Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Your chest is itemized for tanks, your neck and shoulders don't have critical strike on them -- think about the shoulders from Un'sok and the neck from Garalon.

    Keep doing Sha every week for tier pants and gloves, your chest/legs aren't gemmed correctly, the socket bonus with Inscribed gems in the red sockets would net you a better DPS value.

    And get Xuen, it's behind 502 Lei Shen close to the 5.1 trinket if you aren't engineer.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"
    _________________________________________
    CPU: i5 2500k @3.3Ghz; GPU: MSi GTX560Ti Twin Frozr II
    RAM: 8GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance; MB: MSi Z68-G45 G3

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by runihura View Post
    OP, have you considered using PvP (483 ilvl gear)? It's has two stats (unlike past pieces) and there is normally something with crit on the piece. You can see my armory I am still using PvP pants due to shear amount of crit on them. I also used a ring and boots for a while. I do realize my gear is a bit higher ilvl, and I have just about crit on every piece and add to the fact I'm TG currently due to weapon drops.

    I know I was told/read to aim for at least 23% crit pre-buffs as TG and around 21% for SMF before buffs to be ideal. Another thing I know that helped me was using TellMeWhen to track when I was enraged and not to clip my enrages when using Berserker Rage.

    Runihura - US Stormreaver (wouldn't let me link b/c I am still new)
    Well, i have around 24% crit unbuffed in TG (Normal starshatter + LFR Shin'Ka) but from some dummy tests SMF is a bit higher.. I have no idea which would be best tbh...

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanthan View Post
    There is no magic crit% treshold. You don't need 15%, 20%, 21%, 23%, or any other arbitrary bullshit amount. You wear the best gear you can get, which will largely have crit on it, and your stats end up where they end up. You don't "shoot for" any specific amount. There is no special breakpoint. Every single expansion, there's idiots going on and on about magic numbers for one stat or another that simply don't exist.
    Unless I'm not understanding this correctly, that's not entirely true. With 20% crit, and a glyphed recklessness up, BT with have 50% crit, and as it's doubled, 100% crit, guaranteeing an Enrage proc every time. I assume that's why most people say to shoot for ~20% crit unbuffed before swapping to fury.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Unless I'm not understanding this correctly, that's not entirely true. With 20% crit, and a glyphed recklessness up, BT with have 50% crit, and as it's doubled, 100% crit, guaranteeing an Enrage proc every time. I assume that's why most people say to shoot for ~20% crit unbuffed before swapping to fury.
    Glyphed Reck is 30% afaik..

  5. #25
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripfull View Post
    Glyphed Reck is 30% afaik..
    Yes, and your point was? He was talking that when you have 20% base crit + 30% reck buff = 50% overall crit when recklessness is on, meaning BT will have double of that value = 100% crit chance.

    Although most people do want to align banner to be with recklessness. So it's not a very elegant solution to use the glyphed recklessness buff (afaik) with the banner. Although it would give more Raging Blows overall for the fight, but instead you get less needed demand burst inside the colossus window, what especially you don't want to miss. Maybe in the future with next tiers the glyphed reck will be more "viable solution" than it is now due to crit levels.

    Btw dunno about TG on overall. For me it seems to be really less appealing than Arms due the bursty nature, so it's really hard or next to impossible to maximise TG on most of the fights, meaning you won't net more damage than just playing Arms correctly - unless it's a fight when you can just stand and do damage and you really have the BiS gear. SMF is again very strong and all the parses on Wol seem to be done on SMF no? Not saying TG is worse than Arms because it's not, but the real and simmed values seem to be closer to eachother when a player is on the wheel doing the rotation.

    Tanks on my raid group love the one handers, so haven't got any real experience on playing SMF myself. It's like total of 2 of them have dropped since the raids were opened.
    Last edited by Kankipappa; 2012-12-28 at 11:47 AM.

  6. #26
    Mechagnome esoterickk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    543
    A lot of pieces are lacking pure crit on them, hence low rating. Just because they have higher iLvl doesn't mean they're good (hell, better itemized Blues will beat your legs and chest). Also despite Coren's having high crit, it's a terrible terrible trinket (shocking ICD/uptime) - definitely replace it with Relic of Xuen.

    Not to mention no item upgrades (particularly on Carbuncle when it's only JP...), the only one you have is on an RF weapon.

    A lot of BoE's could be used to replace gear with better pieces (Gloves, Darkmoon Trinket, Chest).

    Sorry, but overall it isn't a matter of poor crit rating (21% is fine unbuffed for fury), just some bad gearing choices and there's a lot better alternatives.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Unless I'm not understanding this correctly, that's not entirely true. With 20% crit, and a glyphed recklessness up, BT with have 50% crit, and as it's doubled, 100% crit, guaranteeing an Enrage proc every time. I assume that's why most people say to shoot for ~20% crit unbuffed before swapping to fury.
    Glyphing recklessness is a dps loss, and you're not accounting for the 5% crit buff. So no, that's not why people say 20%. People say 20% because it's a nice round number and it's fairly easily attaignable with properly itemized gear.

  8. #28
    Well i always was under the assumption tha recklessness glyph will beat unglyphed recklessness at some point. 20% seemed a good value because of 100% bt crit but i guess with the critloss vs higher lvl enemies the number is higher. the question is: how much crit will i need to make the glyph worthy?

  9. #29
    BT is not the only skill that benefits from reck so I don't know why people base the numbers only on the chances of a BT crit.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    BT is not the only skill that benefits from reck so I don't know why people base the numbers only on the chances of a BT crit.
    BT crits = Raging blows..
    BT has double ur crit chance (20% crit = 40% chance for BT to crit)

  11. #31
    Mechagnome esoterickk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripfull View Post
    BT crits = Raging blows..
    BT has double ur crit chance (20% crit = 40% chance for BT to crit)
    Not the only skill. Only being the keyword.

    The main factor for not glyphing reck is due to higher chance to Crit on abilities within the CS window (especially through Execute range). When you have a lower crit chance in the CS window, it means you have less chance for your abilities to crit within here, meaning lower damage overall.

    But people assume the only contributing factor from crit is for BT to get RB's only, which is wrong, it's all about the abilities used within the CS.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •