Give your "Happy Bday" to an autistic boy without friends.!

The boy’s name is Colin, and he’ll be 11 years old on March 9.

“We were talking about his birthday coming up and I had mentioned it a few times and he said he didn’t want a party. And I said, ‘Why don’t you want a party?” — “Mom, who am I going to invite? I don’t have any friends,’” mother Jennifer recalled Colin saying.
    Facebookpage: https://www.facebook.com/Coliniseleven

Info: http://woodtv.com/2014/02/09/boys-bi...wide-response/

send your congrats..!
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

Deleted
    I dont think it is wise to give out the details of minors.

did u even bother to read?
    its a facebook page created by his mom, which colin the bday boy doesn't know about as its a surprise.
    they are gunna show him the facebook page and all the letters send to a PO box to show him he has ppl that want to be his friend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demontjuh View Post
    they are gunna show him the facebook page and all the letters send to a PO box to show him he has ppl that want to be his friend.
    Be his friend without even having talked to him? Yeah... Not sure what to say.

Deleted
    did u even bother to read?
    its a facebook page created by his mom, which colin the bday boy doesn't know about as its a surprise.
    I did read it, just because people do not agree with you does not give you the right to be rude. Perhaps this kid will hate the attention, most people with Aspergers do.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I did read it, just because people do not agree with you does not give you the right to be rude. Perhaps this kid will hate the attention, most people with Aspergers do.
    u could have made urself more clear when u said "give out details" it sounded like u ment home adress etc.
    and the kid said he doesn't want a bday cus he has no friends, meaning he wants friends to celebrate a bday with so its unlikely that he doesn't want this attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Be his friend without even having talked to him? Yeah... Not sure what to say.
    Facebook friends =/= real friends most of the time

So let's think about what is going on, here.
    You have this autistic kid who doesn't want a party because he doesn't have any friends.
    So his mother creates a birthday facebook page for him, on which random people on the internet will wish him a happy birthday. The kid is surprised, fun is being had. That is the initial outcome.
    Let's move on from there, shall we? It's important to take into account the people who post on his facebook page.

Okay; so this is cute. You can make this child happy by just wishing him a happy birthday on facebook. No effort, and it's cute. It's human interest; the kind of stuff tabloids run on.
    So that is the motivation of everyone who will sign that page. Human interest.
    These people have NO interest in the child himself. They don't care about the child himself. They don't really want to know him. All they want is to contribute in this cutesy human interest story.

The net result: The child is betrayed by anonymous people. He is led to believe that people want to be his friend, by his mother and the human interest strangers, and then finds out that he still does not have any friends to invite. Nobody will care. All of those names mean nothing, while he is led to believe that they do. That people are interested in him. They're not; they're just interested in this particular part of the story, and don't think things through at all. Realization will kick in within days, probably, and the net result is a betrayal of his trust.

While the intent of this idea is very nice, the result is very cruel.

Think before you act.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Snip.
    idd, no effort so wut we got is:

1. kid happy
    2. we have no commitment

win win no?

also theres a few ppl posting that might want to arrange meets with their own kid/grandkid, which could result in friendship who knows.

Deleted
    idd, no effort so wut we got is:

1. kid happy
    2. we have no commitment

win win no?

also theres a few ppl posting that might want to arrange meets with their own kid/grandkid, which could result in friendship who knows.
    Has nobody thought to ask the kids here? As a child there was no way I would want to go hang out with a complete stranger that I had nothing in common with, I had friends of my own without wanting play dates.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Has nobody thought to ask the kids here? As a child there was no way I would want to go hang out with a complete stranger that I had nothing in common with, I had friends of my own without wanting play dates.
    the kid eats alone in an office at skool cus noone sit with him and prolly bullies him.
    if theres other parents with mayb also autistic kids wanting to arrange a play date thats a good thing right?
    they might become friends, or they might not, simple.
    atleast they are trying to make the kid happy.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how many of those birthday wishes are truely altruistic. Being nice to random people on the internet has become too much of a circle-jerk where people show off how nice they are, and this in my opinion is nothing different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really anything to discuss here, it's just here is a link follow it and comment. We don't allow these kinds of threads here.