Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Didn't TBC have a badge system. Oh wait, it totally did.

You're going off of this as if they WON'T be doing Tier 2 LFR or will NEVER try to do Normal raiding.

You're also still making blanketed statements about TBC which I've yet to see claimed. TBC had it's problems. TBC had a badge system. TBC had some what of a diverse raiding tier option. TBC also had several elements which completely separate it. MANY people didn't have 4+ lvl 70's a month or even a YEAR into the expansion making the options to gear/progress with multiple toons a nightmare. Stop trying to compare things which cannot be done as there are EXTREME differing variables.
    This doesn't change the fact that the mentality of the player base changed a lot

The amount of resources needed for them to add two new dungeons on top of working on new raids, bosses, scenarios, art work, models, mounts, and pets would probably be too much. They're trying to release patches much faster, you can't honestly expect them to be releasing the same amount of content per patch as they did before. Sure, back in the day you got new dungeons, but the patches took months to be released.

No new dungeons? Oh well. It's not the end of the world. Maybe you get could get a job working there and be on the dungeon team to help make new ones all the time? Or maybe post your feedback on the official forums and not a fan run WoW page? Just a few ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    All you blizzard white knights amuse me. Blizzard offers less and less content to us and you rationalize for them. Less and less content but not for less money. You want some new 5 mans to do? Here we got some more daily quests for you. Blizzard might as well be spitting in our faces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I love the fact that people complained about the HoT dungeons and the gear from them letting players skip previous raids that others "worked so hard in". Now, we seem to be begging for them...

It's also amusing that TBC is praised as the best expansion ever and the progression system currently used is, essentially, the same as in TBC. Yet, people seem to hate it so much.

WoW community (obviously, not all of you)... you amuse me.
    I would argue that the current system is essentially different from TBC due to the fact that there are multiple difficulty levels per tier, rather than a single linear journey, but at least they seem to be bringing back the idea that you need to progress through tiers. Whether they'll stick to their guns about it is another matter. The current player base is much more into instant gratification than the playerbase during TBC. Just like the problems they experienced when they tried to make 5 man content require coordination, communication, and CC again in Cata, the attempt to bring back some semblance of tiered progression will likely be faced with severe opposition from a large segment of the current player base.

This game has changed from it's TBC days and the people playing it have changed as well. Whether you think the changes are for the better or for the worse depends on which group you belong to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dravelar View Post
    But what is the point of getting to the level of gear of other people if you are not even going to do the new raid? I mean, one of the things that i liked the most about TBC was that everybody played at their own pace,it didn't bother me if the guy had gear from Illidan while i was still doing Kara,because i knew that he commited more time and effort into that,so he deserves it better.Nowadays everybody wants the best gear available without doing anything to earn it
    Who said you were not going to do the new raid?

It might not have bothered you, but it really bothered the guilds whose raiders were constantly poached by more progressed guilds, leaving them starved and unable to progress, which happened A LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Hm, well, I openly admit the whole PVP thing is an issue, which is why they're offering PVP and PVE only quests next patch. Fortunately, they're learning from their mistakes. Reducing the time to do Dailies this patch was the first step forward.
    Really? I didn't see that. If I knew there was pvp-specific questlines I'd farm conquest gear and head into those prepared. Otherwise I'm just a raider on a PVP server by coincidence.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Dravelar View Post
    This doesn't change the fact that the mentality of the player base changed a lot
    And....??? Is that your only response to having your statements shot down?

If LFR is a system used for those who don't have the ability or availablity to commit to a raiding guild life, then they will still need the gear form LFR-1 to enter into LFR-2 and then on from there.

YOUR statements make it sound as if people are bitching about not getting Heroic 25man gear from LFR so they can "look cool" which hasn't even been remotely hinted at. The complaint is that there is a complete brick wall of RNG which is about to block a lot of people from one aspect of progression, ie LFR. Your attempted comparison to progression being equal to TBC only exists if you ignore reality and any desire to have remote validity.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    What server anyways? I'm on Stormreaver.
    Its irrelevant. I dont want this to start being about how good X or Y server is. I am in a server who is always in FULL status in the server status and i am in the faction with less players.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Because it extends the amount of time a scenario takes by 10-20 minutes.
    If I can solo most scenarios in less than 20 min I fail to see how adding another person would come close to extending them. Hell in most of them you are slowed down by the NPCs and the dialogue more than you are the fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dibbletiki View Post
    The amount of resources needed for them to add two new dungeons on top of working on new raids, bosses, scenarios, art work, models, mounts, and pets would probably be too much. They're trying to release patches much faster, you can't honestly expect them to be releasing the same amount of content per patch as they did before. Sure, back in the day you got new dungeons, but the patches took months to be released.

No new dungeons? Oh well. It's not the end of the world. Maybe you get could get a job working there and be on the dungeon team to help make new ones all the time? Or maybe post your feedback on the official forums and not a fan run WoW page? Just a few ideas.
    Again, if the problem was resources, they should have left dailies out, or scenarios, since both of those were added in 5.1 and dungeons werent.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Really? I didn't see that. If I knew there was pvp-specific questlines I'd farm conquest gear and head into those prepared. Otherwise I'm just a raider on a PVP server by coincidence.
    I think what they mean by it is there's kind of a PVP zone for the quests, and then a caved off PVE zone for those quests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    And....??? Is that your only response to having your statements shot down?

