Deleted

Is there a chinese word that sounds like the N word?

Hi, sorry if these seems like a pointless thread but I have a chinese friend and whenever he speaks mandarin with other friends, he constantly says a word that sounds JUST like the N word... at first I thought it was funny but I'm really curious now.

Anybody got any knowledge in mandarin?

Deleted
    Google translate is your friend

If he's your friend why can't you just ask him?

Also he might be saying the N word but pronouncing it funny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonX View Post
    If he's your friend why can't you just ask him?*

Also he might be saying the N word but pronouncing it funny.
    Well I haven't known him for long but I may ask if I won't get an answer here. Also it probably isn't because he says it in like every sentence..

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Google translate is your friend
    What am I going to write there? I doubt it's spelled anything like the N word

Edit: tested different spellings and I am back unsuccessfull...
    Last edited by mmoc286748cea5; 2012-12-29 at 09:07 PM.

Deleted
    Just found an answer on yahoo answers (out of all places)...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...2061303AAmBfLH

Don't worry, it wasn't directed at you or yours. They were saying "you" in Mandarin, which happens to be pronounced exactly like "n.i.g-ga".

There you learned a Chinese word!

Edit: oops, my bad! I forgot it doesn't mean "you" but "that", eg; "that" dish is tasty or "that" person is pretty, or I want "that" one.

To the person below, wouldn't the Japanese pronounciation of nigai be something close to three syllables...prounounce as ni-ga-ee (last syllable almost silent)? The mandarin ni-ga is two syllables and open ended, pronounced exactly as a southerner would say the N word.

There's a Russell Peters video on Youtube where he talks about a black person ordering fried chicken and thinking the Chinese boy in line with her is calling her the N word, when he's actually telling his mom which menu item he wants when he said "ni-ga", "ni-ga" (that,that).

Well that's interesting.

The word for "this" is something like "ni ka" which has a soft pronunciation. Resulting in a similar sound to the offensive racial slur.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zeekphreak View Post
    The word for "this" is something like "ni ka" which has a soft pronunciation. Resulting in a similar sound to the offensive racial slur.
    So yahoo answers were right! Miracles happen apparantly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    So yahoo answers were right! Miracles happen apparantly.
    .... You are talking about the word nigger right? Why say the N-word when you are asking something about a word, why wouldn't you be allowed to just type the word nigger?
    Only in the US of A.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    .... You are talking about the word nigger right? Why say the N-word when you are asking something about a word, why wouldn't you be allowed to just type the word nigger?
    Only in the US of A.
    I didn't want to offend anyone... also, a thread with "nigger" in the title seems like something that would get locked fairly quickly, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Only in the US of A.
    Because some people don't want to offend others on the chance they are offended by that word. Thanks for trying to bash people.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Yes. It's unfortunate, but the word for "that" is uncomfortably close. It sounds like "neiga." When I'm out shopping, I try my best not to use it in a sentence (which is hard, given that it's a pretty ubiquitous word) so that I don't accidentally offend someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    OP's question got answered and I'm going to close this before it turns into bad things.