[5.2] Scorch Change....death of Fire PvP?

I may be overreacting here (I dont have PTR), but I understand the change to the Scorch mana cost was to prevent Arcane Mages from using it in PvE.

But wont this come at a massive detriment to Fire PvP? Its a staple filler spell, I spam it constantly while trying to set up burst.

Im worried it will oom Fire Mages in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryft View Post
    I may be overreacting here (I dont have PTR), but I understand the change to the Scorch mana cost was to prevent Arcane Mages from using it in PvE.

But wont this come at a massive detriment to Fire PvP? Its a staple filler spell, I spam it constantly while trying to set up burst.

Im worried it will oom Fire Mages in PvP.
    You're fairly right on that, though with the new Invoc, you might get away with it, but that again forces you to 1 tier 6 talent.. its still 28 scorches to get to oom and mana regen on top of that, but ye as I was at times running oom with fire in pvp before, this makes me not even wanna touch it..

Deleted
    Isn't Incanter's ward passive mana regen supposed to take care of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuurlol View Post
    In theory no, but in pvp maybe as you can really chain cast scorch all the time now cant you, with my current haste(arcane pve), it will take around 100 scorches to run oom with Incanter's passive. And thats with chain casting, which you cant really do in pvp anyways, plus you have a mana gem aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Kuurlol View Post
    Ive been PvP'ing in the 85-89 bracket as I am only level 86, so Im not familiar (yet) with the talent you are referring to.

You may well be correct.

It's an arcane pve nerf. You shouldn't be spamming scorch as fire anyway.

Ahhh, always the jugling between PVP and PVE...

Blizzard will never win this game...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    Ahhh, always the jugling between PVP and PVE...

Blizzard will never win this game...
    Of course. WoW is a PvE game at its core, with PvP tacked on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Blizzard hates fire pvp with a passion and they absolutely love frost. I think Blizz likes to force players into one spec for pvp despite what people say to allow balancing to be easier. Thats why we haven't had a single season where frost wasn't the best overall spec. It's pretty true with other classes, ie paladin-holy, warlock-affliction, warrior-arms, rogue-sub, shaman-resto ect.

Ofcourse there have been small windows of exception but I think thats just mistaken over buffs by Blizzard. I would like just one season where I do not feel forced to pvp as frost.

Deleted
    Why do I feel like my favorite spec is getting beaten with a huge stick until its squashed into the ground in pieces?

I mean I could see we were OP in damage ofcourse, but isn't it not nerfed enough now? :S I mean people are saying Arcane does more damage now lol..

Deleted
    Blizzard should do what they did with Spellsteal, for Arcane, make scorch cost 3.5% base mana and for fire, keep it at 0.1% base mana, which is basically the same as spellsteal with 63k mana for fire, and much less for Arcane.

The quicker Blizz realises that PvP and PvE should be classed as 2 totally seperate entities the better. Trying to tweak and hotfix classes because of lack of control/power/survivability in one, usually ends up with a class being OP in the other. This leads to endless rage on the forums and many hours of face-planting keyboards in frustration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Blizzard hates fire pvp with a passion and they absolutely love frost. I think Blizz likes to force players into one spec for pvp despite what people say to allow balancing to be easier. Thats why we haven't had a single season where frost wasn't the best overall spec. It's pretty true with other classes, ie paladin-holy, warlock-affliction, warrior-arms, rogue-sub, shaman-resto ect.

Ofcourse there have been small windows of exception but I think thats just mistaken over buffs by Blizzard. I would like just one season where I do not feel forced to pvp as frost.
    It's not an issue of them hating one spec more than the other. It's an issue of them lacking any sort of direction for what they want the Mage class to be about; hardly surpising given nobody on the development team actually mains a mage.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 10:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ráam View Post
    The quicker Blizz realises that PvP and PvE should be classed as 2 totally seperate entities the better. Trying to tweak and hotfix classes because of lack of control/power/survivability in one, usually ends up with a class being OP in the other. This leads to endless rage on the forums and many hours of face-planting keyboards in frustration.
    Again, they are avoiding this because 'they don't want to have to have people learning two different rotations'. That is their excuse, I am not saying it is valid. Fact of the matter is that rotations tend to change in PvP anyway since sustained damage is ranked behind burst.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.