Enhance Shaman - (WoL+Compare) Help

I was wondering if I could get a second (or third, fourth,..) pair of eyes on a log/compare to see how I can improve my play. Right now, I'm almost consistently in the bottom 3-5 DPS for fights and really need to pick it up.

The sample provided is from a recent Heroic Feng 25M. I compared it to the highest world English-speaking Enhancement DPS for the fight (future post idea: Enhancement Shaman: Why Koreans do it better) which is #9 in Enh World rankings:

WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d...s=9699&e=10169

Compare: http://raidbots.com/comparebot/50de1...1000611#damage

Perhaps not the best sample since it was my first time ever doing Heroic Feng and misplayed the AOE part a bit as well as some other minor mistakes here and there... but heres the bulk of it.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Koreans don't actually do it better, they just have higher ilvl gear.

For starters, the main difference between you and Ahdel is gear, he has 4,000 more Agility than you, and no doubt better secondary stats / weapons / etc. In addition to this, Blood Legion's kill was 2 minutes shorter than yours also. These two factors are going to make his DPS significantly higher than yours already. With all that aside.

You're not using Stormstrike / Lava Lash nearly enough, Ahdel's fight was 2 minutes shorter than yours, and he did 31 Lava Lashes, compared to your 28. Similar with Stormstrike, he had 31 uses, while you had 34. Your fight was 2 minutes longer, so your LL / SS usage should be significantly higher, not less than his.

Flame shock uptime is decent, but should be higher, as there's nothing stopping you from having 100% uptime on Feng.

Similar concept with Lightning Bolt as with LL / SS. You both used 56 Lightning Bolts, however as I mentioned before, his fight was 2 minutes shorter. This is influenced by gear disparities (haste = more MSW procs), however the differences in gear should not equate to you having far less Lightning Bolts than you should.

I noticed on your armory that you are specced into Astral Shift, however in your Feng log, you didn't use it once, you should really look at using it more, because it's going to ease the load on your healers significantly.

As a more general note, you should use Fire Nova glyph on this fight, instead of Healing Storm IMO. I noticed that you're using Healing Rain / Healing Stream Totem, this is going to effect your DPS considerably, and to be honest with you, it doesn't look like it's needed at all. The deaths in your Feng log were either from bad play / tank deaths, with Healing Rain and Healing Stream Totem aren't really going to help with. Your Healing Stream Totem ended up doing 50% over-healing, so it's really just a waste of a GCD at that point.

I also noticed some really shocking usage of Stormlash Totem from yourself and your other shamans. From what I could see in the log, you had 3 shamans, which means that over a 7 minute fight, you can have 6 Stormlash Totem uses, however there was only 1 use on your log. So this means that two of your shaman didn't use it at all, and one of your shaman only used it once. That's really really poor play, as its' a major DPS increase for your raid.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Thanks for this... you're right, my LL/SS is definitely low. I suppose I could get more MW3_UF LB's off too, but I'll focus more on finding ways to get more SS/LL's off...particularily LL's.
    Last edited by Xavera; 2012-12-29 at 11:53 PM.