not perma banned there I could go post there if I still played that piece of shit game.

    Have you been to the us forums? some of the mvp's troll just as bad as the trolls.
    For someone who claims the game is a "piece of shit", and who believes the MVPs to be trolling, you sure do put a lot of energy into arguing about WoW. I could understand the passion if you were still playing and upset about the state of things, but your heated opinion is about as valid on WoW as mine would be about SuperContra on NES. Why bother shouting at the rain when everyone just keeps opening umbrellas in your face?

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Funny. It's probably a case of incorrect link formatting, but the search results in: "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."
    So...

    Do you have any proff it is not? Seems to be countless people like my self that has never heard a replay from them
    I also have no proof that Santa Claus is not real.
    Don't ask me to prove a negative, it's not proper.
    If we're going to talk about evidence for or against, the burden of proof traditionally lies with the person making the claim.
    The person presenting the assumption.

    I got shut done? Really? My account is not perma banned there I could go post there if I still played that piece of shit game
    You sound more angry than rational.
    And my request was for "a post that got shut down despite being reasonal". I made no claim about your account or you getting "shut done".

    You do not just disagree you fanboy pretty hard. Your post history is not hidden here
    Again: Agreeing with Blizzard is not fanboying, anymore than disagreeing with them is hating them.

    And all you do is call people conspiracy theorist who dare say something bad about bli$$ard or wow.
    Wrong.
    I do tend to disagree with people when they use anecdotal evidence and rumors and assumptions in their arguments about how Blizzard (you can't even write out their name without throwing in a comment about how they're greedy?) will do anything for money, despite the fact that they don't...

    Proff?
    Proof that you don't always get shut down for being critical?

    EU:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...n-improvement/
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...etting-ruined/
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...people-hooked/

    Comment about EU vs US:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...vs-us-website/

    US:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ally-blizzard/
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-silly-thread/
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...count-bannedi/
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-verification/
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...thread-locked/

    Once again opinion not fact.
    Actually, "posting requirement". Not opionion. It's in the posting rules.


    As said before http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2191101521 sticky at the very top and listed in the forum rules
    And as said, that's a 2 year old post, that no longer seems relevant. The threads no longer cap at 26 pages, and this would not negate the rules about not creating duplicate threads on a subject anyway. I really don't understand what your point is with this link.
    Last edited by LazyJones; 2013-01-09 at 09:24 PM.
    If you chose rock as a weapon, in order to beat a pair of scissors, don't start whining when you get pwn'd by a piece of paper.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •