Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Solo/Duo Kel'Thuzad 25 man

Hey there.

Today I decided to go with my brother duo Kel'Thuzad 25 man ( we're farming the cryptstalker headpiece for hunter) and we couldn't manage to get kel down, is this possible to solo? Is there any specific trick to avoid his ice block ( that always gets one of us killed ) ?

We're both lvl 90 : Resto/Enhancement Shaman and BM Hunter.

I think we might be doing something wrong, but i still dont know what. Kel always ice blocks me ( the healer)

Have a good day mmo champions

I can solo him as a level 90 disc priest <_<

All I know is that he doesn't ice block you if you're alone in the room. That includes dismissing your pet, so it's probably not soloable by either of you. :/

Edit: Well then, guess I was wrong about healer soloing!

I have trouble two manning it too as a healer, but basically all i can suggest is that he use a spirit beast that can heal and chuck a heal on you when you get ice blocked. It does 100% of your health iirc so ANY heal, however small/big it is will keep you alive provided you were on full health prior to being blocked.

Good luck!

ice block doesnt happen on the tank, which means its not casted when soloing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

KT will never Ice Tomb the tank. So, if you are alone, you will never get tombed. I have soloed it as a Mistweaver. It was a joke as you could imagine. As a Hunter, I wouldn't have your pet tank. You would get tombed.

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    I have trouble two manning it too as a healer, but basically all i can suggest is that he use a spirit beast that can heal and chuck a heal on you when you get ice blocked. It does 100% of your health iirc so ANY heal, however small/big it is will keep you alive provided you were on full health prior to being blocked.

Good luck!
    AFAIK it's closer to 105%, like, HoTs usually wont be enough
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

a single renew will be enough actually..

Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post
    a single renew will be enough actually..
    You're right, i mean, passive healing stuff. But then again, the heal needed isnt big

Doesn't he cast it? Or at least there is a DBM timer for it. Before he casts it throw down healing stream/tide or something right before, that would be enough. If you want to do it duo as that comp.

Deleted
    Guess the spirit mend will do the trick then . Did not know that heals went through the ice block .

Thanks a lot guys, you were really fast and solved my problem pretty well.

Thanks again

Using the term "Tank" isn't ideal for explaining the Ice Tomb and similar boss abilities; Kel'thuzad will never Ice Tomb his MAIN AGGRO TARGET. The only boss I can think of that has a mechanic that never gets used if only tanks are present is Baelroc with his crystals.

Have the shaman go enhance and tank KT, he should ice block the hunter and the shaman can save a 5 stack of maelstrom weapon to heal with. I have done this in the past with ret tank + 1 with the ret saving an instant heal for ice blocks.

Oh, spirit mend could work, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am confirming without a doubt that as a ret pally you can solo 25 KT. I did it as well as Sapphiron the last 3 weeks. Sapph just takes a bit. You are the only block, big hit comes down, breaks you out, rinse, repeat. KT DON'T STAND IN SHADOW FISSURE (DUH). Blow CDs in the soft enrage phase and ignore the bugs that come in. Interrupt as many frost bolts as you can. They still kinda hurt. 20k or so. Saves you from having to heal that much more. I even solo'd Thadd. Little tricky with the P1 part but still doable. Everything there is except maybe Razzuvious. I haven't tried him but I know I had to use a LOT of Word of Glorys in 10 man. Also Pathwerk may be a little tricky taking both his melee and his hateful strikes. Still doable albeit annoying as fuck.

Myself (Demo Warlock) and my room mate (BM hunter) have not had too much of an issue with this, just need to pull a lot of DPS

Deleted
    Don't understand, spirit mend didn't save me from dying as resto. Neither did my 5 stack Maelstrom Weapon, when i went enhancement and tanked the boss, couldn't save the hunter from dying.

Any thoughts?

Bring a blood DK?

JK. Honestly though, I'm not sure how it would be done - either from Ice Block or from MC, you're going to end up alone.

The only advice I can give (haven't actually attempted it myself) would be to try and bring some strong bulk to help you burn through his 14.6 mil.
    Last edited by Totle; 2012-12-28 at 06:02 AM.

a single heal on anyon that gets ice blocked will save them >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tykinog View Post
    Don't understand, spirit mend didn't save me from dying as resto. Neither did my 5 stack Maelstrom Weapon, when i went enhancement and tanked the boss, couldn't save the hunter from dying.

Any thoughts?
    ?
    A) Are the heals actually landing on the right target? I.E Are you sure you are healing the hunter, rather then hitting yourself with the heal? 1 heal should be more then enough to win.
    B) If not, then just split and solo it ez mode. He only has 14 mil, thats like, 5 mins for any dps to down? The hunter will want to face tank it himself rather then have his pet tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can LoS it. If you're going to 2-men it, just don't use any pets and let Kel hit you both, so you count as MT and OT and cannot be entombed.