If LFR is a system used for those who don't have the ability or availablity to commit to a raiding guild life, then they will still need the gear form LFR-1 to enter into LFR-2 and then on from there.

YOUR statements make it sound as if people are bitching about not getting Heroic 25man gear from LFR so they can "look cool" which hasn't even been remotely hinted at. The complaint is that there is a complete brick wall of RNG which is about to block a lot of people from one aspect of progression, ie LFR. Your attempted comparison to progression being equal to TBC only exists if you ignore reality and any desire to have remote validity.
    There is no RNG involved son.If you are not lucky with LFR,you can get crafted gear,rep gear,you can do world bosses and stuff.Now if people are not doing any of that,then they won't get upgrades,because they lacked the minimum effort into getting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    The same damm system that caused so many problems that Blizzard, in the same TBC, launched a system to fix it?
    Many of the issues with TBC progression raiding and trying to get caught up were related to getting enough people together to run previous BC raids and side effects from that. Those issues are largely, but not totally, resolved with LFR.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I never said they were the same people. I was just pointing out how funny it is that no matter what, there is always plenty of complaining.

We don't NEED any new dungeons. The only reason any would say so is because of how easy heroics are in this expansion and the fact they could get themselves fully epic-equipped very easily without having to raid or even do LFR. All people want is the gear.
    With 10 millons people, you will always have conflicting opinions. I dont find it that amusing.

And yes, we need new dungeons, because without efficient catch up mechanics, we will be back at TBC problems (like poaching) that were solved by catch up mechanics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    All you blizzard white knights amuse me. Blizzard offers less and less content to us and you rationalize for them. Less and less content but not for less money. You want some new 5 mans to do? Here we got some more daily quests for you. Blizzard might as well be spitting in our faces.
    WTF, did you even read anything about 5.2 before saying that stupid thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post

This game has changed from it's TBC days and the people playing it have changed as well. Whether you think the changes are for the better or for the worse depends on which group you belong to.
    The problem is that people would like more "options" and Blizzard seems to be dead faced as to why those options aren't given. Anyone claiming that the "left" (as it were) wants "free" stuff with zero given is just being an ass. The reality is more like that they don't want to constantly have to do the SAME thing over and over again while not feeling as if they are actually progressing. As I've said before. This constant comparison to TBC falls dead on the fucking floor when you realize that during TBC most people barely had 2 level 70s by the end of the expansion and thus the progression wall was far less apparent.

Gotta admit that's a pretty dumb decision on their part. Most of the playerbase enjoys two things: random bgs and lfd. Moreso than lfr. So I don't see this helping them at all overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I don't see any real adressing of the "problem" her. What would you have expected of the new 5 mans (that aren't coming)?

-new ilv 463 loot? So basically you run that 5 man once for the novelty and again maybe for VPs
    -new ilv 476 loot as an alternate gearing to LFraid? Well...you will have to have done all of the 5.0 LFRaids to access the 5.2 LFRaids
    -or did you expect ilv 500 loot to make HM raidloot obsolete? That is not gonna happen.

So in conclusion there is INDEED no real place for new 5 mans now. HoT and ICC 5 mans as well as BC 5 mans were all included on the last patch of said expansions. So even looking at old x-pacs it is too early for them.
    None. I would have expected 486 ilvl gear, so that you can gear with that to face the new raid and LFR.

Needing to do the previous LFRs ONCE is not even close to doing them for months untill the RNG god decides to give you enough to get to the ilvl neccesary.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Many of the issues with TBC progression raiding and trying to get caught up were related to getting enough people together to run previous BC raids and side effects from that. Those issues are largely, but not totally, resolved with LFR.
    I disagree. Then main problems were getting enough people with enough gear, which LFR doesnt solve since its too slow to work as a catch up mechanism.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm also very disappointed. I love the cozy, adventurous feel dungeons have against the more grandiose raid experience, and getting new dungeons alongside raid patches is a fun mix of content for me.

The MoP tagline "We want you to play how you like" is degenerating rapidly back to "We want you to play how we've suddenly decided is the best way to play this expansion". Which, really, is nothing new for Blizz, but I guess I got taken in by the promise.

It's like every expac the devs sit around a table and come up with what they feel is their BRILLIANT. NEW. PLAN. for how to make the experience JUST. RIGHT. And then it doesn't make them happy so they scrap it and whiplash people into a new design philosophy yet again next opportunity.

I guess that iteration is healthy, because it's not like any of the past approaches have been anything near perfect either, and the game is still a solid, fun experience overall. But it's frustrating when your preferred playstyles are currently out-of-fashion with the devs for the current development cycle.

Oh well. I'm sure within 6-12 months we'll be on to the next great philosophy. Maybe that one will give small-group content credit again.