Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I have a wonderful idea for 5.2.

blizzard spends less time making dailies...

and spends MORE time making DUNGEONS that provide rewards that people can get without a month-long grind.

am I the only one disappointed that there arent any new dungeons in the patch, rehash or otherwise? if LFR is the method for gearing alts next patch, that is terrible news.

There's supposed to be a bajillion smaller-than-we're-used-to patches this expansion, so I'm fine if we get more 5mans later.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    There's supposed to be a bajillion smaller-than-we're-used-to patches this expansion, so I'm fine if we get more 5mans later.
    Who said there would be 5-mans in said patches? Also, fuck dailies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Deleted
    A whole new 7-9 dungeon tier would be glorious. And will probably never happen, but hey...

look at how many dungeons burning crusade had.

even IF MoP dungeons are faceroll, i'd like to see more of them. hell, you could take the easy way out and rehash ZG/ZA again, or others if making "new" content is that difficult.

I dont even hate dailies, I just want variety.

1. There is already a post on this.
    2. The lack of new dungeons isn't the problem.

There's a thread on this very subject. You know this. It's right below this one. Spend less time making repeat topics and more time playing other games when you're mad at this one?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Isn't there a thread up about the exact same thing? Anyways, I'll just repeat myself: I don't want more dungeons because with better rewards in heroics they fuck up raid progression and invalidate raids, in this case it'd be MSV, HoF and ToES that'd become worthless. I don't want Throne of Thunder to be the only raid, just like ICC and DS were the only raids in their patches.

On top of that the MoP Heroics have been really dull, I completed each one of them 2 or 3 times, I don't know half of the boss battles or what they were supposed to do, I just went in and got my gear. I still remember tacts for all of the Cataclysm launch heroics. That's the sign of bad dungeon design, not knowing wtf happened and not caring.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    look at how many dungeons burning crusade had..
    TBC was an excellent example of Quality>Quantity though, many of the TBC dungeons just aren't memorable at all, and the ones that are memorable are only because of their difficulty, like Shattered Halls and Shadow Labyrinth.

I enjoy dailies more than I enjoy dungeons so how about no?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Hey look, another thread about no 5 mans in 5.2. I'm sure glad we have multiple threads to discuss the exact same topic! This is exactly why I come to this website, so I can see the same complaint over and over in multiple threads! Awesome!!

look at how many dungeons burning crusade had.

even IF MoP dungeons are faceroll, i'd like to see more of them. hell, you could take the easy way out and rehash ZG/ZA again, or others if making "new" content is that difficult.

I dont even hate dailies, I just want variety.
    Most of TBC dungeons were complete shit and the only reason there were so many is because they made hubs of dungeons who looked exactly like each other

Is the plan in Mists to have raiders go through each raid and let the new ones pile up or use LFR to leapfrog tiers?
    Want to err on the side of the former. If you want to do 5.2 raid, you can gear up in 5.0 LFR.
    Even if they add new dungeons they're not going to drop gear that is better than LFR currently

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Isn't there a thread up about the exact same thing? Anyways, I'll just repeat myself: I don't want more dungeons because with better rewards in heroics they fuck up raid progression and invalidate raids, in this case it'd be MSV, HoF and ToES that'd become worthless. I don't want Throne of Thunder to be the only raid, just like ICC and DS were the only raids in their patches.

On top of that the MoP Heroics have been really dull, I completed each one of them 2 or 3 times, I don't know half of the boss battles or what they were supposed to do, I just went in and got my gear. I still remember tacts for all of the Cataclysm launch heroics. That's the sign of bad dungeon design, not knowing wtf happened and not caring.

TBC was an excellent example of Quality>Quantity though, many of the TBC dungeons just aren't memorable at all, and the ones that are memorable are only because of their difficulty, like Shattered Halls and Shadow Labyrinth.
    Boom, keep new dungeons out with current raid progression. Anyways people just run the dungeons nonstop for their loot and complain that theyre just running the dungeons over again. Blizz cant win.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

my issue is this: with the current model, you need to 1) valor cap, which is fine, but it's only 1000, 2) get lfr/normal/heroic drops, which is also fine.

the problem is when a new tier hits. if you need to "catch up" on an alt, or have a slot or two that still need upgrades, without new 5 mans, you might still be stuck. 5 man loot will still be 463 max, same with scenarios (with the rare chance at a 476). if 5.2 LFR requires say, 480/490 ilvl, it might be hard to get alts into it. that may not be a big deal on mains that are raiding regularly, but alts will get further and further behind.

I like 5 mans, even though I prefer raiding above all. i'd just like to see more of them, there was already very little variety when levelling and doing dungeons. I believe quality > quantity, but I still want to see more dungeons. that, or give scenarios more depth and better rewards.

Deleted
    stop worrying beforehand? we don't know anything about what blizzard is going to do in 5.2 apart from a new raid being introduced.
    they already announced something new in order to make the expac more alt friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    How does everyone miss Sethekk Halls and Mech?

my issue is this: with the current model, you need to 1) valor cap, which is fine, but it's only 1000, 2) get lfr/normal/heroic drops, which is also fine.

the problem is when a new tier hits. if you need to "catch up" on an alt, or have a slot or two that still need upgrades, without new 5 mans, you might still be stuck. 5 man loot will still be 463 max, same with scenarios (with the rare chance at a 476). if 5.2 LFR requires say, 480/490 ilvl, it might be hard to get alts into it. that may not be a big deal on mains that are raiding regularly, but alts will get further and further behind.

I like 5 mans, even though I prefer raiding above all. i'd just like to see more of them, there was already very little variety when levelling and doing dungeons. I believe quality > quantity, but I still want to see more dungeons. that, or give scenarios more depth and better rewards.
    Ive never valor capped or done the dailies to exalted for loot, i just raid with my guild, but if you want an alt to get on par with your main your going to have to work for it like always. Alt shouldn't mean get everything on par for free, if you like alts do the work and have the dedication. Its your choice which benefits you to have more than 1 lvl 90 at current tier.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    quit trying to be a back seat driver. you have no idea how many more patches are coming. you have no idea what will even be IN those patches. before today did you have any idea they were not adding new dungeons? no? was your crystal ball broken? ... blizzard simply cant win with its players. we are barely 4 months into the expansion. i am hoping it still has over 18 months to go in its life. that means there is PLENTY of time to add in more dungeons, so that it at least equals your precious BC xpac.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

dont get me wrong, i am really f'n excited about a 13 boss raid. im not even upset with blizzard.

but i'd like to see more dungeons, with less emphasis on dailies. even though im ok with dailies.

10+ Year Old Account
    dont get me wrong, i am really f'n excited about a 13 boss raid. im not even upset with blizzard.

but i'd like to see more dungeons, with less emphasis on dailies. even though im ok with dailies.

They have to be....about a bit lower on Item level for Tier one LFR or else the progression will be bonked.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi