Thread: Monk sets

Deleted

Monk sets

Have you noticed that the monk sets, rather than set wrestler outfits seem typical oriental farmer.

When I hear the word monk comes to my head a Shaolin monk, but when you taste the sets AtlasLoot my monk, it does not seem like it to be me. A fighter, not a farmer.

I'm not certain how you got typical oriental farmer out of the T14 and T15 monk sets. o.o

I'm also unsure where wrestling comes in. The sets seem fine to me, if they went for the straight temple monk look, there wouldn't be much variation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

How many farmers do you see wearing smoking, glowing beads the size of a child's head on their chest, shoulders and atop their hat? Not sure why everyone is so down on the hat's shape, I'm really not.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Herea View Post
    Have you noticed that the monk sets, rather than set wrestler outfits seem typical oriental farmer.

When I hear the word monk comes to my head a Shaolin monk, but when you taste the sets AtlasLoot my monk, it does not seem like it to be me. A fighter, not a farmer.
    I'm guess it is because the straw hats?
    The straw hat is not only use by farmer. It is also use by many traveler, including lot of monks.
    Actually it is standard equipment for fictional traveling monks. Pretty much the whole monk class is based on ancient Chinese novels.
    Last edited by Exorte; 2012-12-27 at 06:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There were more wide brimmed hats in chinese culture than just rice farmer hats.

Deleted
    The Straw Hat is most commonly associated with a Monk.

I wish they would go for a more D3 monk ... Even tho t15 looks like earthbenders in "The last airbender".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi87 View Post
    The Straw Hat is most commonly associated with a Monk.
    That is true but i realy hope its not a straw hat EVERY tier set from now on..

Quote Originally Posted by Zhurong View Post
    That is true but i realy hope its not a straw hat EVERY tier set from now on..
    Did you miss the Monk tier shown a few days ago on the front page? We're getting the "ninja mask" and "forehead jewels" thing this time.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Did you miss the Monk tier shown a few days ago on the front page? We're getting the "ninja mask" and "forehead jewels" thing this time.
    Meh, I kind of see what they mean by "straw hat". It kind of does have a similar hat shape to T14. But I personally think it looks neat - I especially can't wait to see that chest on more than just humans (in-game). Like I've said before - it looks like something out of Mortal Kombat I DO hope we see more hat styles than the weird feather hat (challenge mode hat) and the straw hat look we've had recently, but overall I like the T15 set better than the current (I mogg'd for the rogue look-alike set: I wanna be a ninja!).

I'm glad that they aren't going for D3-style monk. It strikes me that they wish to keep our class separate from the other universe, especially in aesthetic areas. (This coming from someone who has only played Witch Doctor and Demon Hunter in D3).