Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mage Tier 15 and Season 13 Preview, No New 5.2 Dungeons, Blue Tweets, Blizzard Gifts

Archon Guide for Solo Farming, DiabloFans - "Holiday in Sanctuary" Giveaway!, Heart of the Swarm Beta Key Giveaway

Mage Tier 15 and Season 13 Armor Sets Preview
    Keep in mind that this is just a preview and the final sets may be different!

Patch 5.2 - No New Dungeons
    Zarhym has confirmed that there are no new 5 player dungeons planned for Patch 5.2.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    PvE
    Whose idea was it to remove "Random Normals" at max level?, and could you fire them?
    Not many players ran them. Most jumped into heroics as soon as they could. Why did you like them? Gearing up for heroic? (Source)

LFR loot system is beyond terrible.Such a way extending content artificially by making no loot to drop.Pathetic..Just pathetic
    The drop rate is the same as it was in 4.3. Just a different mechanic. Gearing is intended to take some time and effort. (Source

Suggestion: For raid lockouts, just lock out rolls for loot, let people run as many raids as they want otherwise.
    Here's our concern: "Main tank, I know you won't get loot but can you run the raid with us for the third time this week?" (Source)

Do the devs think all offtanks really want to dps? I die a little inside with every new 1 tank fight.
    We offer mostly 2 tank fights, but with so many bosses in the game, it's going to get repetitive if they all must be. (Source)

Is the plan in Mists to have raiders go through each raid and let the new ones pile up or use LFR to leapfrog tiers?
    Want to err on the side of the former. If you want to do 5.2 raid, you can gear up in 5.0 LFR. (Source)

Any thoughts to being able to pass the ability to receive loot in LFR if you don't want/need to give others a chance at a roll
    That gets around the point of it being personal. Now players could beg you again. Begging was super awkward. (Source)

Are you happy with tank balance in challenge modes? Most groups seem to strongly prefer a DK tank.
    Death Grip is really good. Shockwave is too though. (Source)

any reason why every weapon in terrace but Regail's Crackling Dagger is sha touched?
    The dagger is intended to be hard to get. (Source)

Do you think shamans could get CD reset on reincarnation on raid wipes? Or at least shorter cd? QoL changes? :P
    Not sure we like the idea of shaman being able to die on every single attempt. (Source)

In ramping up the difficulty on 10N, you now have some guilds used to clearing it for 4 years that now can't. That is not fun.
    You're saying that the current raid tier feels too hard on 10 normal? What bosses are problematic for your group? (Source)

PvP
    Alliance get 25% buff when they control the tower in dominance offensive, but horde only get 1%. It is ridiculous.
    That is based on the H:A ratio of your particular server. (Source)

on a general note if you can`t burst down a healer and you can`t oom a healer what are you supposed to do?
    You should be able to oom a healer. Our plan remains to nerf PvP healing once we feel like burst is solved. (Source)

I hope you arent planning on leaving war/mage nerfs till 5.2 after hotfixing demo... would be incredibly annoying
    We are concerned that trinket nerfs were not sufficient in curbing mage and warrior burst. Discussing options. (Source)
    The nerf to PvP trinkets was pointless. You just nerfed those that didn't need it and kept burst still OP for those who did.
    A trinket with 5000 stats can be 20% dps during the window. That is probably too high for anyone. (Source)
    This was quiet dumb, 10% cooldown? Lets just go get a pve trinket. Also, you only shaved 2 - 3k off damage that still globals.
    You lose a lot of PvP Power (5% DPS maybe) to get the PvE trinkets, but we will take steps if those show up in PvP a lot. (Source)

Just your fault for genius scaling. Why would you grants stats still anyway? Whats pvp power for?
    PvP trinks designed years ago back when 1-2 classes had timers. Now everyone does. Burst trinkets are fine. Numbers just too high (Source)
    Doesn't make sense, fine but "to high". Fine is how they were before. Just admit you didnt want to effect pve.
    The concept of clicky trinkets in PvP is fine. The tuning of PvP trinkets giving 5000 stats is not. (Source)

Seeing mixed feedback about whether all PvP damage is too high or just a few overpowered spec or abilities still. Discuss if interested. (Source)
    I'm not sure how to fix it...but hey, I bet I could if I was getting paid for it!
    Fixing it is easy. Fixing it in the right way is not. It's really unfun in our opinions when you can't kill anyone. (Source)

PVP Power is only marginally better than regular main stats. Thats why it wont stop PVE trinkets in this case.
    But look at the PvE trinkets. Your'e giving up passive PvP Power for expertise. Or you can have clicky secondaries. (Source)

Another Xpac which Casters R extremely dominant + warriors. They hv bttr cc, surv, damage vs. dks/rogues/rets. Caster > melee
    In PvP? Most complaints these days are mage and warrior. (Source)

Honestly though, why do you feel like mages/locks should have both blanket+interrupt in one ability? Makes no sense at all.
    Those two abilities are on our list as well. (Source)
    I'm getting slightly interested in that list. If you can post a blog on some primary PvP balance concerns, awesome!
    Yeah, probably good water cooler fodder. I still owe y'all one on alts as well. So busy... (Source)

The problem is blanket silences. With the amount of burst and silences, you die before you can cast anything.
    Let's break that down more. Counterspell? Spell Lock? Silence? Anything else? (Source)

i was wondering how you feel about removing Hard CC from the game completely.. Would it cause balance issues?
    We think it would cause fun issues. Knowing when to use the right CC feels smart. (Yes you can take it to extremes.) (Source)

What if CC worked so that there is a cast time for targets at range, but targets within melee brings it down to instant cast?
    We'd like to shift more CCs to cast time overall. Instant anything should be rare and we've let it get too common. (Source)

Don't you think removing PVP Power would address many issues players have? Like burst and huge gap in gear between players?
    Players would just use the PvE weapons which have about the same DPS potential. (Source)

I saw Blizzard apologise this morning. You guys need to read more ^^
    Yep. I'll apologize right now that we have overpowered specs in PvP when MoP launched. (Source)
    Mistakes happen; but beta feedback was ignored. You're still not even acting on PvP balance concerns!
    Sure we are. We nerfed Chaos Wave just the other day. Look at the 5.1 patch notes, and I'd bet most of them are PvP nerfs. (Source)

Community is even making surveys for you ! Just make abilities do diff in PvP/PvE game fixed
    Never understood the laser focus on this. Abilities do work differently between PvE and PvP -- just look at CC durations. (Source)

Please admit removing skrimish was a mistake as well and bring it back soonish :>
    I do wish we had not removed it. As I said, not many players used it, but it's clear those players miss it dearly. (Source)

That's the PVE way of thinking. No serious PVPer will ever say that it should be gear=skill let alone gear>skill.
    WoW is an RPG and rewards that improve your character are an RPG staple. Gear is normalized for tournaments where it makes sense. (Source)

Twitter: PVP is ^%^ - No, it doesn't. Forums: - no response. Seems you tweet, because you cant forum.
    Not sure my posting in the forums worked. Players expected a detailed analysis of any passionate post and I don't have that time (Source)

hey there you ever going to do anything about the bots in pvp. oh wait you might avoid this question or give us the usual BS
    It's something we take seriously, but the solutions aren't simple. Do you have suggestions of how to catch more of them? (Source)

what are your honest quick thoughts of why people think Disc pvp is weak?
    Because they see mostly Resto shaman. (Source)

Upgradeable gear is okay for honor gear, but it shouldn't be for Conquest, as it'll take months to catch up. Thoughts?
    Problem with catch up (PvE or PvP) is it encourages everyone to play less. We like playing more to feel like it's worth it. (Source)

Blizzard Christmas Gift and 20 Year Gift
    Nick Carpenter recently shared pictures of this year's Christmas gift (Treasure Goblin Statue) and 20 year service gift (Crown / Mask) on Twitter. There is a short writeup about the 20 year gift on Weta's site.

That crown is seriously so fuggin cool

no new dungeon? meh looks like I have no real reason too play. DAMN YOU RL!

I don't get GC's response to this one:

any reason why every weapon in terrace but Regail's Crackling Dagger is sha touched?
    The dagger is intended to be hard to get. (Source)
    Why exactly is a normal epic w/o a sha touched socket intended to be rare?

Did he misunderstand the question?

i thought that crown was a RING. i woulda bought one if they made it and sold it as a ring.

Deleted
    So as long as they stick to this progression model for raids, we won't see new 5-mans? I really liked it when they added new 5-mans together with a raid.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Protectors has the option to be done for elite loot and that would be a good explanation as to why it is not Sha touched and is intended to be rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    So as long as they stick to this progression model for raids, we won't see new 5-mans? I really liked it when they added new 5-mans together with a raid.
    I don't see why you would. It was a horrible model. When the HoT heroics came out, suddenly to get the best loot you had to spam heroics. It was a joke that HoT loots were better than previous raid gears, especially with how insanely EASY they were.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't see why you would. It was a horrible model. When the HoT heroics came out, suddenly to get the best loot you had to spam heroics. It was a joke that HoT loots were better than previous raid gears, especially with how insanely EASY they were.
    Because I liked the dungeons? If loot is a problem, give them bad loot. I didn't run them only because of the loot, I loved the ICC and Cataclysm/CoT 5-mans.

Afaik, they want you to gear up through every tier of raiding so that they don't suddenly become forgotten. As in Cataclysm, once FL came out, T11 was hardly ever touched again, besides those few who thought it necessary to get the best possible gear. Then HoTs came out with DS and neither Cata heroics now the revamped ZA/ZG were very much seen again let alone BWD, T4W, or BoT. I think they want to see their content being seen by everyone no matter at what point of the game a player started raiding.

That's not to say that there won't be VP gear available that will be on par or barely sub-par the current tier. Even fresh 90's should be able to work on the rep along side veterans to open their opportunity to buy the best gear. The only problem I see with this is that the original factions might not see as much attention when the gear they offer becomes obsolete.

They are also going to continually come out with new scenarios as seen with 5.1. If you're looking for fun content to run with other people, that's where it would be. If your looking for something challenging to run with a group of 5, you might want to go for gold in all challenge modes - also think about challenge mode achievements being changed/added if new 5-mans came out. Would it be fun to just have 1-3 new challenge modes that award a whole new set of xmog gear, mounts and titles; would it be fair to add those requirements to the current achievements, especially to those just on the verge of all gold; would it be compelling enough to add new 5 man dungeons that didn't even have a challenge mode? There are too many people to please and just as many people who would be displeased on the flip side of a decision.
    Last edited by Somebody; 2012-12-27 at 10:23 AM.

Have fun sitting in the 5.0 lfr queue for 3 hours when 5.2 comes. Only to have one wipe and 99% of the raid disband. Then you can do it all again!

Because I liked the dungeons? If loot is a problem, give them bad loot. I didn't run them only because of the loot, I loved the ICC and Cataclysm/CoT 5-mans.
    Hey man, don't get me wrong. I thought the lore parts of the ICC and HoT heroics was great. They were pretty fun. Most of the time, it was 3 people working at it and 2 moochers just getting free stuff. Why? Because it was okay to do that.

I wish "give them bad loot" but I don't think you understand the shit storm of the bitching casuals that would ensue. "why should I do this and get bad loot?" "Why don't I get legendaries from the new 'heroics' QQ"

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrouswheel View Post
    Have fun sitting in the 5.0 lfr queue for 3 hours when 5.2 comes. Only to have one wipe and 99% of the raid disband. Then you can do it all again!
    There is no way you could possibly know that and there are no past events to back up any reasoning. We'll just have to wait and see if it works.

Deleted
    What a joke... 3 Scenarios (+5 from 5.1) and NO new dungeon? GL with your scenarios thingies, which most people dont even do for the quests they are required for.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar View Post
    i thought that crown was a RING. i woulda bought one if they made it and sold it as a ring.
    That's actually a pretty fantastic idea. That thing would look pretty awesome as a ring. I'd buy one as well.

Deleted
    Too bad the mask/crown is only for people without a nose.

omg....I want that crown.....make something similar to it and sell it on the Blizzard store. THAT is something I would throw my dollars at...

Didn't even notice random normals were gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    No it wasn't.. maybe if you have down syndrome you might think they were horrible ideas, but it gave people who couldn't put the time into the game, a way to gear up. Also it wasn't like Dragon soul on normal OR heroic was even hard to begin with. I quit raiding little over a year now, and i would like to see ways to get gear, other than using Looking For Rage. Also the gear people acquired through the HoT heroics was on par with normal Firelands gear, and if you're clearing normal mode raids, gearing for heroics, what does it matter to you anyway? you're previous raid gear will now be replaced by better raid and tier gear. This argument is like the gay marriage argument, It doesn't effect your gameplay, it doesn't cause you any mental or physical harm, so why do you even care if some casual is getting some epics that mean nothing to you in the first place? You have your content, they have theirs.

And honestly blizzard, how can you even say that the looting system is even remotely close to gearing as fast as you would in a 10/25man. I've never sat in blues longer than i have in mists of shitaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Holymuffin View Post
    No it wasn't.. maybe if you have down syndrome you might think they were horrible ideas, but it gave people who couldn't put the time into the game, a way to gear up. Also it wasn't like Dragon soul on normal OR heroic was even hard to begin with. I quit raiding little over a year now, and i would like to see ways to get gear, other than using Looking For Rage. Also the gear people acquired through the HoT heroics was on par with normal Firelands gear, and if you're clearing normal mode raids, gearing for heroics, what does it matter to you anyway? you're previous raid gear will now be replaced by better raid and tier gear. This argument is like the gay marriage argument, It doesn't effect your gameplay, it doesn't cause you any mental or physical harm, so why do you even care if some casual is getting some epics that mean nothing to you in the first place? You have your content, they have theirs.

And honestly blizzard, how can you even say that the looting system is even remotely close to gearing as fast as you would in a 10/25man. I've never sat in blues longer than i have in mists of shitaria.
    No, it is nothing like the gay marriage argument. Stop using straw man arguments. It discounts anything you say. And how do you know seeing the game I have played for a long time being dumbed down for casuals doesn't cause me pain? If you don't have the time to put into an RPG, then don't play one.

What you want is to be able to KEEP UP with people who play more than you. You want as many purples as hardcore players in much less time, and that is bullshit. Did you do H DS? You call it easy, but also imply you only have time to use the LFR. Yes, its harder than the LFR.

You are also probably the same guy that bitches about not getting purples fast enough, then later, typing with a yawn complain about how you have "nothing to do." If you have less time to play, then you should live with getting less for less time. It was a horrible idea. You could easily hit 85, put some cheap BOE pvp gear in your bags, then just spam run HoT heroics, being a little leech on your group mates. THAT is another way it would affect me.