Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by abijax View Post
    Every couple of months I go back to poe and combat is still shit because of animations, netcode and terrible mob behavior. And the potential depth of the passives/gems is still ruined by the stupid damage and various netcode issues.
    Then I fire up D3, I'm in awe how everything is so much smoother in comparison and get my ARPG fix.
    To each his own. For me D3 gear system is ruined, lack of soulbinding and abundance of bots cause devastating gear and gold inflation in D3. Item that sold for 1 mill a month ago does not sell for 50k now. Content is missing. You can beat the same act 1-4 million times, that's it. There is little that D3 has to offer in the grinding department. Just because the game is smooth does not mean it's an exciting game. The only thing that I think is worth doing in D3 now is forget gear and paragon levels and go finish some achievements. I really don't see any meaningful PvP happening when the gear system in D3 is in this shape.

PoE on the other hand has many more features to offer to players. It also seems like D2 sequel in atmosphere, graphics and features unlike D3. And it's free to play, so everyone can make up their mind about the game. From what I saw the only noticable issues with netcode were when using fast abilities in turbo mode, which is another feature for players to play around with in PoE and it is being looked at, so we will see how it goes.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Well, the reason I bought the game is no longer going to be implemented. Uninstalled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    It actually baffles me how ignorant blizzards new "Dev" team is when it comes to making diablo. They had the winning formula sitting right there in front of them and it's like they deliberately tried to do everything as opposite from that as possible. Hence why d3 is probably the most boring , shallow "AAA" game that I have ever played, and D2 still remains one of the greatest games ever created.
    The entire game just reeks of design by committee, designed to extract the largest profit in the shortest amount of time, and actually making a good game is just an optional secondary objective.

RMAH and its necessary ONLY PLAY ONLINE UNDER OUR RULES EVER crap pretty much made me feel like I wasted $60, to be honest. This online-only shit means there's no chance of there being mods for D3, and mods were what kept me interested in D2 for so long.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

So Jay Wilson delayed the pvp blog hoping the world would end, but that didn’t work out for him.

i told you blizzard is going to fail on pvp ;D
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Every couple of months I go back to poe and combat is still shit because of animations, netcode and terrible mob behavior. And the potential depth of the passives/gems is still ruined by the stupid damage and various netcode issues.
    Then I fire up D3, I'm in awe how everything is so much smoother in comparison and get my ARPG fix.
    Thank you for posting this; I was beginning to think I was the only one who felt this way. It doesn't matter to me how many features are included with the game, if the gameplay is slow and boring, like PoE's combat is, then the game becomes boring for me...

They don't want to put anything out there that isn't ready but they put diablo 3 out there when it clearly wasn't ready. Alright Jay. Rock on brother. 7 months later dueling shows up. As much as they insist whatever update will be free my suspicion is that an expansion will be tied to it.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    Thank you for posting this; I was beginning to think I was the only one who felt this way. It doesn't matter to me how many features are included with the game, if the gameplay is slow and boring, like PoE's combat is, then the game becomes boring for me...
    I'll chip in since I was an avid PoE player myself; Like the graphics I'm sorry despite It IS free I just can't stand it along with the combat system It's just so dull. The only thing that I enjoyed in that game was the passive talent gridsphere thing that's it. That's the only remote thing I liked about it

At this point D2 can't be surpassed.

God I'm mad WHY JAY WILSON WHY DID U WRECK IT AHHHHHHHHHHHH okay that's another story I'll create a thread about it later.

Well this is the nail in the coffin. This will drive off the last few 1000 players still playing holding out for PvP ensuring that Diablo 3 will go down in history as the worst PC game ever made. Fanboys can quote those record sales numbers all they want but the game is horrible and the only reason most people stuck it out through all the crap was for PvP. 10 million sales and probably a few thousand players will be left. What a joke of a game.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 09:47 AM ----------

PoE still in Beta. But then again so is D3.

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    I think you need both ... the combat in D3 is ok-ish, but with no features what's the point. You repeat the same few farming routes over and over and over and over ... for what. Gear drops are not exciting. Paragon levels are whatever. AH is boring. Slow gameplay in PoE you can change with turbo mode or different build or specially crafted maps. Lack of features in D3 ... what do you do about that ?

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 03:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    I'll chip in since I was an avid PoE player myself; Like the graphics I'm sorry despite It IS free I just can't stand it along with the combat system It's just so dull. The only thing that I enjoyed in that game was the passive talent gridsphere thing that's it. That's the only remote thing I liked about it
    Personally I like the dark rough atmosphere of PoE more that the polished soulless atmosphere of D3. But that's very subjective. I hate Rift graphics for no apparent reason for example.
    Last edited by Repefe; 2012-12-28 at 02:57 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    I think you need both ... the combat in D3 is ok-ish, but with no features what's the point. You repeat the same few farming routes over and over and over and over ... for what. Gear drops are not exciting. Paragon levels are whatever. AH is boring. Slow gameplay in PoE you can change with turbo mode or different build. Lack of features in D3 ... what do you do about that ?

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 03:55 PM ----------

Personally I like the dark rough atmosphere of PoE more that the polished soulless atmosphere of D3. But that's very subjective. I hate Rift graphics for no apparent reason for example.
    Personally I would of ignored the graphics; Hell I do it all the time in WoW but the combat in PoE is just too bland =/ as I've stated. I haven't gotten to buy TL II I should do that and beat it for the hell for it before focusing on another game here haha

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Personally I would of ignored the graphics; Hell I do it all the time in WoW but the combat in PoE is just too bland =/ as I've stated. I haven't gotten to buy TL II I should do that and beat it for the hell for it before focusing on another game here haha
    Dunno ... between TL2, D3 and PoE I don't really see much difference in combat. Maybe TL2 is the best and PoE the worst of the three, but all of that is still quite behind combat that other genres offer. What is interesting in these games is how you build and gear up your character and what abilities you kill with and here PoE wins I think.

Let me reevaluate. Best of the three combats was D3 combat when you were in blue gear in pre nerfed inferno ... that was interesting. But that gameplay is gone now.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand why people find diablo 3's rubber band riddled combat "fluid"?

Being pretty does not make the combat "fluid", of all the ARPG's that have come out recently that i've played I would actually rate d3's combat on the bottom of the list. I can't bother to play an ARPG in a system where dodging projectile attacks and melee swings is completely removed in favor of everything being a gear check. Then add on to that the fact of this always online connected to blizzards servers giving the worst playing experience I've had in a blizzard game to date. This isn't an MMO, I need to know that when I click somewhere or on something that I'm going to go there ect.

I'll take an offline single player / lan / online peer to peer system over that crap any day.

TLDR, Game graphics have absolutely nothing to do with combat fluidity. Sure D3 may be pretty and have plenty of "razzle dazzle' but has objectively THE worst combat of any ARPG out there.

Diablo 3 classes would have been decent for some sort of moba style map too. Like dominion or tower defense kind of crap.

Oh well. Glad I got my refund when I did.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post

PoE on the other hand has many more features to offer to players. It also seems like D2 sequel in atmosphere, graphics and features unlike D3.
    That's not a + a decade later FYI, hell if you want me I can dig up reviews from back in the day saying D2 looked bad then.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    That's not a + a decade later FYI, hell if you want me I can dig up reviews from back in the day saying D2 looked bad then.
    It's not about the quality, but about the aesthetics. D3 graphics and music lacks atmosphere. D2 was way superior in that regard.

D2 was never a good looking game. Acts 2 and 3 lack the D1 gothic horror atmosphere COMPLETELY and are just as bad as act 2/4 in D3 imo.

animation quality is absolutely dreadful (again, just compare it to D1) and mob design (especially death animations) is vastly inferior to D1 as well.

What a pathetic excuse for a "blog".

I don't even feel excited about the dueling tbh, since it will be all tied to a queue instead of being "just outside of town" like in D2.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Just fucking sad...

What the hell is going on at Blizzard? Anyone could come up with a better direction for Diablo3 by now, its like they don't even care at all by now?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't understand why people find diablo 3's rubber band riddled combat "fluid"?

Being pretty does not make the combat "fluid", of all the ARPG's that have come out recently that i've played I would actually rate d3's combat on the bottom of the list. I can't bother to play an ARPG in a system where dodging projectile attacks and melee swings is completely removed in favor of everything being a gear check. Then add on to that the fact of this always online connected to blizzards servers giving the worst playing experience I've had in a blizzard game to date. This isn't an MMO, I need to know that when I click somewhere or on something that I'm going to go there ect.

I'll take an offline single player / lan / online peer to peer system over that crap any day.

TLDR, Game graphics have absolutely nothing to do with combat fluidity. Sure D3 may be pretty and have plenty of "razzle dazzle' but has objectively THE worst combat of any ARPG out there.
    This is one thing I WILL agree with and that is the lack of an offline play mode. I desperately wished (and still wish) that a single player, offline mode existed, even without multiplayer I might add. But as for which of the three, D3/TL2/POE, has the worse combat I give that wholeheartedly to PoE. Granted, I am not talking about the skills, mechanics, talents, etc. I am talking about actually going out and killing mobs. It takes like 5 minutes to swing your weapon once in some cases.....that is just horribly slow and boring...