BM Gearing question/problem

I've got a slight issue with gearing for BM and I'm wondering if anyone can help me out. I've tried doing sims on FD but haven't come to a solid conclusion as to what I should do.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pbeep/advanced

My first question is about the 4piece tier set. I'm unsure if I should swap out my 509 legs and 496 gloves for LFR tier pieces in order to make a 4set. FD says it's a 4k DPS loss to take the 4set but I'm not sure if it is correct as I thought the BM 4set was very strong.

My second issue is I'm unsure what I should spend my valor on for ilvl upgrades. I'm currently at 3k valor and have another 700 to gain this week so I need to spend some this week. I'm unsure if I should be upgrading my LFR gun (FD showed it as a 1.3k DPS increase for 2/2 ugprade) which will be temporary until I get the normal mode version of it or if I should upgrade something else, if so, what?

The 4 set is very strong, but losing the agility from 26 and 13 ilvls will outweigh it. Your legs are literally two tiers higher than LFR gear.

If you have good trinkets/normal gun, I'd upgrade those first. I took my 496 Taoren to 504 ASAP because the weapon damage is the biggest initial DPS boost. I then upgraded my relic of Xuen, and my H-Bottle.

Some items after that:

H-wrists off H-Stone Guard are essentially BiS if you can't buy the 509 wrists off the BMAH. That was next on my list.

If you have some H-bosses on farm in HoF, the cloak off Garalon and the neck off H-Blade Lord are BiS, I'd go for those. Obviously tier hands off H-Wind Lord (those are considered the "easy bosses" in H-HoF).

Otherwise, the H-Fetters off H-Gara'jal will be BiS until H-Shadowgrip, which is off H-Sha, so you could upgrade that.

After that it gets murky - I'd pool VP til I got a good piece from H-HoF/ToES rather than spend it off of something from H-MSV.

Deleted
    yeah dont swap out until you get normal tier atleast.

I got similar issue. Got 4 set (all normal exept HC gloves) and also have HC legs/chest non set. If i replace heroic items to gain 2nd set bonus (wich is rly nice especialy for BM) i loose like 260agi total, like 40 dps and like 1,5 % of crit. Im still unsure wich is beter.

6sec more duration of BW vs 260agi, 40dps, 1,5% crit...

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The 4 set is very strong, but losing the agility from 26 and 13 ilvls will outweigh it. Your legs are literally two tiers higher than LFR gear.

If you have good trinkets/normal gun, I'd upgrade those first. I took my 496 Taoren to 504 ASAP because the weapon damage is the biggest initial DPS boost. I then upgraded my relic of Xuen, and my H-Bottle.

Some items after that:

H-wrists off H-Stone Guard are essentially BiS if you can't buy the 509 wrists off the BMAH. That was next on my list.

If you have some H-bosses on farm in HoF, the cloak off Garalon and the neck off H-Blade Lord are BiS, I'd go for those. Obviously tier hands off H-Wind Lord (those are considered the "easy bosses" in H-HoF).

Otherwise, the H-Fetters off H-Gara'jal will be BiS until H-Shadowgrip, which is off H-Sha, so you could upgrade that.

After that it gets murky - I'd pool VP til I got a good piece from H-HoF/ToES rather than spend it off of something from H-MSV.
    Thanks for the list, but my current issue is that I'm VP capped at 3k but still have valor to get this week. If I was to sit at 3k I'd be wasting it on nothing so I'm wondering what out of my current pieces I should be upgrading first.

I'm thinking I should upgrade the 509 legs and then be aiming to get Tier Helm, Shoulders, Chest and Gloves and keeping the non-set legs until Heroic Elite protectors for the BiS shoulders (which will be quite far away).
    Last edited by Glurp; 2012-12-28 at 02:57 PM.

I listed all those things in hope you might have them, I guess I didn't check your armory.

Looking at your gear right now, I'd upgrade Xuen first. BiS trinkets are H-Bottle followed closely by H-Mists and Relic, and it seems like you guys are somewhat far from H-Elegon (at 1/16H) and really far from H-Lei Shi. If you upgrade it fully, and get nothing else worthwhile this week, the legs next week would be a good plan.

I've upgraded the Xuen 2/2 already, I'm not sure why the armory doesn't show it properly. The guild I'm in has H Elegon on farm but I only joined recently and we aren't going back to mogu until we do Will on Heroic (current 5/6 H Mogu and 2/6 H HoF).

I think I will upgrade my legs first, thanks.

Deleted
    yeah do your legs for now until you get a trinket or weapon.

So, I have heroic off-tier pieces in legs and hands (off H-Blade Lord and H-Garalon, so both 509). I have both hands and legs normal tier, equipping them would give me my 4pc.

Whaddya all think? Lose a tier on 2 pieces to gain 4pc?

As an aside: We have H-Wind Lord on farm, so I'll have the heroic hands eventually, and we're about two good hours worth of attempts from killing H-Ambershaper, so probably will get the heroic legs at some point.

FD is showing about a 1k difference (in favor of the two 509 pieces).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    So, I have heroic off-tier pieces in legs and hands (off H-Blade Lord and H-Garalon, so both 509). I have both hands and legs normal tier, equipping them would give me my 4pc.

Whaddya all think? Lose a tier on 2 pieces to gain 4pc?

As an aside: We have H-Wind Lord on farm, so I'll have the heroic hands eventually, and we're about two good hours worth of attempts from killing H-Ambershaper, so probably will get the heroic legs at some point.

FD is showing about a 1k difference (in favor of the two 509 pieces).
    for bis list HC Tier legs and hands are both bis items. so for now id take them for the sake of 1k until you get the other bits to fit in.