Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Why do people join Cesspool guilds?

Dumb thread and responses by me - If you want to call me shit and stuff, go ahead. I understand, and I need to get alot better at wow, as i''m obviously not as good as i thought. Thanks for letting me know how shit i am
    Last edited by HatredAU; 2012-12-27 at 08:50 PM.
    Hatred the Fearless.

Why do you think you are good when you are only 5/16h?

Deleted
    Not sure if serious...

Don't post spam
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-12-27 at 08:03 PM.

I would imagine not everyone wants to be a hardcore raider, or partake in the extremely uptight and rigorous schedule set forth by a raid leader. Some people raid casually and belong to a social guild. Simply because their playstyle is different, doesn't make them baddies. Also, calling a guild a cesspool is kinda cheesy.

My alts enjoy the banter sometimes that goes on in these guilds, it makes leveling a lot less mundane.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltage View Post
    Why do people join Cesspool guilds and try to raid with them?
    Genuine question before I am accused of trolling, I don't understand why people will join terrible "Everyone's Invited" Guilds, when all it does is waste their time and make the GM a shit ton of gold for wiping with a bunch of bads , levelling alts and getting rolled in every RBG they ever try. Before I am accused of being an Elitist, I'm not. I just want to know why people willingly join a guild to waste time with a bunch of retards.

//rant over
    From my perspective you just described your guild. Could you tell me why you joined? Hate to burst your bubble but you fit my definition of baddie. Guess we all have different standards.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-12-27 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolo View Post
    Why do you think you are good when you are only 5/16h?
    I don't, And I stated that. I'm below average, and i'm willing to accept that, I'm just unsure why people would go even lower than my progress willingly

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 08:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    From my perspective you just described your guild. Could you tell me why you joined? Hate to burst your bubble but you fit my definition of baddie. Guess we all have different standards.
    Well, I joined to raid casually one day a week without having to deal with a bunch of retards. I'm not even close to a high end raider, and I never said I was.
    Hatred the Fearless.

I've never understood why people "join" guilds to raid in the first place. I've only ever rarely heard of that working in the first place. I'm pretty sure everyone would be much happier if raids were reduced to 5 mans as every raiding guild I've known of is generally comprised of a 5 man raid group with 5-20 other filler people they don't give two shits about anyway.

Deleted
    Are you frightened you might be missing something ?

I don't, And I stated that. I'm below average, and i'm willing to accept that, I'm just unsure why people would go even lower than my progress willingly.
    Maybe those people don't care about progression? For lots of people (or raiders' alts), 5-mans or LFR is enough.

Also, saying "i'm no elitist" and "Waste time with a bunch of retards" in the same line? Comedy gold, that...

5/16 heroic is way above average. 16/16 normal is average. 5/16 heroic isn't hardcore, it's just above average. He's not bad if he's 5/16 heroic lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhh... maybe you're just taking the game too seriously while those who are in that particular guild just don't care... Pretty sure they're just playing because they aren't good and don't care about being good. You on the other hand must be pretty young, 13 or so... if that's your reaction to a guild like that or the fact that you need others to point out the obvious. Who cares... it's a game, people will always be bad and if you want to be an elitist, go join a top end PvE guild or some PvP guild.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    Holy fudge, people join guilds for the social atmosphere, THIS IS MADNESS I TELL YOU!1

/hard facepalm

10+ Year Old Account
    My realm was dieing. My guild opened its ranks to whomever landed on the realm and wanted to join a guild. We got Realm First lvl25 Guild FoS back in Cataclysm. Since then, we've organized our main heroic progression group and 3 other groups for whoever wanted to join. We organized RBGs, fun events and leveling marathons. We had something for everyone. People liked that. That's why.

(since MoP our guild went vegetable, as the realm went down the drain, but that hasnt got anything to do with it)

Many people would consider cesspool guilds the ones filled with shithead and selfish mbrs. Then their are others like the OP that seem to think that progression trumps the ppl in the guild. Several ppl are in guilds with friends and family, quality of ppl often trumps the quality of the players. Some ppl are more then happy to run RBGs or arenas and hit 2000 or so rating, they don't need or care if they are 16/16 in heroics. This is very much like the person that makes 40,000 a year and is happy as can be while some millionaire is a miserable person.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Let me rephrase, I am asking about people who actually join to raid with those guilds, not people who just want a social atmosphere.
    Hatred the Fearless.

Some people flat out suck but take raiding seriously or are so far behind they have to climb through guilds from the bottom at least the second option is what happened to me once upon a time

Deleted
    Let me rephrase, I am asking about people who actually join to raid with those guilds, not people who just want a social atmosphere.
    No previous raid experience, inferior gear, been away for a few expansions so very rusty skills... There are plenty of reasons besides social side.

Joining a guild is like joining a Fraternity. Some drink and get blazed, others study hard and destroy the bell curve, and the rest just exist with average activities. Why should it matter if someone wants to join a party house instead of a "Study Group" loaded with math and science whiz kids? Who is it really hurting if a casual game rated T for Teen has a bunch of casual guilds loaded with Casual players? If they are a huge inconvenience to you, you might just want to run with Guildies or friends and stay away from LFR. Just my .02

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people are just starting out, or don't have very much confidence, or don't have very many connections on their server. Or some combination thereof.

So a guild that doesn't think too much of itself and won't offer a lot of pressure or risk of being kicked / demoted / excluded if you don't perform exceptionally well, can be appealing to a lot of people for the previously-stated reasons.

It's similar to dating someone much less attractive or successful than you, because you don't have the self-esteem to risk being rejected by someone hot.