Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Don't worry, you'll get more reps to do dailies for instead.

So many apologists here. Anyway just do your dailes TS that's what this game is now.

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Not many MMOs do it. Cause it pushes ppl away from improving and becoming better players. And thats exactly what LFRs are doing. Leading to BLizzard making sure that every player can do it - and at the same time giving every player the entitlement that playing like crap and relying on other 24 to do the job for you gives you epix.
    Sorry we're all allowed to experience the entire story this time around.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Nothing you say passed this point means anything to what you said last.

You said that LFR dumbs down mechanics and this was a bad thing. Then you said "why do people need to do heroics." You don't want a challenge but you want the "easy mode, sample platter" version of the encounter to be... challenging?
    When the easy mode is part of the only content than ppl will do that first. Leading to less desire to do it again ... and again... and again... The only challenge that majority of players will have for the next 4-6 months or so is to not push the unsub button. Cause yes.. they have seen all the content.

When the easy mode is part of the content than ppl will do that first. Leading to less desire to do it again ... and again... and again... The only challenge that majority of players will have for the next 4-6 months or so is to not push the unsub button. Cause yes.. they have seen all the content.
    You've got a pretty well thought out argument there. No sarcasm here.

If the content was "more difficult" at this point you would certainly see a huge loss in subscriptions. WoW currently seems to run on a "average" system of revolving subscriptions. It's working for them as a company and not so much for a portion of the players.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    I wouldn't even remotely begin to agree with that assessment. First, it was infinitely harder to complete dungeons during tbc. Secondly, dailies and the rep grind was a more direct and guaranteed option to get craftables and gear. It was also the main source of money to obtain flying mount training which was desired by everyone.
    pre TBC. There were no flying mounts to get.

Dude, are you talking about lvl 70 dailies? Cuz get out if you are. I've clearly said lvl 60. No point arguing any more.

When the easy mode is part of the only content than ppl will do that first. Leading to less desire to do it again ... and again... and again... The only challenge that majority of players will have for the next 4-6 months or so is to not push the unsub button. Cause yes.. they have seen all the content.
    Then you have described WoW from six months after its release till now.
    Praise the Quest Writers for they give life to otherwise boring expansions.
    I was wrong about Blizzcon 2014 having nothing interesting to show off: There's a Robot Monk!

Mechagnome
    Most players don't care about challenge anyway, because most players are far more casual than us who visit forums to talk about the game. Allowing them to play raids on Easy in no way invalidates Normal or Hard difficulty except in the minds of a few.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

I don't want to be bottlenecked into 1 or 2 new dungeons. The ZG/ZA patch in Cata was okay for a week, but got ugly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    pre TBC. There were no flying mounts to get.

Dude, are you talking about lvl 70 dailies? Cuz get out if you are. I've clearly said lvl 60. No point arguing any more.
    How much more could you fail at this. You started this out by talking about grinding to get into Steamvaults. At what fucking point did Steamvaults exist in Vanilla?

You never said shit about lvl 60 dailies. I STARTED that by pointing out that dailies for TBC since that was the expansion YOU were originally posted about started at lvl 60. IT WAS YOU who had claimed in your original post that there weren't any Dailies to be had.

Keep up with your own argument or stop because you keep failing over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    I don't want to be bottlenecked into 1 or 2 new dungeons. The ZG/ZA patch in Cata was okay for a week, but got ugly quickly.
    ^^^Same with the DS patch dungeons...I'd rather the need to keep farming the past tier to pick up whatever few pieces I need than to completely invalidate the past months efforts by running the same few dungeons over and over and over again until I just wish Flanders was dead.
    "Brevity is...wit"

This is a perfect example of why humanity is such a awful thing. Each and everyone of the brain dead morons posting posts like this seem to think that the game in question, not just wow but any game they happen to be playing, was designed specifically for them to see to their every need, whim and desire. When they don't like something that is being introduced the game is destroyed, broken, the sky is falling, their parents told them to clean their room and in general the world just got destroyed.

That the millions of people playing the game have different tastes and desire and sometimes something is aimed at a another focus group then the one they them self represent is beyond bloody comprehension.

Also, for the love of some deity, stop writing tittles addressed to Blizzard when you are presenting it to everyone but them.

Great you didn't get new dungeons this tier, if nothing else of what is coming interest you, and you don't have enough to do in game then free your bleeding subscription until content you want comes out.

Yes you have a right to disagree with decisions of a company making a product you buy, you have the right to tell them about your concern. You even have the right to have a small pointless impotent hissy fit about it to random people if you so desire but keep in mind you are presenting yourself to people as a complete fucking brat. Gaining fuck all sympathy for your cause.

