That "Oh YEA that just clicked" Moment

I just had one of those rare moments where after hours of fiddling with something trying to get it just right it finally falls into place. After trying many different specs swapping in and out equipment, re-gemming/reforging and re-gemming/reforging again. I finally got that Fire Mage feel down. I don't know if this would work for all mages or even will work after I get better gear but it just feels right, right now.

I used SIM-CRAFT to get my stat weights it suggested that I Haste(2.41) weighted much more than Crit(2.16) for my gear, that seamed weird, however I decided I would give it a shot. I then plugged the weights into AskMrRobot, re-gemmed and reforged again.

The play is streaky and unpredictable, with crits that seem to run together, but often enough keep my attention. I have the 4 piece set so Combustion seems to always be up. It is difficult to explain but it just feels right. It may not be the most efficient way to play but it is fun.

Anyone else have that moment where you just cackle with glee when that spec finally fits the way you want to play?

Deleted
    Gratz bro :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Haste Arcane Mage feels exactly like my rogue at times makes me feel happy.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Haste Arcane Mage feels exactly like my rogue at times makes me feel happy.
    This comment made me smile.
    Now I want to try haste!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Franksredhot View Post
    This comment made me smile.
    Now I want to try haste!
    I use the Arcanometer Addon, which shows your mana bar from 80-100% (so if depleted, you are sub-80) so with how fast it refills and depletes it feels like an energy bar. Only thing is you don't use Barrage to "spend" your combo points (charges).
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

I tried arcanometer, but in my mind the mana condition is literally a binary state with the scorch weaving.

So I decided to go with a conditioned icon in TellMeWhen that just shows scorch at mana 90 - 92% and that white sad ghost face icon if between 80 and 90. If scorch is there, I know I am on track to scorch or missles. If I see Mr. WTF face, then I know I'm needing to mana gem or adjust to regain my mana.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    LocNess - Thanks so much for the addon mention. I am overhauling my raiding UI this weekend, and I wanted to implement new tools as I attempt to master the Invocation-style of Arcana. I like this because it will definitely carry over its usefulness should the PTR 5.2 notes all come to fruition.