Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Immortal Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    7,810
    Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    im find it a bit strange that they left and reformed a raiding team thats pretty much the same except a few dps that only raid a few days less.
    would have seemed more logical too mention this in guild and have it turn into a 3 night raiding guild instead,

    (but hey people do weird unexpected stuff)

    i probally would have left and join the new guild if i really liked raiding with those guys, though i would have placed some serious questions why they did it like this.
    Very simple: Going with your core team / chosen members and creating a new guild is the easiest way of getting rid of unwanted players.
    Seen this happen lots of times on my old realm. Sucks to be one of those that's left behind.

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    im find it a bit strange that they left and reformed a raiding team thats pretty much the same except a few dps that only raid a few days less. would have seemed more logical too mention this in guild and have it turn into a 3 night raiding guild instead
    There's one logical reason they might have done so... Those "few dps" (which apperently includes the old GM) who havn't been invited to the new guild are the real reason the others left.
    Last edited by openair; 2012-12-27 at 03:35 PM.

  3. #23
    Pandaren Monk twistedsista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    the west country
    Posts
    1,781
    i understand your reasons for wanting to stay with your guild mate, but i think if i was in your position i would move to the new guild. you have good progress on your toon & to have to start from scratch again wouldnt be any fun.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Very simple: Going with your core team / chosen members and creating a new guild is the easiest way of getting rid of unwanted players.
    Seen this happen lots of times on my old realm. Sucks to be one of those that's left behind.
    You really think this is easy? How long did these new guilds (usually) exist? Or did they run into issues aswell? (expected)

    You should only make a new guild if there is new leadership = leaving the old ones behind. If the leadership/management of the current guild doesn't want to kick their own players (to get rid of the bad seeds or whatever) - to avoid a confrontation = bad leadership/management. You don't want to join such a guild either.

    Picking a guild from my PoV isn't something that you should do lightly. You'll end up in kiddy guilds or guilds ran by a tiran. Or perhaps even too casual/hardcore for your taste. But I must agree that in this sort of situation it becomes more like a leap of faith (especially due to knowing everyone that concerns it).

  5. #25
    I wouldnt like to raid with that liar tank guy. but I understand you if you have no other options. I'ts practicly impossible to get back to your current progression with only 3 core raider left TBH I would join them even for a moment to find out thir reasons, this sems really strange when you say your GM is a good guy.

    I had simillar situation in my guild. When I was still new here, most of our main team raiders left, all the officers and other who thought they are so pro, they dont need all that stinky casuals in the guild. Well I give them credit they at least posted on forum their reasons and their goodbyes. Their problem like I said was GM and how he runs the guild, they were against inviting everyone who would like to join, they wanted to have small guild with secure raid spot.
    So they left, they transfered and faction changed to Horde at the end of Cata, and you know what is funny? they are way way behind us in a progress (they didnt even clear T14 normal, lol), I'm checking them on wowprogress from time to time and I saw plenty people left, and all they do now is some pvp. Serves them well imo
    Last edited by nemro82; 2012-12-27 at 03:44 PM.

  6. #26
    here is the thing i see it
    theese leavers are no exception this happens quite often and its not any fault of the gm or something. lets be clear about one thing. theese leavers regrouping rerecruting the whole same damn thing are bullshitters and you will never get a straight answer to your question why they did it. on the part why they left i can only give you the advice .. get over it ... it happend befor it will happen again. dont bother asking them or trying to understand why they did it.
    on the leaving part ... i know the feeling you dont want to leave people behind but its a difference if you leave because your buddys are gone the buddys who you thought were buddys but fucked you in your face by leaving and reregrouping so there are no one left except the history of what happen. and it will keep reminding you that this happend. its not an easy task but as i see it leaving and looking for something yourself would be the better choice. dont feel guilty there is nothing wrong with what you do ... you might even help your old guild out until you are part of something else. you wont join thoose idiotic morrons so you are different you wont be the same one leaving like all the others .. and people will see that and understand that its another thing with you. anyway they dont know you you dont know them ... so you are a stranger to them anyway. one more or less doesnt change squad to the situation of the guild its up to the gm if he wants to recruit a whole new team basicly starting from scratch again and again and again and again and again ... i know what im talking about after 8 years leading the same guild. people go ... thats the way of life. sometimes they even just die and are gone forever. so do what you want. leave or stay but in any case there is no room for guilt because you didnt do something wrong. leaving as such is not beeing a b ad person. talk to your gm about your plans. and i really wish you the best

  7. #27
    The Lightbringer Kickbuttmario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    3,167
    How can you people enjoy raiding in the first place with all this shit? I read your issues and I remembered my issues back in Wrath and TBC as well revolving around raiding and guild cohesion. This is one of the reasons why I hated raiding and stopped playing MMO's (except Guild Wars 2 since dungeons are with 5 people only) altogether. Everything falls to shit when people start leaving. The cohesion breaks, people stop caring about dungeons overall, etc etc.
    I am KickButtMario. I kick butt because I am Mario. The coolest, longest, living, protagonist out there in the video game industry.

    Currently playing WoW: BigFattMario TallKidLuigi PeachIsCute

  8. #28
    So basically the "new" guild, is the old guild with less raid days and minus 3 people. Seems like the people that left should stop being drama queens and talk shit out with the GM/raid lead instead of "leaveing for personal reason, which kinda just means i want to run shit!". Im not sure if i'd raid with people like that in charge. They sound like dicks and i doubt it'll change once they get more power.
    Last edited by Smeeh; 2012-12-27 at 03:46 PM.

  9. #29
    Immortal Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    7,810
    You really think this is easy? How long did these new guilds (usually) exist? Or did they run into issues aswell? (expected)
    Half a year, typically. Then they repeated the process.

    I was in one of their guilds for a short time and while they had excellent progress, from a human/social point of view: You do not want to be in there. I left after 1.5 months because I couldn't enjoy raiding with all the drama and stress they caused, just b/c someone made a mistake.

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  10. #30
    Bloodsail Admiral Galm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,192
    Let's leave the guild and form a new one... with the same members.
    <image removed>

    Infracted. Please don't post memes.
    Last edited by Rivelle; 2012-12-27 at 04:47 PM.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Half a year, typically. Then they repeated the process.

    I was in one of their guilds for a short time and while they had excellent progress, from a human/social point of view: You do not want to be in there. I left after 1.5 months because I couldn't enjoy raiding with all the drama and stress they caused, just b/c someone made a mistake.
    Exactly my point While indeed - progress can be amazing in the beginning - it will usually (exceptions are there) fall apart quite fast. "Hotheaded" people are usually the ones that take the mantle of leadership. Usually cause they have the biggest mouth so everyone flocks to them at first. They think that "this guy speaks the truth!" And while this guy might have a lot of good points, this "hothead" doesn't understand how to manage a guild at all. He doesn't know how the cohesion in the guild exists. And usually doesn't even particularly care of the people in the guild. He just likes skilled people + progress.

  12. #32
    Maybe they just didn't like the guild leadership and wanted their own guild? It's what we did. The GM left and put one of us "in charge", except the old time members didn't like the changes they made. Specifically the one about learning to play and not just being boosted by those who were halfway decent. So we just upped and left overnight. Got a few more people in and that was it. Our guild. Our way.

  13. #33
    Immortal Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    7,810
    And usually doesn't even particularly care of the people in the guild. He just likes skilled people + progress.
    This is the reason why many guilds collapse when they encounter a boss that offers a bit of resistance. Sad, but true.

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  14. #34
    lol it just sounds like 1 guy quit, and everyone is being offered to follow eventually ending up with the same 10 people as before?.....oh well more cash for blizz.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Maybe they just didn't like the guild leadership and wanted their own guild? It's what we did. The GM left and put one of us "in charge", except the old time members didn't like the changes they made. Specifically the one about learning to play and not just being boosted by those who were halfway decent. So we just upped and left overnight. Got a few more people in and that was it. Our guild. Our way.
    While your guild wasn't made exactly like the OP's story... The thing most people trip over... is that the new guys didn't tell the true reason behind their actions.

  16. #36
    Moderator Rivelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Castiel's Army
    Posts
    5,645
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    TBH I would join them even for a moment to find out thir reasons, this sems really strange when you say your GM is a good guy.
    It's really not always that simple. The OP considers the GM a good guy, but the others might not. Maybe they do but they don't want to be around him for other reasons.

    I've got a guy in my guild who is genuinely a good guy, however, he talks nonstop during raids, makes inappropriate jokes, doesn't pay attention, refuses to do anything to help gear up his character on his own and doesn't do a darn thing to learn how to play his class. When someone mentions any of that to him, he goes emo and takes it personally. Perhaps OP's GM is like that and the people who left just don't want to be around that anymore?

  17. #37
    Sounds like the tank, and probably a few of your other raiders had issues with your leadership, clearly you are not this issue since they asked you to join. Sounds like there was some generally unhappiness below the surface of you happy guild.

    Found what you wrote it just sounds like people were getting a little burned out, 5 nights a week is a lot and 3 is a lot more manageable especially for people with jobs and families.

  18. #38
    Mechagnome kleinlax21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Austin & Houston, Texas
    Posts
    612
    OP, I had a very similar situation happen to me a while back. Except the "leavers" and their new guild are now disbanded and generally do not speak with each other anymore, whereas me and everyone else who stayed are still enjoying a thriving guild.

    Point is, it's impossible to predict what will happen to either groups of people you associate with. Surround yourself with the right people and eventually everything else will fall into place.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

  19. #39
    10-1 shot a chick is involved. I've seen it many times in the guild I was in. I found 2 primary reasons for people just doing a ninja quit. One was an offer from a better guild. The second was because of a chick. Since the guild the tank joined wasn't better than the one he was in indicated by recruiting all your main raiders it has to be because of a chick.

    If there was an issue with management or loot there are usually warning signs or noticeable discontent but that doesn't appear to be the case here.

    Guys usually find it embarrassing to admit that they left a good guild for a girl so it makes sense to me that he made up some BS story. IMO I would check out the other in their guild who were not part of your guild. You'll probably find your answer with those other players.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    No you just took one thing I said (ok I posted your quote with just saying this, but it is obvious you didn't read my post above ) It is a whole package which should be proper. If you don't like how the guild is being run you leave. And if you won't leave others who you like playing with might. = unstable guild.
    I absolutely did read your post. You obviously did not read mine. You talk about leaving a guild over an insignificant aspect. I'm telling you that being with people you enjoy playing with is the most important thing by a HUGE margin. Leaving a guild full of people you enjoy playin with just because the guild does not offer the "whole package" is silly. You work with the guild to make it your whole package as long as the people you enjoy playing with are there.

    If you, and your friends, all want to leave together, that is fine. But leaving your friends because you don't like some silly thing about how the guild is run makes no sense. You work with the guild leadership in those cases or leave as a group.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •