1. #1

    Ghostrcrawler's math?

    As posted a few days ago in the tweet summary on the main page...

    Player message: I enjoy being killed in 2 sec on my ret paladin, ty for the nerfs they were needed, rets was completely out of control in pvp...
    Ghostcrawler's response: You probably lost 20% max on heals. Was that really what was keeping you alive? (Source)

    So apparently according to GC 30%ish healing from the PvP power nerf + 15% more fatigue = 20% nerf to our healing as opposed to 45%... my confidence in him is renewed ... /sarcasm

    The only excuse I can think of for this nonsense is that he is taking into account the large Word of Glory hotfix buff that happened last weekend, which has not been officially announced since there has not been a hotfix summary post in a few days, probably due to the holidays. My WoG seems about 30% better since a couple of days ago... but even a 30% WoG buff doesn't make our healing lost since launch only 20%, it's still more like 30%+ considering we all take Prism and Selfless Healer for PvP.

  2. #2
    The 15% from fatigue should not really be counted as it counts for everyone who uses healing spells, including main healers. And is a nerf aimed at healing in general. Concerning his math, we all know that most statistics are made up on the fly. He probably did the same. I also think your math is off.

  3. #3
    Sarcastic response to a sarcastic question. I noticed he has done this a lot more recently, which as a fan of "telling the customers to stfu" I support this! (Working retail... never again). However this has also spilled over to people asking genuine questions. For the most part, I am supportive of these responses, because the developers will ALWAYS be hit with ten negative responses, for every one positive.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    The 15% from fatigue should not really be counted as it counts for everyone who uses healing spells, including main healers. And is a nerf aimed at healing in general. Concerning his math, we all know that most statistics are made up on the fly. He probably did the same. I also think your math is off.
    The PvP power nerf was aimed at many different specs too, so according to your logic, Ret has lost no healing at all... you should work for Blizzard; you think like they do.

    Actually fatigue hits specs like Ret the hardest sadly enough, even though that's not the intent. Main-spec healers were putting out ridiculous numbers anyway, casters like Spriests can still spam heals when needed, warriors and dks have percentage based heals that have nothing to do with fatigue; this leaves specs like Ret, who have to build resources like Selfless Healer and Holy Power to heal in the worst spot. Our heals already had large gaps in between them due to resource generation, now they are also very weak, an Sprist's heals might be weaker now too, but at least he can spam, real healers just lost overhealing lol, and warriors still get 10k second wind ticks every sec. The fatigue nerf is not just some global blanket nerf that affects everyone, it affects specs like Ret and Enhance the most, due to very poorly thought-out changes on Blizzard's end.

    This season has seen some of the most idiotic blanket nerfs, take the PvP on-use trinkets: all they did was make it so that a mage can now put out insane burst every minute as opposed to every 2 minutes; their damage, and warrior damage, was so high that they didn't even need 5k str/int since it was over-kill. Weaker specs who could barely land a killing blow before, on the other hand, are now more toothless than ever.
    Last edited by Tangra; 2012-12-27 at 11:09 AM.

  5. #5
    The PvP power change alone was ~20% (PvP power boosts healing half as much as it boosts damage). With battle fatigue, yeah, more like 35%. Pretty much no matter how you slice it, it's not accurate. It's twitter, so I don't expect a lot of rigor, but still.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteoric View Post
    The PvP power change alone was ~20% (PvP power boosts healing half as much as it boosts damage). With battle fatigue, yeah, more like 35%. Pretty much no matter how you slice it, it's not accurate. It's twitter, so I don't expect a lot of rigor, but still.
    It was close to 25-30% because most of us were gemming for PvP power back then instead of resilience, but even without gems it's over 20% in just honor gear, and probably close to 30% with full conquest gear, even without many PvP power gems.

  7. #7
    The Lightbringer Requital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    But-hurt much? Appears so!
    Posts
    3,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    As posted a few days ago in the tweet summary on the main page...

    Player message: I enjoy being killed in 2 sec on my ret paladin, ty for the nerfs they were needed, rets was completely out of control in pvp...
    Ghostcrawler's response: You probably lost 20% max on heals. Was that really what was keeping you alive? (Source)

    So apparently according to GC 30%ish healing from the PvP power nerf + 15% more fatigue = 20% nerf to our healing as opposed to 45%... my confidence in him is renewed ... /sarcasm

    The only excuse I can think of for this nonsense is that he is taking into account the large Word of Glory hotfix buff that happened last weekend, which has not been officially announced since there has not been a hotfix summary post in a few days, probably due to the holidays. My WoG seems about 30% better since a couple of days ago... but even a 30% WoG buff doesn't make our healing lost since launch only 20%, it's still more like 30%+ considering we all take Prism and Selfless Healer for PvP.
    TBH he has no idea what he is talking about in this game when it comes to PvP he is 100% clueless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    It was close to 25-30% because most of us were gemming for PvP power back then instead of resilience, but even without gems it's over 20% in just honor gear, and probably close to 30% with full conquest gear, even without many PvP power gems.
    Hm, yeah, you're right. I had been thinking that ~40% was a "stacking power" figure, but some quick math says it's probably closer to ~60%, which means ~30% healing. But losing a 30% bonus is a bit over a 20% loss (130 -> 100 is 23%), and that's within my "meh, it's twitter" tolerance.

    It's worth noting that this tweet dates to Dec 7, before the battle fatigue change even happened, so they were talking only about the PvP power change. MMO-C is apparently way, way behind on posting these.

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Well that's only a couple of days before the fatigue increase, so he obviously already knew about it. Either way even at that time Ret had lost at least 20% healing, not at most as he said.

  11. #11
    I bet what GC did was taking screenshots of the scoreboard from every time he played a Ret when capping his 1300 rated prot warrior in 2s and compared them to his 5.0 screenshots.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •