Just Picked up Rift

Just picked the game up today and was wondering if any of you guys out there would like to share any tips and tricks you have for a new player

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chexmixs View Post
    Just picked the game up today and was wondering if any of you guys out there would like to share any tips and tricks you have for a new player
    You could have gotten the game for free. All it takes is playing for 4 hours of time with the Raptr app running on your computer. When you download and install the trial version of Rift, it links to that on the launcher.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Check out my channel - what class you planning on playing?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    You could have gotten the game for free. All it takes is playing for 4 hours of time with the Raptr app running on your computer. When you download and install the trial version of Rift, it links to that on the launcher.
    Maybe he didn't want to deal with all that or bought Storm Legion, which comes with the original game.

Check your PMs, I've sent you some information on the Ascend a Friend feature if you are a US player. Me and a few other people here play on US Deepwood if you are interested. If you are new to MMOs, then you have a lot of stuff coming your way. If you have played MMOs, I would just make sure you adjust some of the default settings to help make life a little easier.

If you want more detailed information, by all means ask and I'll be glad to answer anything I can!

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Check out my channel - what class you planning on playing?
    most likely a mage not sure which one tho

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chexmixs View Post
    most likely a mage not sure which one tho
    If you want a less than traditional mage experience, try out a Harbinger build if you have Storm Legion. It's one of the new souls that came with the expansion. It's a Battle (melee) Mage.

Otherwise Elementalist, with the pets, is a good route for leveling and survival.

I leveled my mage as elementalist/chloro/stormcaller (summer 2011). Elementalist for the earth (tank) pet, chloro for the heals (only to the 2nd tier for bloom and instant bloom), and stormcaller for the aoe abilities when I inadvertantly would pull too many (in which case the heals from chloro definitely came in handy). Of course, Harbinger wasn't out then, and I have no real knowledge on that one. But I found the spec I used to be pretty easy for leveling/soloing

thanks for the help guys