Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarnaxxx View Post
    My suggestion would be similar to the current glyph of mind flay. You insert a major glyph into the game which allows you to mind flay on the run but in return it removes the "slow" feature of the spell.

Thoughts?
    Or adds a 5% cast time like shamans have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Or adds a 5% cast time like shamans have.
    Beat you to it, but I'm not sure if you can really compare that. For Shamans it's a loss to interrupt the LB cast, while for Shadow Priests (correct me whenever I'm wrong), it's generally considered to be a DPS gain to clip a MF after a tick?
    In a sense the 5% longer cast time, and thus incremental spreading of the ticks (that would sum to 5%), would have a smaller effect than the 5% increased cast time on a full LB, since it's likely you'll have a proc/ability ready before you finish your full MF channeling duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    It seems some people bring this up as a PvP concern. May I ask why?
    *looks at armory* It's ok, a pve hero wouldn't understand anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    I'm out of the loop, but do spriests need the added survivability that flay on the run would give them?

Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post
    Vt-cast
    MB-cast
    MF- channeld (horrible damage)

MF on the move would be a welcome change.
    He said ADDED survivability. Priests already have bubbles, instant/hots, and quick heals. a variety of fears. I don't think priests need more survivability. If so, this would have to replace one of your talents, and have a movement penalty like the Warlock's MG. But it would also have to have a bigger movement penalty due to all the Priest's abilities to survive already.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockrocker75 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    I'm out of the loop, but do spriests need the added survivability that flay on the run would give them?

He said ADDED survivability. Priests already have bubbles, instant/hots, and quick heals. a variety of fears. I don't think priests need more survivability. If so, this would have to replace one of your talents, and have a movement penalty like the Warlock's MG. But it would also have to have a bigger movement penalty due to all the Priest's abilities to survive already.
    Agree, but removing something as of exchange is a bad idea, to add something in terms of a suffer would be good, example 1 or 2 les ticks make the slow nog 50% but 25% or what ever.

But if they made Power word:I to change something like that, might be cool cus it sucks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Evolving back to a system that makes sense?

I hate to break this to you, but, after all, this is a role playing game. The very concept of casting spells requires a certain level of concentration. Moving is essential in melee combat in reality, and if magic were real, do you really believe that reciting intricate incantations, which possibly require "drawing" certain sigils and runes with ones fingers or a magical implement such as a dagger as you cast them, would be plausible while moving? Spellcasting requires mental concentration, swinging a weapon requires physical strength and agility. It's a lot easier to swing a weapon while running than it is to read aloud from a book while running. The concept of instant casts direct damage spells being weaker comes from the spellslinging concept. Your not casting a spells as much as you are quickly channeling your innate magical power.

And realistically, Hunters shouldn't get to move while casting Steady/Aimed shot either.
    While I like your "role-playing" perspective on the subject (it's something I often think about myself), there are two effective and obvious counter-points.

#1: Role-playing should never negatively affect gameplay.

#2: Uh, no. You can not accurately swing a sword or stab someone while running. You can swing wildly and maybe hit, but not with the effectiveness that "100% of your melee dps" implies. So maybe a good balance would be something like, your white hits can be made while running but your specials have a cast time, which would nicely mirror the existing caster paradigm of having a few instants but much of your damage must be hard-cast.

Also...

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    The whole concept of a Mage being equally as effective in head-to-head melee-range combat as a Warrior is plain silly. You're in the Warrior's arena now. Get the fuck away from the big ass axe of his, or you're going to get chopped up.
    Who said Mages should be equally effective in melee range as a Warrior? I never said anything close to that.

glyph that allows movement, but gets rid of the slow.

seems like a fair trade off
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Sounds like an affliction warlock with cunning of kil'jeaden, except that the affliction warlock has an ability to cause instant application of dots+ protection, ability to apply a curse to slow someone without channeling, boost speed through hp sacrifice, shield immunity. Only tradeoff is that the warlock in question gets a few sec debuff in reduced movement. Can be activated to cast it while moving though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    glyph that allows movement, but gets rid of the slow.

seems like a fair trade off
    Not in terms of PvE. There has to be some form of tradeoff that makes it superior to glyph for movement during movement heavy fights, but not during stationary fights, making it a less mandatory glyph overall and more a fight-specific decision the Priest has to make. If MF would lose its slow as a tradeoff for being able to cast while moving, you might as well make the on-the-move MF baseline.

And afaik, the need for this MF on the move is largely driven by PvE concerns.

Again, similar to Glyph of Unleashed Lightning.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2013-01-02 at 02:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy solve: gain mobility with MF but loose the slow- via talent or glyph. The problem is that during boss fights, which who cares about slow, we have NOTHING we can do while moving except 1) pray for a procced MB or MB if specced for it but it is in no way guaranteed 2) IF the target is low health SWD which is limited 3) cast SWP over an dover for the insta-tiy bit of dmg it does. We have no options so something would be nifty.

WoW since '06, Army wife since '09, U of MD Law

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    Mind Flay also slows the target, is that correct? So, if a Priest dots a melee, then starts running while slowing/kiting/damaging him with Mind Flay seems fair? Lets say the melee finds a way to get in melee range, then the Priest fears, roots him, dots again and kites again with mind flay..... I dont see it happening in reality. Nice to dream about it though!
    what is the problem hunters are doing that right now maybe they should just make a cd you could pop and then run with mindflay in a period we priest dont have a lot of cd at the moment

Penance is a channel while moving spell, if you have the glyph. Seems like the mechanics are already in place.

The glyph allows you to mind flay while moving, but removed the slow component (or maybe reduced to 10% or something).

Yes plz!

The current mindflay glyph is close to what we want. It gives you speed boost while dropping its slow debuff. I think giving spriest a mindflay on the move would somehow increase spriest's dps abit.

As for the poster who mentioned that spriest has lots of instant casts, those are RNG and not reliable im pretty sure there are times in where half of the fight or killing an you get to proc what so ever and just spam flay, vp and swp.

Another thing i want to return is the swp refresh mechanic. I don't understand why blizz had to remove it, hunters still has the serpent sting mechanic, so whats the difference ?

If the glyph not only removed the snare, but also dropped Flay's cast speed by 10% or so while moving, would that be balanced?

10+ Year Old Account
    IMHM, removing the slow and making it usable while moving as a major glyph is probably the best idea.
    Originally Posted by cutterx2202
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The glyph of mindflay how it works right now is far from usefull IMO.

I don't see the point in being able to move while casting mindflay. Only reason why shamans got the LB glyph is because they have nothing to spam while moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Sipep View Post
    I don't see the point in being able to move while casting mindflay. Only reason why shamans got the LB glyph is because they have nothing to spam while moving.
    You must be a living proc machine or have the completely wrong idea about SW:P's instant damage on application if you think Shadow can compare to Mages/Warlocks/Hunters/Eleshams during movement.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowheals View Post
    Even if cast on the move, there is still a facing issue. Unless you were flaying while backpedaling.
    not sure if serious or trolling

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just came up with something!
    what about changing Mindflay glyph to: Afther a completed Mindflay cast your next mindflay will be able to cast while moving.

It doesn't make it so u will see Spriest jump all over the place with mindflay but it still gives u something outside SW:P to cast while moving but having it so u still need to cast a mindflay in order to receive the buff.