Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Do you think young women raising their siblings with recently deceased parents are offered deals like this by their land lords and accept when money isn't tight?
    She doesn't need to raise her sibling though.

If she can't provide for herself, then she really can't provide for her brother.

Her brother should go into foster care and become a ward of the state, where he will be raised much better by big government.

Then the ADULT female won't be financially burdened.

Deleted
    Some day you're going to realize the real world isn't one of your text books. Assuming she has any savings, which is unlikely, they're hardly going to be enough to move if she can't even make rent or is struggling to do so. First and last month for a new place. Plus she has a young child's welfare to consider which makes a lot of low income housing unfeasible.
    So you're saying that:

1. Giving her the third option is coercion and thus wrong. It should be illegal etc etc
    2. Her other options, moving elsewhere and getting more income are not feasible (which you base on assumptions).

So what you're really saying is that you want to remove her only feasible option to live in a proper house. Gee thanks, I'm sure she'll feel great on the street knowing we have these bleeding hearts here knowing what's best for you.

Also, they don't teach this shit in textbooks. You need logic. I wish I was "coerced" by being given additional options that are superior to the ones I had before.
    Last edited by mmoc43ae88f2b9; 2012-12-28 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Even if you oppose prostitution it's still not necessarily something you'd want to have legislature against. You might simply recognize that it will happen regardless of legality and that being illegal means that those who participate will have nowhere to go if some sicko decides to beat them up
    WTF.

Whether or not you engage in Prostitution doesn't mean you can't press charges against someone who physically assaults you.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    So you're saying that:

1. Giving her the third option is coercion and thus wrong. It should be illegal etc etc
    2. Her other options, moving elsewhere and getting more income are not feasible.

So what you're really saying is that you want to remove her only feasible option to live in a proper house. Gee thanks, I'm sure she'll feel great on the street knowing we have these bleeding hearts here knowing what's best for you.

Also, they don't teach this shit in textbooks. You need logic.
    You are fully aware I support a comprehensive social net for people just like this woman, don't play stupid for convenience.

Do you think young women raising their siblings with recently deceased parents are offered deals like this by their land lords and accept when money isn't tight?
    18 year old women do plenty of things without fully thinking things through. I doubt she considered very many other ways to trim her budget or increase her income while making that decision. That does not change the fact that you are making an assumption to further a narrative that fits your world view instead of reviewing the facts presented.

10+ Year Old Account
    your brother needs to be charged for pimping, bribery, and illicit-ing sex for monetary value

You are fully aware I support a comprehensive social net for people just like this woman, don't play stupid for convenience.
    I love how people support a comprehensive social net when they hardly add to the taxes and expect Big Government to help everyone and get involved in everyone's lives cause they can't take care of themselves.

Leeches all of em.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    I love how people support a comprehensive social net when they hardly add to the taxes and expect Big Government to help everyone and get involved in everyone's lives cause they can't take care of themselves.

Leeches all of em.
    You don't know a thing about my tax burden.

Deleted
    Right, but seeing how that doesn't happen at the snap of a finger...?

I mean, I support world peace but I can't base my foreign policy views under the assumption that world peace already exists.

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    18 year old women do plenty of things without fully thinking things through. I doubt she considered very many other ways to trim her budget or increase her income while making that decision. That does not change the fact that you are making an assumption to further a narrative that fits your world view instead of reviewing the facts presented.
    "She didn't consider, but somebody else must be punished for it."

If this is not blatant sucking up to women in general to pose as nice guy, I don't know how else to call it.

Right, but seeing how that doesn't happen at the snap of a finger...?
    There are programs to help a woman like her right now. Without knowing what state this is I can't comment there.

Deleted
    There are programs to help a woman like her right now. Without knowing what state this is I can't comment there.
    So why didn't she take advantage of those programs? Again, maybe this arrangement is the best she has.

How is this really any different from the story of any other prostitute? Should prostitution get banned too and everyone who is doing it because they need to feed themselves should go on a government program? How about banning all work that isn't comfortable and putting everyone on welfare? I mean, they're being coersed into doing it or they won't be able to pay their rent and buy food.

Deleted
    Yeah..."your brother"....

Quote Originally Posted by Gigzi View Post
    So, she's basically in the same positon as many young teenage mothers in the world? Do you know how many people struggle on a day to day basis with the same issues of trying to get buy on making a living herself? Just because someone offers you an easy way out for sex doesn't make her a victim. She had the opportunity to say no and instead chose to take it. For the rest of her life she is going to live with the regret of making that decision and it will haunt her. So tell me, was it worth it? While saying no would have meant she'd have to work harder, at least she could continue living her life without this shame hanging over her head.
    I don´t see where you are going with this. Are you saying it´s her very own mistake for selling herself out and she doesn´t deserve any sympathy or help (because she isn´t a victim)? So it would also be wrong to help these teenage mothers because it was their decision to get drunk and fuck some random guy? To me in this case it´s obvious that she couldn´t simply "work harder" (whatever this is supposed to mean) and didn´t even understand the consequences of selling herself.

If people always have a choice and you shouldn´t help people that made wrong ones we might as well stop helping each other altogether. So if you insult somebody on the streets and he totally freaks out and stabs you it´ll be okay, since it was your choice to insult him. Maybe you weren´t fully aware of the consequences but hey it doesn´t matter, does it?

So your brother chooses to exploit young girls who from the sound of it has to look after her younger brother aswell. Wow. What a guy.

How you could even stomach this guy amazes me. It's barely a step up from forced prostitution. Fine she donesn't have to to do it but to put a roof over her younger brothers head at a lower cost? She has little choice. If the story is true man up and take her out of that situation. I couldn't sleep if I knew my brother was doing that to a girl.

If that was my brother he would get removed from the family and get given a good slapping.

So why didn't she take advantage of those programs? Again, maybe this arrangement is the best she has.

How is this really any different from the story of any other prostitute? Should prostitution get banned too and everyone who is doing it because they need to feed themselves should go on a government program? How about banning all work that isn't comfortable and putting everyone on welfare? I mean, they're being coersed into doing it or they won't be able to pay their rent and buy food.
    Do you really not see the difference between this situation and that of a prostitute?

There's only one thing to do.
    You must kill him.

(:

Yes, he is a deplorable human being.
    No, I don't think that is anyone's business but his and hers, unless one of them invites another into the arrangement.

Guess what folks, the world is full of shitty people. Your job is not to dictate how shitty someone else is, but to decide how shitty you want to be. I didn't notice the OP stating he offered to pay off the extra rent so she didn't have to bone his brother.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find this outrageous and wrong. Your brother should have reduce the rent and let it be - without favors. There's no reason for this at all. I hope the girl and her brother live a good life, find a great home for themselves and don't have to see this piece of trash again.

Quote Originally Posted by warpath2k View Post
    So your brother chooses to exploit young girls who from the sound of it has to look after her younger brother aswell. Wow. What a guy.

How you could even stomach this guy amazes me. It's barely a step up from forced prostitution. Fine she donesn't have to to do it but to put a roof over her younger brothers head at a lower cost? She has little choice. If the story is true man up and take her out of that situation. I couldn't sleep if I knew my brother was doing that to a girl.

If that was my brother he would get removed from the family and get given a good slapping.
    She isn't a young girl. She is an adult. She is not being exploited. She has a choice. She doesn't have to look after her younger brother either. He can go into foster care run by Liberal Big Government. She chooses to live where she lives, she chooses to financially support her younger brother, and she chooses to exchange sex for lower rent.