Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    This seems to be part of the increasingly sinister angle that's being cast on the Titans and their work.

    I'm suspecting we're heading for an era of having to oppose both the Legion and the Titans simultaneously, in the sense that both of them want to annihilate us.

    What I mean is we're going from "the Titans made magical dragons to watch over the world and they sparkled!" to "the magical dragons waged bloody primitive warfare on each other and were ruled by a giant monster one". Azeroth is seeming less and less like a wonderful Titan biodome and more like the sort of merciless, uncaring experiment that scientists perform on caged animals and petri dishes.
    I've noticed that, as well. It's actually a little disappointing; I quite liked the thought of Titans being this mysterious, powerful, but ultimately Good force in the cosmos. The more we learn about them, though, the more they seem like a bunch of jerks, with little to no real "magical" flair about them, so much as scientific or biological.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It is some nice lore, though it is written by Knaak, I hope the damage to the general lore will be minimal.
    I think if anything the lore will become more concrete than damaged.

    This story is purely about the Aspects. And for the most part in WoW their story is over. If it goes the way I think it goes, "Dawn of the Aspects" will act as prologue & epilogue to the story of the Aspects.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by KenjiNitari View Post
    I don't get what's with that hate toward Knaak, I think he's an excelent Writer (he is even anounced as one) But if there iso ne thing he good at, it's dragons.
    It is basically the only good thing he is good at, but this is not the thread for this talk.

  4. #44
    Elemental Lord Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    8,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawdzilla View Post
    I think if anything the lore will become more concrete than damaged.

    This story is purely about the Aspects. And for the most part in WoW their story is over. If it goes the way I think it goes, "Dawn of the Aspects" will act as prologue & epilogue to the story of the Aspects.
    Just look at what he did to the war of the ancients, because of his "fixed" timeline Illidan shouldn't have gotten his Twinblades for example.

    He does not even play the game to fully comprehend the established lore.

    Quote Originally Posted by KenjiNitari View Post

    I don't get what's with that hate toward Knaak, I think he's an excelent Writer (he is even anounced as one) But if there iso ne thing he good at, it's dragons.
    It is the only thing he is good at, which is the only reason I will buy it.
    Last edited by Combatbulter; 2013-01-02 at 04:51 PM.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Just look at what he did to the war of the ancients, because of his "fixed" timeline Illidan shouldn't have gotten his Twinblades for example.

    He does not even play the game to fully comprehend the established lore.
    The Twinblades... Since the new timeline, ignoring that we can't fit when Illidan got them, there is no way Illidan got the mastery of them since he was jailed all that time...

    Anyway, talk for another thread.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Just look at what he did to the war of the ancients, because of his "fixed" timeline Illidan shouldn't have gotten his Twinblades for example.

    He does not even play the game to fully comprehend the established lore.

    It is the only thing he is good at, which is the only reason I will buy it.
    Hell sometimes Blizz screws up its own lore, so faulting Knaak for a really minor detail in the grand scheme of things isn't that a big deal anyway. And i do seem to recall Illidan fighting Azzinoth in the War of the Ancients trilogy.

  7. #47
    Elemental Lord Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    8,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawdzilla View Post
    Hell sometimes Blizz screws up its own lore, so faulting Knaak for a really minor detail in the grand scheme of things isn't that a big deal anyway. And i do seem to recall Illidan fighting Azzinoth in the War of the Ancients trilogy.
    You recall Golden fixing his mistake by putting Illidans flashback into Arthas rise of the Lich king. Azzinoth did not appear in the war of the ancients trilogy.

    Anyways we should stop this

    OT

    I hope we see a more sinister side to the Titans, who will do anything to achieve their vision of order.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  8. #48
    Mechagnome Mear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    543
    Hmm was just thinking, but do we have any indicator how long ago the titans arrived on Azeroth? Like do we even know if it just a few k year before the war of the ancient(10k~ years ago) or is like 50? 100? 1000k? and so forth years ago?

  9. #49
    I am Murloc! Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    5,577
    Im very much intresting in this book, it can also lead to some really intresting Old God showcase. Not goin to lie though, im a bit more intrested in the upcoming Vol'Jin: Shadows of the Horde book.

  10. #50
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,655
    Neat. so Galakrond was a bit of a baddy then, even to his own kind. I wonder if they early protodrakes could speak or if there just big animals.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I hope we see a more sinister side to the Titans, who will do anything to achieve their vision of order.
    I wanna see super bitch alexstrasza

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Mear View Post
    Hmm was just thinking, but do we have any indicator how long ago the titans arrived on Azeroth? Like do we even know if it just a few k year before the war of the ancient(10k~ years ago) or is like 50? 100? 1000k? and so forth years ago?
    We can assume well beyond 10,000 years old, given that the likes of Malfurion and Tyrande were, as of their bios in the WarCraft 3 manual, around 11,000 years old.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

  13. #53
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,559
    My only issue is the depowering of the Aspects...almost makes this book pointless. Yes it's origins but...*Scared*
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    My only issue is the depowering of the Aspects...almost makes this book pointless. Yes it's origins but...*Scared*
    Like I posted earlier this acts as both a prologue and epilogue to the Aspects story[COLOR="red"]

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 09:42 AM ----------

    got good news and bad news everyone!

    Good News new info came out!

    Part one will be 90 pages, the rest of the parts will come out over this year! Part one will only be $1.99

    Bad News

    Part One got pushed back till Feb 19th

    more info here:
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/01/03/da...february-2013/
    Last edited by Gawdzilla; 2013-01-03 at 05:42 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •