Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Share your Funny MMO Moments

I just thought it'd be fun to have one funny MMO moment thread.

i had this experience with Ragnarok Online way waaay back 2003. i was just starting playing for about a month, me and my brother both have a level 30ish swordie that only have mid grade NPC items. To put it simply, we are under equipped and are very poor during that time.

we explored everywhere without carrying any potions because we cannot afford to spend zeny on healing items because we were saving up for better equips. Me and my brother decided to venture on Mt. Mjolnir, north of Prontera. While grinding there, we met another swordsman who is better equipped than us and can tank better. We explored the maps together and then we saw a Flora monster. That was the first time all of us saw that mob. We didn't know how strong it were. So, we dived right in (all three of us) and was overpowered. i was the first one who died. our party mate died next. my brother panicked and tried to mob away from the mob a little too late and he died too. a few seconds after being slaughtered, a thief passed by us and asked us what happened. we told him that the flora got us three but we dealt high enough a damage to it and is near dead and if he would attack it, he could kill it after a few hits. so the thief then engaged with the flora but sadly he died after getting hit three times in a row. he was able to say something that rhymed with "luck you" before respawning to his save point which made all three of us laugh really hard.

still one of my favorite moments in my MMO gaming history.

well i can't think of any funny moment right nao except for the one i had with diablo 1. i was doing the butcher quest for the first time back when i was still ten years old. it was already 11pm and i am alone in my room. i found the butcher, heard his line, fell to my sit and ran to my parent's room. i didn't get to play diablo for a month because of that!

10+ Year Old Account
    When Ashes of Al'ar dropped, and I ninjaed it becoming the first person on Spitestone server to have it (nontransfer wise that is). For the next three days, trade chat was continual 24/7 lets all hate on DEATHETERNAL for ninjaing Ashes of Al'ar. It was the best troll I have ever accomplished and most fun few days on WoW I have had (zombie plague event being a close second).
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

well, i have one both funny and frustrating at the same time. thought it's not from an MMO. it's from fallout 1.

i was travelling through the hub when i was ambushed by thugs. my character managed to dispatch two out of the three but upon firing on the last one, my character had a critical miss and the bullet hit a child somewhere in the back and it killed him. my character got dinged as a child killer. i wasn't aware of the implications until later i found out upon returning to town and everyone goes agro on me shouting "child killer". sorta funny yet frustrating as i had to restart the game all over again because i've overwritten all my saves already. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Was a quest in azshara back in Vanilla/BC where you got an item to summon up to 5 fel hounds to search for rock giant poop. Well you could summon all five, abandon the quest, keep the felhounds and get another orb to summon five more. Each hound had a 5 min duration so I spent a good 2 mins getting as many hounds on my paladin then rushing to Org and killing flagged players that were nearly unable to fight back due to either having their pc not be powerful enough to handle my army of 100 felhounds running through an already populated area, or just being unable to target me in the middle of the hound horde.

Got yelled at by a GM too since a bunch of people reported me.

My old ui makes my eyes bleed even today.

Coordinating a roughly 100-person zombie raid during pre-Wrath event. We shut Org and SW down for a few hours each.

10+ Year Old Account
    helping my friend level back in vanilla. i was out in wetlands with my 2 friends and we were helping him power level a bit. i just remember having my camera turned in just the right way and seeing in the background like 6 crocolisks chasing him across the swamp.

not sure why it was so funny at the time but it was probably one of those things where you had to be there.

10+ Year Old Account
    The night that TOC came out, I pugged it with this dude from my server. After the first boss dies, he ninjas all the gear and takes off. I add him to friend and tag his name, anticipating that he will get a name change. After I spam trade for about half hour about him being a ninja, he gets a name change just as I expected. So I check my friends list for the tag, and proceed to spam trade chat with his new name, alerting everybody that he was under a new name. At that point he decides to bribe me, and gives me a ring that dropped (they had just implemented the 2 hour trade window) in exchange for my silence. After accepting the bribe, we actually got to talking, and for the next several months we actually started to lead raids together. Started with naxx, then TOC, and then up to ICC. It was pretty early in ICC, when the awesome caster DPS trinket from Rotface drops. He decides to be a douche again (the first time since I was raiding with him) and tries to auction off the trinket to the highest bidder. I whisper him saying I'll buy gold and give him 10k, which he accepts. I took the trinket, put him on ignore, and haven't talked to him since.

10+ Year Old Account
    let's see...

1.- WoW -> Doing SSC with a group of friends (most of them were on pvp gear, lol), managed to kill leotheras with just a resto druid alive, people screamed like hell on that TS.

2.- GW2 getting a bunch of bots camped on wvw, was funny .

3.- RO -> Killing beelzebub, our antagonist guild (we were top 1 and the 2nd guild was a bunch of people who were ex-gm's and had shady contacts, appeared with hardcore gear from nowhere and got some macros on their creators, private server bullshit ) was trying to do it with like 30 chars and we were just 6, they wiped hard on phase 1 and beelzebub teleported on their face, then we managed to get it in a nice spot, their guild tried to bring mobs to us but our strat was good enough to kill the monsters once they appeared, tons of loot from the monsters, same as free exp and beelzebub, next day the WoE with our star gladiator was just laughter.

4.- RO -> Playing WoE's against newbies, always loved to see all those people get frozen, see 1st classes running into the castle just wandering, getting lost and then frozen into a stormgust and LoV'd or Meteor stormed/grimtooth... good old 2nd job times... sadly I don't play RO anymore.

5.- RO -> Doing lightalzen mvp's, kind of the same story, we were doing the boss as the other guild came and tried to mess us up, long story short: our wipes 0 - their wipes 10.

6.- WoW -> Doing lady deathwhisper with some guildies, if you wanted to mock someone up just waited for the mind control and BANG all the dps'ers got their burst done ...

7.- WoW -> On a guild run on ICC 10n deathbringer will dropped (one of our firsts run on the raid), our raid leader competed against another dps, they were struggling to see who won the roll, the raid leader got 99 and started bragging on TS, everyone was like "hey, what if X got 100?", "nah it won't happen, i'll pay him 2k if that happens!", suddenly that holy number appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    let's see...

2.- GW2 getting a bunch of bots camped on wvw, was funny .

4.- RO -> Playing WoE's against newbies, always loved to see all those people get frozen, see 1st classes running into the castle just wandering, getting lost and then frozen into a stormgust and LoV'd or Meteor stormed/grimtooth... good old 2nd job times... sadly I don't play RO anymore.

7.- WoW -> On a guild run on ICC 10n deathbringer will dropped (one of our firsts run on the raid), our raid leader competed against another dps, they were struggling to see who won the roll, the raid leader got 99 and started bragging on TS, everyone was like "hey, what if X got 100?", "nah it won't happen, i'll pay him 2k if that happens!", suddenly that holy number appeared.
    i loled on the 7th. /heh just out of curiousity, did he pay up the 2k he promised?

there was this one time, back when i was still playing cabal with a level 137 warrior, and my brother a level 130 force shielder. both of us were killing bot farmers on fort ruina. we had repeatedly killed a level 180 and 169 force archer camping on one spot when suddenly, a level 180 force shielder came and tried to kill us both. we assumed that was the owner of the bots because he just appeared out of nowhere and started attacking us. luckily, he did not have good gears and we managed to kill him fairly easily. after dying five times, another level 135 force shielder came (which belonged to our nation faction) and asked why we have been killing his bots. we told him that he was too greedy to hog all the mobs on the area so we decided to kill his bots for fun. he threw swears at our faces and left. the bots never returned to the farming spot for about 2 days.

lol RO WoE. i was like that too before. when WoE was first introduced, i was nothing but a mere swordsman trying to learn the realm of Ragnarok. i walked into one of the castles, wondering why there are lots of players in front of it, and to my surprise, as my game loaded, a storm gust greeted me. being frozen and unable to do anything, it was sorta fun waiting for the wizard to cast JT on me. we were like, 12 frozen players there, waiting for our death. lol. it was fun seeing them dying one by one. it was the only JT i ever enjoyed. sweetest 10 seconds of my swordsman life. lol.
    Last edited by SloveenEfsei; 2013-01-02 at 07:43 AM.

one funny moment i had was with X-COM (classic). i was on a town mission and i've swept most of the areas already yet i still can't find the aliens. i had my grenadier check the bathroom on the last house i went through, to my surprise six aliens were packed there. i threw a frag and the explosion wiped the alien infestation along with the floors above it. this was the cheapest mission i ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by aladinversuk View Post
    one funny moment i had was with X-COM (classic). i was on a town mission and i've swept most of the areas already yet i still can't find the aliens. i had my grenadier check the bathroom on the last house i went through, to my surprise six aliens were packed there. i threw a frag and the explosion wiped the alien infestation along with the floors above it. this was the cheapest mission i ever did.
    lol grenade. i just remembered one time while playing counter-strike with my high school buds, map was CS_Mansion. only two CT left vs us three terrorists still alive, with our HP less than 50 each, i saw one CT run through the bushes on the front so i threw an HE out the window, my aim was a little too high and it didn't go through. HE hit the wall above the window, bounced back and killed us three. i was so noob back then XD

15+ Year Old Account
    Was leveling a druid, healing a random Halls of Stone, pretty decent run, then the tank starts talking about how the dps needs to pick it up if they wanted to be any good at 85 (this was in 2011). So the dps'ers and the tank go back and forth, then one dps starts picking on another, I'm just sitting there, laughing it up, told the tank to not take it too seriously, then we started "getting into it", in a sort of passive sarcastic way I believe. The run was coming to an end, by then the tank and I stopped fighting and just started laughing at the two dpsers that had to be under 15, the insults were amazingly bad, their dps was even worse, as the tank was stomping on them, and I was in second because my HoTs would just keep the tank up and spamming moonfire was all I did. After that run, the tank was interested in a few more runs, so she gave me her real ID, we became good friends that night, and that following weekend, she became my girlfriend. Until April 13th 2012, only reason I remember that date is because it was the last time we talked, and also the day that my favorite movie of the year came out, Cabin in the Woods. Now you may ask why I find it funny? Well, it's not one of those OMG MY SIDES type stories, just one of those "I find it funny" what can happen in those random dungeons. It's one hell of a feature that I wish would become a normal for MMO's, not for easy ways to get end-game gear without raiding, but the people you meet in there sometimes are just the greatest.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Was leveling a druid, healing a random Halls of Stone, pretty decent run, then the tank starts talking about how the dps needs to pick it up if they wanted to be any good at 85 (this was in 2011). So the dps'ers and the tank go back and forth, then one dps starts picking on another, I'm just sitting there, laughing it up, told the tank to not take it too seriously, then we started "getting into it", in a sort of passive sarcastic way I believe. The run was coming to an end, by then the tank and I stopped fighting and just started laughing at the two dpsers that had to be under 15, the insults were amazingly bad, their dps was even worse, as the tank was stomping on them, and I was in second because my HoTs would just keep the tank up and spamming moonfire was all I did. After that run, the tank was interested in a few more runs, so she gave me her real ID, we became good friends that night, and that following weekend, she became my girlfriend. Until April 13th 2012, only reason I remember that date is because it was the last time we talked, and also the day that my favorite movie of the year came out, Cabin in the Woods. Now you may ask why I find it funny? Well, it's not one of those OMG MY SIDES type stories, just one of those "I find it funny" what can happen in those random dungeons. It's one hell of a feature that I wish would become a normal for MMO's, not for easy ways to get end-game gear without raiding, but the people you meet in there sometimes are just the greatest.
    That's a way more interesting story than how my relationship started lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    That's a way more interesting story than how my relationship started lol
    could you share us your story miss moderator ma'am? :3

mine was a little bit more embarrassing than normal. but not online. it happened personally, on accident.

Deleted
    Quick two ones from WoW
    Naxx (wotlk) 10-man guild run - everybody is there first time, we enter Patchwerk room,
    Main Tank (our GM): Well I guess we can navigate around those abominations and pull the boss
    One of the dps: won't they pull when we pull the boss?
    Me (officer back then): Nah they won't we can manage
    (We carefully approoach the boss, killing only the packs we had to)
    5, 4, 3, 2, 1 pull
    All abominations attack us we die in seconds

Actually we did same thing the previous day in Obsidian Sanctum,
    Tank: There is the boss in the middle, we don't have to kill the trash cool!
    one pug guy outside our guild: Well there are three additional drakes, I read boss gives better loot if we leave them up
    Tank: Cool let's go then
    5, 4, 3, 2, 1 pull
    we die 15 seconds later with Sartharion and whole trash attacking us

Quote Originally Posted by SloveenEfsei View Post
    could you share us your story miss moderator ma'am? :3

mine was a little bit more embarrassing than normal. but not online. it happened personally, on accident.
    Haha that's Mister moderator. My moniker originated from my love of ooooooold Doctor Who

My story is "so I met a girl through a mutual friend on WoW and we dated long-distance before she moved down here and almost four years later she hasn't kicked me from raid."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i so many funny wow storys that would need 3 pages too wrote all so i will stick with Wot for now:

There was a chat in middle of the game where some guy just purchased a new moneymaking tank and 2 very skilled players were following him. (i was just a observer on artilery) Then a t-50 tank (scout class) zips near them and they get spoted. He gets killed by all 3. But then those 2 players start saying he is bad and so on.... and well they get killed by artilery. (kinda same as video-- just difrent tanks)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    used to play Runescape where caster could "hide" behind a fence and just kill mobs with no damage if they were melee, then started wow and tried to do it on my mage with a fence in goldshire was so shocked when the mob walked over the fence that i deleted the char (overreaction much?) XD

My funniest MMO moment was during a raid night with my guild in WoW. It was when we were fighting Atramedes and the entire group wiped during the air phase with the exception of my buddy the warrior. For those who don't know: in the air phase of Atramedes he follows you around with a beam, leaving a trail of fire, so my friend decided to try and survive for as long as possible using his rocket boots for a speed boost. The rocket boots have a chance to explode though, which they did sending him flying straight up... with the beam still following him. The pathing of the beam got confused though and it went up circling the room leaving a perfect spiral of the fire trail floating in the sky. It was the best wipe i've ever experienced and the entire raidgroup nearly fell of their chairs laughing.