Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Yes because farming honour to do something you really think is fun is not a good system.

    First I have to level to 90 which I can deal with and then I have to farm honour which blows ass and then wait X weeks long boring wait to then get full Conquest Gear, to even be able to play competitive arenas, with the upgrade conquest gear it's even more waiting and getting above 2400 without full Conquest gear is impossible, 2200 can be done in blues but anything above that is impossible but anything above 2400 without upgraded gear is almost impossible.

  2. #22
    I think conquest is a way bigger problem than honor at the moment. I just got my monk to 90 a few weeks ago and I can't play it competitively (well, ignore that it's a monk, pretend it's a warrior) until next season.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Inahu View Post
    It might or might not help. In any event, it's another piece of information that can be used to identify a cheater. On the whole pre-paid card issue, that's one thing I've thought should be dumped for quite a while, but for a completely different reason (it's another method for people under 18 to play the game, and I'd just rather they didn't).

    And yes, that is exactly my idea. I honestly wouldn't care if your friends were banned in Vanilla and could never play again. I wouldn't care if my friends were banned and could never play again if they cheated in an MMORPG, moreso if it was something they agreed not to do when they signed up.

    Honestly, I've cheated in video games before. Single-player offline video games where my score or performance isn't submitted to any sort of scoreboard. If you're cheating in an online game, or a game where your scores obtained through cheating are being submitted against those who played fairly, you deserve everything that you get for the negative impact you make on others' experience in that game.



    Blizzard already retains the right to terminate your access to their accounts at any time, for any or no reason, with or without notice. I know more about what you clumsily described as "legal aspects" than you might suspect, or know yourself (as I suspect), though I must admit I'm not intimately aware of the minutiae of Blizzard's ToS/EULA structure at different levels (such as battle.net account, WoW service, Starcraft service, etc).

    The only way in which it would be costly to Blizzard is that they would not continue to earn subscription fees from banned accounts. They reserve the right to ban those accounts right after the monthly subscription payment goes through, although that'd be perhaps a little too shrewd.
    The bottom line is that maximizing profit is priority, hence this is a stupid and unrealistic idea. Read: not going to happen.

  4. #24
    Brewmaster Orangetai420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    1,271
    I think they just need a better way for players to police their own BGs.

    Its just a tough balance between giving players the tools to fight bots without real players getting griefed.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by macke View Post
    Yes because farming honour to do something you really think is fun is not a good system.

    First I have to level to 90 which I can deal with and then I have to farm honour which blows ass and then wait X weeks long boring wait to then get full Conquest Gear, to even be able to play competitive arenas, with the upgrade conquest gear it's even more waiting and getting above 2400 without full Conquest gear is impossible, 2200 can be done in blues but anything above that is impossible but anything above 2400 without upgraded gear is almost impossible.
    so what you basicly ask for blizzard to is:

    hey blizz i suck at my old class so i rerolled to fotm. but now i want to be 2400+ but i can't because poeple who didn't roll fotm and put effort and time in there char got gear i can't reach yet. so i qq at forum for the honor system not being fair...


    if people put time and effort in there char they should get rewared for it. its your fault you missed the first 3 month of a season

  6. #26
    Epic! -Skye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, UK.
    Posts
    1,661
    Start collecting/look at data on how much honor is earned on average per person per bg.

    Stop giving honor from kills.

    Make BG's reward the average honor per person for a win / split it up for objectives.

    EG. On average people get 300 honor from a wsg win/including kills etc.

    New system; 100 honor per flag your team caps.

    Solves the problem of 'whore' killers and makes people focus more on the objectives.

    (Numbers are pulled from my ass, don't take them literally).
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Nah, I disagree with your elitist mentality.
    Tier gear should be available during the leveling process. I don't want to have to mingle with these eltitist jerks in LFR to get gear as it is. I pay a sub fee, I shouldn't have to do LFR to get raid gear, much less Flex or Normal.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    Stop giving honor from kills.
    Sorry but I stopped reading here.

  8. #28
    Epic! -Skye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, UK.
    Posts
    1,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffy View Post
    Sorry but I stopped reading here.
    Good to know that you're not open to different ideas, that your mind is so closed that you wouldn't even read one ^^.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Nah, I disagree with your elitist mentality.
    Tier gear should be available during the leveling process. I don't want to have to mingle with these eltitist jerks in LFR to get gear as it is. I pay a sub fee, I shouldn't have to do LFR to get raid gear, much less Flex or Normal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •