Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Dawn of the Aspects

Less than a month till Dawn of the Aspects!

I'm pumped. Found some info about this on Wowpedia:

THE AGE OF DRAGONS IS OVER.

Uncertainty plagues Azeroth’s ancient guardians as they struggle to find a new purpose. This dilemma has hit Kalecgos, youngest of the former Dragon Aspects, especially hard. Having lost his great powers, how can he—or any of his kind—still make a difference in the world?

The answer lies in the distant past, when savage beasts called proto-dragons ruled the skies. Through a mysterious artifact found near the heart of Northrend, Kalecgos witnesses this violent era and the shocking history of the original Aspects: Alexstrasza, Ysera, Malygos, Neltharion, and Nozdormu.

In their most primitive forms, the future protectors of Azeroth must stand united against Galakrond, a bloodthirsty creature that threatens the existence of their race. But did these mere proto-dragons face such a horrific adversary alone, or did an outside force help them? Were they given the strength they would become legendary for...or did they earn it with blood? Kalecgos’s discoveries will change everything he knows about the events that led to the...

DAWN OF THE ASPECTS
    Part 1

The former Dragon Aspects are on the brink of going their separate ways to forge new destinies. As Kalecgos ponders the uncertain future awaiting his kind, he uncovers a mysterious artifact that allows him to see through the eyes of his late predecessor, Malygos. Intense visions bombard Kalecgos, transporting him to a time when the original Aspects were no more than primitive proto-dragons. Across ancient Kalimdor’s northern plains, they fought for survival against each other and a terrifying creature that dominated the era: the Father of Dragons, Galakrond. But many questions remain for Kalecgos. What are the origins of this strange artifact? Are its visions a gift, or a curse?

oh my god, oh my god , oh my god. i can't wait til this is leaked and we get a summary topic on here =D .
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Maybe it'll finally give us a clue if the Aspects lost their Aspect Powers, or simply their Immortality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

All i know is i want some neltharion/alexstrasza

I think I'm getting this one.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I looked this up and saw the picture of Galakrond. I think I got chills up my spine. I have a feeling on what the next expansion will be about!
    Last edited by Ceece; 2012-12-28 at 05:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    *foams from mouth*

lawdy!! can hardly wait!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    This seems to be part of the increasingly sinister angle that's being cast on the Titans and their work.

I'm suspecting we're heading for an era of having to oppose both the Legion and the Titans simultaneously, in the sense that both of them want to annihilate us.

What I mean is we're going from "the Titans made magical dragons to watch over the world and they sparkled!" to "the magical dragons waged bloody primitive warfare on each other and were ruled by a giant monster one". Azeroth is seeming less and less like a wonderful Titan biodome and more like the sort of merciless, uncaring experiment that scientists perform on caged animals and petri dishes.
    Last edited by Lovestar; 2012-12-28 at 06:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    NEW Book ???
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hot damn, Gally. He was a big fella.

Too big to embed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    What I mean is we're going from "the Titans made magical dragons to watch over the world and they sparkled!" to "the magical dragons waged bloody primitive warfare on each other and were ruled by a giant monster one". Azeroth is seeming less and less like a wonderful Titan biodome and more like the sort of merciless, uncaring experiment that scientists perform on caged animals and petri dishes.
    That's what it was *before* the Titans showed up, brought order, slayed and imprisoned the Old Gods and their Elemental Lords and apparently moulded races into guardians. I wonder if we'll get some explanation of Elune in this book and her close ties to Ysera.

This is exciting. The aspects in their original form look pathetic. lol

Galakrond, a massive proto-dragon, was the "progenitor of dragonkind". From him, the Titans created the Aspects. His size alone was greater than all of the Aspects combined.

From WoWWiki.
    Looking forward to this ^_^

10+ Year Old Account

y'all welcome

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

y'all welcome
    Holy Mother Of GOD! :O

Dat Galkarond, I have always wondered what he looked like since WOTLK. He looks almost bat-like in the face. Way more mammalian than I expected.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Maybe it'll finally give us a clue if the Aspects lost their Aspect Powers, or simply their Immortality.
    They lost their powers, it's stated on the Tides of War novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    They lost their powers, it's stated on the Tides of War novel.
    So Alexstraza isn't the Life Binder, and Nozdormu can't look after the Time Stream anymore? They're just normal dragons?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Galakrond is pretty huge, its his bones laying around north of wyrmrest temple which should give a hint of his ingame size

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    So Alexstraza isn't the Life Binder, and Nozdormu can't look after the Time Stream anymore? They're just normal dragons?
    Well, Kalec still has the knowledge of an Aspect and can invoke the voice of the Titans, besides that he is back to his old self. He had to fly away from the Horde force that was on its way to attack Theramore. Pretty much just a powerful normal blue dragon.