Deleted

A few questions about PVP tips and tricks

Hello, guys

I really enjoy my rogue and I want to improve. The skill cap seems much higher than on any other class I've tried.

Please help me become better by answering some questions:

1. How do I know when I'm about to drop combat and be able to restealth. Is there an addon to count the seconds till OOC? I read it was 5.5 seconds. Is this correct?

2. How do I use Premeditation properly? Currently I use it for slice and dice before opening on my target. Is this a good idea?

3. How do I use Shadow dance properly? Currently I do this: premed -> snd -> cheap shot -> dance+trinket -> garrote -> ambush x 2 -> eviscerate, but the problem is that i'm almost out of energy and the enemy recovers from the stun with zero combo points. Maybe I should only use dance during kidney shot with a bleed up? I really don't know.

4. How can I sap in arena reliably? There is so much aoe nowadays, I often get destealthed. Should I use sprint in order to get a sap? Should I take the Subterfuge talent?

5. How can I use sap during shadow dance? What I mean is, theoretically I know it's possible, but your target must be ooc, so I suppose I can f.e. blind somebody, then at the end of blind use shadow dance + sap on him. How is it done?

6. Considering only subtlety has shadow dance, does it mean it's the only true pvp spec at the moment?

Can you please point me to some good rogue pvp guides/videos (not the ones with big crits, but the ones with explanations and examples)?

Thank you in advance

Deleted
    1. I use a combat text addon that tells me when im ooc! MSBT works fine if not just spam stealth until you get it, that's what i do.

2. Oremed and snd is the best way to start of if you are gonna start your burst on the target, helps you with energy regen aswell.

3. I premed -> snd -> cheapshot -> dance+shadowblades+on use trinket -> garrote for 16% damage with bleed -> ambush until 5 cp evis -> ambush until 5p kidney -> if he trinkets before i have 5p kidney i cheap shot and do a second evis instead.
    This is how i've always done it, practice on a dummy or a friend you just have to practice to get it right every time!

4. I know some rogues like khuna for example play with subterfuge and so do i when i face warlocks and priests to get a clean sap in arenas. (halo and skill of fire sucks.. D: )
    If you face a team where it's hard to get a clean opener just swap talents before the game starts. Outside of those teams i'd say shadowfocus > all

5. let's say your partner/partners has kept the healer ccd for a few seconds and you shadowdance burst one of the dpsers.. If the healers has done nothing for 6 seconds he's out of combat and he's now sap able hah. I've seen reckful doing some smokebomb saps aswel where the healer runs for the smokebomb and as he enters he's been out of combat for 6 seconds and that's when you can sap him from shadowdance.

6. Lots of rogues play different, sub is viable due to the abillity to shutdown a team and have alot of control. Even if most other classes have the same abillity now it still works. Sub has very good on demand burst.

Anyway sorry for the really messy sentence structure and grammar.. here are some good videos that i watch from time to time!

Khuna is a really good rogue and he's quit good at explaining things..
    This video is updated for MoP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=mZY-CsninXQ#!

Might be more on his wcm account just check it out!
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/pv.php?t=3&l=Khuna
    Other rogues worth checking out are neilyo, reckful and taku. Not sure if any of them have mop vids but the cata videos will probablly work just fine!

*EDIT1, I'll try and find the other videos when i get home! PEACE

Deleted
    Thank you so much! I was hoping for a post exactly like this, explaining everything

Can you also answer another question:

When I get conquest weapons, will it be very bad to take one dagger + one sword, so I can use dagger+sword for sub and sword+dagger for combat. I guess sub prefers 2 daggers for more poisons but I might be wrong?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    Thank you so much! I was hoping for a post exactly like this, explaining everything

Can you also answer another question:

When I get conquest weapons, will it be very bad to take one dagger + one sword, so I can use dagger+sword for sub and sword+dagger for combat. I guess sub prefers 2 daggers for more poisons but I might be wrong?
    No worries! Sub is daggers only sadly i liked to play hemo rogue with swords in cata too haha. But i see your point!
    It's really up to you but 2 daggers is recuired for sub in MoP. Just get 2 daggers and wait a week and get a sword?
    It's to far gone in this season to catch up anyway.. so just get what you want if you wanna play combat and wait for 5.2!