Computer making weird buzzing noises

Hey.

Been having this problem lately;

When I play WoW(Raiding), my computer randomly makes a buzzing sound and my table trembles a little bit, they can be quite frequent and some nights I don't get them at all. I play other games(like Battlefield 3) and I never experience this issue, WoW seems to be the only game that makes this issue occur.

During Raids, my CPU is around 60% usage(game only utilizes 2 cores) and GPU at 10-20%. What could be causing this issue? I've ran Prime95 for an hour now and haven't had any issues and Battlefield 3 is a GPU heavy game so it can't be the GPU?

Specs:
    i5-2500k @ 4.3 GHz
    ASUS GTX 580 DirectCU II
    Kingston HyperX 2x 4GB 1333MHz
    ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution
    OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD(OS)
    WD Caviar Black 1TB(Games/big programs)
    Corsair 750W 750TX
    CM Storm Enforcer(case)

Thanks!
    Last edited by Tehterokkar; 2012-12-27 at 02:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's enough to make your table vibrate, the first obvious thing is simply find out what it is. When it happens, go look at the computer and see if something is loose. WoW might be making the system interact in a specific way that other games dont. It's likely a loose fan or part that isn't secured well.

just smack the side of your case until it stops

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    If it's enough to make your table vibrate, the first obvious thing is simply find out what it is. When it happens, go look at the computer and see if something is loose. WoW might be making the system interact in a specific way that other games dont. It's likely a loose fan or part that isn't secured well.
    I did clean/checked it before Christmas(clarification:this has been happening before I cleaned it up) to make sure nothing was loose or horribly wrong. I can't really imagine why only WoW would do this? Minecraft doesn't do this(it only uses 2 cores also), BF3 doesn't do this, Prime95 showed nothing after an hour or so. Temps are fine(60-66C all 4 Cores during Prime95) and GPU is at 65-68C Full load.
    Last edited by Tehterokkar; 2012-12-27 at 02:36 AM.

I'd check the power supply first. Looks like the one you listed has a fan that activates on demand, so it could be that the buzzing is a wire close to the fan, or just that the supply or the fan isn't securely in place, which could cause it to start vibrating when the fan comes on.

Quote Originally Posted by alltheydoisdance View Post
    just smack the side of your case until it stops
    Can I use my big hammer for that? Maybe that will help!