Please post without calling other people derogatory names.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2012-12-28 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    ^^^Same with the DS patch dungeons...I'd rather the need to keep farming the past tier to pick up whatever few pieces I need than to completely invalidate the past months efforts by running the same few dungeons over and over and over again until I just wish Flanders was dead.
    I've still not really seen much in the way of complaints as to why bringing back the badge system isn't an option then?
    It allows for new dungeons with drops that don't completely level the use of previous, and it allows for LFR and Previous raid content to still have a use.

Still not seeing the downside to this.

You've got a pretty well thought out argument there. No sarcasm here.

If the content was "more difficult" at this point you would certainly see a huge loss in subscriptions. WoW currently seems to run on a "average" system of revolving subscriptions. It's working for them as a company and not so much for a portion of the players.
    No we would not. TBC had over 11 milion subs. It did not have LFR - and it did not have normals and heroics. and it did not have 10 and 25 mans doing the same content.

As a player that played ever raid content in the game - I have no interest to bother now that LFR is in. Even with 1 special heroic boss. I rather have a good solid learning and gear curve that gives players reason to improve. WOW lost that as early as WOTLK and the subs started falling soon after.

Quote Originally Posted by blib View Post

Yes you have a right to disagree with decisions of a company making a product you buy, you have the right to tell them about your concern. You even have the right to have a small pointless impotent hissy fit about it to random people if you so desire but keep in mind you are presenting yourself to people as a complete fucking brat. Gaining fuck all sympathy for your cause.
    I think some but not all people have a general good idea and reason at times. What would be nice is if people could, oh I don't know, TRY to have real conversations, come up with ideas, and then as a group take it to the mothership and actually WORK together to try and get blizzards attention in a positive way.

I think, somewhere deep down inside, people have that intention at times, but always fail the moment they post it up to the internet.

I've still not really seen much in the way of complaints as to why bringing back the badge system isn't an option then?
    It allows for new dungeons with drops that don't completely level the use of previous, and it allows for LFR and Previous raid content to still have a use.

Badge system? As in BC badges? Can you be a bit more specific about how this would work in, say, a hypothetical patch with 2 new dungeons?

There is a badge system...though it has been revamped and tied to faction QMs (as I'm sure you know). Personally I think that's fine...lots of other people don't.
    "Brevity is...wit"

No we would not. TBC had over 11 milion subs. It did not have LFR - and it did not have normals and heroics. and it did not have 10 and 25 mans doing the same content.

As a player that played ever raid content in the game - I have no interest to bother now that LFR is in. Even with 1 special heroic boss. I rather have a good solid learning and gear curve that gives players reason to improve. WOW lost that as early as WOTLK and the subs started falling soon after.
    Your comment only goes to show one of the growing problems with trying to discuss things with people on the internet let alone with players of WoW in general.

It's delusional to assume that the majority of players who are still subscribed are those who loved all of those aspects from those days. It's much more likely that 70% of the player base came in under the new features and thus would leave if the old ones came about. That's how markets in videogames work. This is actually the issue that is facing the video game industry completely. The mass of original subscribers are more likely to be in the minority and thus not a good business move to revert to for Blizzard. It would probably make for a better game in theory but the application would be appalling.

It's much more beneficial to come up with goals to keep everyone playing and happy and to work collectively to see that happen rather than alienating large portions of the playerbase. However, that requires both humans to work together and for them to work together via the internet. That's unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Most players don't care about challenge anyway, because most players are far more casual than us who visit forums to talk about the game. Allowing them to play raids on Easy in no way invalidates Normal or Hard difficulty except in the minds of a few.
    Yes it does. They should have minimum amount of skills to see the content. Its not like its hard to check few abilities of bosses. As long as the learning curve and the gear curve is casual friendly then there is zero reason and just gamebreaking to see almost every player of the game see ALL the content in LFR when new raids are out. Specially now when less than 1% of the entire playerbase has even bothered with finishing the encounters on normal mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    Badge system? As in BC badges? Can you be a bit more specific about how this would work in, say, a hypothetical patch with 2 new dungeons?
    I actually thought that the system going from TBC into Wrath and ending with Wrath was only needing slight improvements. Badge/Token systems are actually not that horrible compared to what we have now. The issue during Wrath is that they completely negated entire Tiers by downgrading everything, and while that might be fun for some it was also really negative for others as it removed a lot of content from being done.

If anything, that's the system I think should have been built upon for Cata instead of being completely done away with for a system which is still having problems 2 years later.

My outline isn't perfect and welcome to tweaks but I would lay out

Dungeons/Heroics give JP
    Tier raiding gives Tier specific Tokens
    Vendors are created to help with filler gear or trade crafted items as it was in Cata.

Gear is compiled so that you have continual growth in ilvl requiring at least some investment into each Tier of content, but not to the point where either the content is completely shippable as it was in Wrath or too much of a grind as it was in TBC. (again, noting that a lot has changed since TBC and the start of Wrath were having many characters at max level is wayyyyyy more common even for the average player)