Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blargh312 View Post
    There's no need for this in PvP or PvE.
    I agree.
    PvP POV it's as if Priest aren't hard enough to kill already, now they want to Mind Flay me while kiting me with those horrible dots ticking? No thanks!
    From a PvE POV, I never had an issue on mobility fights like Spirit Kings, Garalon etc
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    Mind Flay also slows the target, is that correct? So, if a Priest dots a melee, then starts running while slowing/kiting/damaging him with Mind Flay seems fair?
    Just for a rather silly second I'd like you to consider that, not one, but several classes have such an ability. It's considered fair for them, because, for several, such abilities are long standing.

Lets say the melee finds a way to get in melee range,
    Do you live in some sheltered, cloistered little world where melee classes lack gap closers, speed increases, ways to interrupt casting, ways to lock out schools, and ways to break snares and other CC? Because I don't.

From personal experience, from the melee side of things, the sign of a well played melee class against those classes good at kiting is your ability to deal with, and overcome, that fact. It's entirely possible to overcome the existing classes that can kite. It would be entirely possible to overcome a shadow priest that could kite. From the perspective of both a Shadow Priest and melee, as well as other casters/ranged, I can think of no lack of ways to get around and counter mind flay on the move.

-

Now, is it 'needed' ? Personally, I don't think so. I wouldn't mind it, at all, but I definitely don't feel like I 'need' mindflay on the move.
    Last edited by Purple; 2012-12-28 at 03:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idea:

Glyph of Masochism.

Your Mind Flay can be used while moving, but also limits your movement speed by 30% while channeling.

Allows limited mobility while DPSing, a la Kil'jaeden's Cunning or Unleashed Lightning. Restricts your ability to kite slightly more than it would without the glyph, but not too much to make it overpowered.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

This idea is a terrible idea. Why?! Why not!

"Glyph of Mind Flay, Allows Mind Flay to be cast while moving but now slows the caster by the same % instead of the target"

It's still an uneccessary change and a horrible idea...

I would very much like this chage, but at the same time this would pretty much kill off dstar usage.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    How about a glyph?
    Glyph of Mind Flay
    You can now move while casting Mind Flay, but your Mind Flay no longer slows the target.

Would give priests som filler mobility and not make it OP for PvP.
    What are you talking about? People are already complaining about Spriest damage in PvP.

The only real good argument I've seen in this thread is the lack of mobility on movement heavy fights in raids. IMO the best way to fix that is nerfing other classes.

I personally hate how people complain about other classes being able to do stuff they can't and Blizzard handle it by giving it to everyone instead of just tuning it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Psilar View Post
    This idea is a terrible idea. Why?! Why not!

"Glyph of Mind Flay, Allows Mind Flay to be cast while moving but now slows the caster by the same % instead of the target"

It's still an uneccessary change and a horrible idea...
    Unnecessary is right. Shadow doesn't need MF while moving for PvP, and it won't solve shadow's issues in PvE. Aside from the "other classes have it so I want it" mentality, I see no reason why any priest would want this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

*waves Jedi hands*

This is not the buff you are looking for...

10+ Year Old Account
    No, there are already way too much classes able to cast while moving in PvP, and Shadow Priest should definitely not be added to that list. Running while channeling Mind Flay and perpetually slowing your target? No thanks!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    *waves Jedi hands*

This is not the buff you are looking for...
    Then what is?

OT: Despite all people saying it will be OP, it wont be people complain to much, and half of them dont even know what strafing is.. and removing the slow and make it into a glyph will just be somethng no one picks.. cus there are way better glyphs for shadow atm. the slow is key in RBG or heck even arena. To make it move while casting aint gonna be gamebreaking the QQers will always be there. I see this as a quality of life change.

Edit: Dont worry about me saying this or make some f'ed up comment on it, it wont happen anyway, those are just dreams.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2012-12-28 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post
    Then what is?

OT: Despite all people saying it will be OP, it wont be people complain to much, and half of them dont even know what strafing is.. and removing the slow and make it into a glyph will just be somethng no one picks.. cus there are way better glyphs for shadow atm. the slow is key in RBG or heck even arena. To make it move while casting aint gonna be gamebreaking the QQers will always be there. I see this as a quality of life change.

Edit: Dont worry about me saying this or make some f'ed up comment on it, it wont happen anyway, those are just dreams.
    IDK...less bursty so you can get increased sustained, to start with?

SW:Pain/VT tick for more (say 20%?), DP less (say 10%?), Mind Blast hit for more (say 20%?), but the procs from DI hit less (say 25%?).

Number tweaking isn't my thang, but Priest mobility shouldn't an issue in PvE (I want more instant heals as a Shaman/Pally, damn you!) and SPriests are pretty strong in arenas as is (because of burst?).

Asking for quality of life changes...where do you draw the line? Free epic in my mailbox every day would be a QoL change. /shrug

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    IDK...less bursty so you can get increased sustained, to start with?

SW:Pain/VT tick for more (say 20%?), DP less (say 10%?), Mind Blast hit for more (say 20%?), but the procs from DI hit less (say 25%?).

Number tweaking isn't my thang, but Priest mobility shouldn't an issue in PvE (I want more instant heals as a Shaman/Pally, damn you!) and SPriests are pretty strong in arenas as is (because of burst?).

Asking for quality of life changes...where do you draw the line? Free epic in my mailbox every day would be a QoL change. /shrug
    Asking for quality of life change happends all the time via hotfixes. Free epic in mailbox... wait.. nono man i find that one hell of a weird referance.

Sure, some number tweaking would be nice to see. We are a dot class but our dots barely do any damage. Even warrior bleeds are doing more damage.It sucks to have most of our damage comes from procs. I think u can call this (holy power issue cata) DP is templar.. but realy some fixes (quality of life changes) would be sweet. Dont get it wrong i love the playstyle it's my current main, but i do see some issues that we have seen before in cata.

This isn't a QQ thread to begin with, people are making suggestions all the time.

I dont know about pve shadow but no one ever picks up the Mindflay glyph, if u do u gonna miss out the important ones. I would love to see something changed to that glyph, Shaman/warlock all get stuff to make casting while moving available. Heck shamans even got 2 1 glyph for lightning and 1 spell for all.
    hunters in 5.1 got.. You see where i am going to? Making that glyph change to moving while mindflaying aint hurting anyone sir.

I hope we will see something happen in 5.2 but according to some tweets from Ghostcrawler we will likely see nerfs coming. I hope lifeswap will get a not useable in arena treatment, i understand it isn't fair. But call shadow to bursty (pet 3 min cd, trinket, Dp) would be lame if they nerf stuff there cus it's the only way to get the dps rolling in the first place.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2012-12-28 at 04:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, a ranged slow on the move. Brilliant.

I'm sorry, but if you're going to get a ranged slow, then what class will actually counter you? Every class and spec has counters. Learn to deal with it or simply reroll :/

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dont come here just saying to reroll, people have been talking about this for some time on the forums.

Deleted
    Moving well casting as shadow would be soo damn cool xD
    hard casting sooo lame in pvp you stand still with bar over your head saying stun,silence,fear, kick me etc.
    thats this issue with shadow if you are left alone you wreck but if you got melee on you who is decent oh god you quickly
    start getting frustrated. Any other Spriest hate warriors with a passion? they are by far the worst class for me.
    Soo yes I'd welcome some movement changes.
    "crappy pvp'er nerdrage wish" I'd also like a shadow orb CD yes it would be op but who cares warrior mages etc can frontload there damage instantly we have to wait for 3 mind blasts and getting them off V good players sucks xD or make power infusion let you be immune to interupts kinda like warlock thingy ma bob

IMO, melee should never have been able to attack and deal 100% of their DPS while moving, while casters have to stand still. That very basic fact of WoW has been the underlying cause of so many balance problems since day 1.

The sickness is so bad that some people are actually going to defend the mechanic itself, believing it to be right and good. A bone that heals wrong restructures everything around it.

Either both melee and ranged should be able to deal all or the majority of their damage while moving, or nobody should. That would be so much easier to balance around.

The way I see things, the growing ranks of "cast while moving" abilities is nothing but the game slowly but surely evolving back to a system that makes sense.

Deleted
    I would NOT like to be able to move while casting Mind Flay.. I for one like having to plan ahead, and take small steps during GCD (or instants) to not have any downtime.. I feel like things like that is one of the signatures of a good range player.
    Not to mention the fact that being able to DPS on the run should stick to being melees niche, where as range has their "safer" position and easier target switching.

I guess it would be sorta acceptable if there would be a substantial damage decrease if cast while moveing.. But the way hunters and locks are able to cast on the move, with little to no penalty, is just retarded and extremely gamebreaking imho.

This is all from a PvE pov. I do not PvP, so wont comment on that.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomu View Post
    I would NOT like to be able to move while casting Mind Flay.. I for one like having to plan ahead, and take small steps during GCD (or instants) to not have any downtime.. I feel like things like that is one of the signatures of a good range player.
    Not to mention the fact that being able to DPS on the run should stick to being melees niche, where as range has their "safer" position and easier target switching.

I guess it would be sorta acceptable if there would be a substantial damage decrease if cast while moveing.. But the way hunters and locks are able to cast on the move, with little to no penalty, is just retarded and extremely gamebreaking imho.

This is all from a PvE pov. I do not PvP, so wont comment on that.
    I see but thats just how pve works getting the right rotation and dont fuck up things or els u would lose dps. In PVP it's all situational you dont follow a rotation realy.

I like ur way of thinking Annesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    IMO, melee should never have been able to attack and deal 100% of their DPS while moving, while casters have to stand still. That very basic fact of WoW has been the underlying cause of so many balance problems since day 1.

The sickness is so bad that some people are actually going to defend the mechanic itself, believing it to be right and good. A bone that heals wrong restructures everything around it.

Either both melee and ranged should be able to deal all or the majority of their damage while moving, or nobody should. That would be so much easier to balance around.

The way I see things, the growing ranks of "cast while moving" abilities is nothing but the game slowly but surely evolving back to a system that makes sense.
    Evolving back to a system that makes sense?

I hate to break this to you, but, after all, this is a role playing game. The very concept of casting spells requires a certain level of concentration. Moving is essential in melee combat in reality, and if magic were real, do you really believe that reciting intricate incantations, which possibly require "drawing" certain sigils and runes with ones fingers or a magical implement such as a dagger as you cast them, would be plausible while moving? Spellcasting requires mental concentration, swinging a weapon requires physical strength and agility. It's a lot easier to swing a weapon while running than it is to read aloud from a book while running. The concept of instant casts direct damage spells being weaker comes from the spellslinging concept. Your not casting a spells as much as you are quickly channeling your innate magical power.

And realistically, Hunters shouldn't get to move while casting Steady/Aimed shot either.

The whole concept of a Mage being equally as effective in head-to-head melee-range combat as a Warrior is plain silly. You're in the Warrior's arena now. Get the fuck away from the big ass axe of his, or you're going to get chopped up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    There's some similarity between Mind Flay and my Elemental Shaman his Lightning Bolt: both are essentially filler moves that are 'spammed' until something more important either comes off cooldown or RNG procs pop. The big difference is that you can essentially clip MF and not LB, then again MF has a longer duration.

Why not a similar glyph then? Mind Flay can now be cast while moving at the cost of x% DPS (similar to the relative DPS loss of a 5% elongated LB compared to a regular LB when standing still). On stationary fights you would drop the glyph and use your plethora of instant/procs to deal with the infrequent movement phases, while on movement fights you would take the glyph, be able to cast an MF filler on the move, at the cost of stationary MF DPS but in effect increasing your DPS since it can be used while moving.

If I'm not mistaken, both MF and LB consist of about 12-15% of your total DPS most of the time, right?