[Movies] WoW Live Action Movie.

What's happening with that. Wasn't Sam Raimi or w.e (Person who did Spiderman) supported to be directing/creating a live action WoW movie? I think I read that 2+ years ago and still nothing?

Deleted
    it was mentioned years ago, and then last year or year before they did confirm sami raimi would be doing it, once he has finished the other ones hes doing or something. when i first heard about the movie i was really excited, but it keeps getting put on hold and delayed, i dont know if we will ever get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    it was mentioned years ago, and then last year or year before they did confirm sami raimi would be doing it, once he has finished the other ones hes doing or something. when i first heard about the movie i was really excited, but it keeps getting put on hold and delayed, i dont know if we will ever get it.
    In good Blizzard style, it will come right on time for our children to enjoy it :P

I was excited for it too! I don't really play WoW now but Blizzard have always made great WoW movies/cinematics so do produce a live action movie would be a great watch but it seems to be dead in the air. I wouldn't mind them doing something to celebrate the game like a story w/ Cinematic graphics. It would be great to be honest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    In good Blizzard style, it will come right on time for our children to enjoy it :P

i think the official statement on the movie is soon(tm)

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    I believe in Video Games it is known as Vaporware, so for Movies it would be a Vaporfilm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loudskies View Post
    Metzen said it is knee-deep in production at the MoP launch.
    p
    did he? That's good to hear I guess.

Abotu the setting of the movie, I believe they said it will be set before wc3 .

they could make such a good series of films with the Warcraft lore, it's amazing a movie hasn't been made already.
    bleh, postings from phone, sorry for the mistakes

It's in development hell. With any luck it will never be made.

Come on. You know it would be terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Sam Rami was replaced because if his unavailibilty, some sources say they had to start some production and could not wait on Rami. Charles Leavitt is the new writer, i imagine they are still in pre production or they didnt let us know that production had begun.

p
    did he? That's good to hear I guess.

Abotu the setting of the movie, I believe they said it will be set before wc3 .

they could make such a good series of films with the Warcraft lore, it's amazing a movie hasn't been made already.
    bleh, postings from phone, sorry for the mistakes
    no they said after WC3, but right before Vanilla.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

I'd much rather prefer a complete motion capture/cgi film in the style of Beowulf or Polar Express. I'd pay so much money to see 2 and a half hours of Blizzard cinematics.

Deleted
    So what's up with this, any updates on a wow movie?

Didn't Uwe Boll say he wanted to "help them out" with it x)