Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

glyph of felguard

is there an item level for this to work i currently have a ilev 416 inlaid of the bear polearm in my backpack and when i summon my felguard he has the standard weapon and would this work with the upgraded pet as well?

I've seen low level people with it so i'm really not sure why it isnt working for you, and as far as the upgraded demon it does as far as i know
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Please make sure that the polearm is in your backpack. The other bags are NOT your backpack!

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Please make sure that the polearm is in your backpack. The other bags are NOT your backpack!
    this i didn't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Deleted
    you need to read the tooltip carefully it says backpack and not bag. In other words you need to put the weapon in the right bag

10+ Year Old Account
    As others mentioned, you need to put the items in your main backpack for it to work, it won't work if it is any other bag. To answer your second question, it does work with the Wrathguard. However it only works in one hand. So if you put the spear in your backpack and summoned your Wrathguard, he would wield the spear in one hand and his default weapon in the other. You need 2 weapons in your backpack for him to wield both.

15+ Year Old Account
    thnx for the tips

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    As others mentioned, you need to put the items in your main backpack for it to work, it won't work if it is any other bag. To answer your second question, it does work with the Wrathguard. However it only works in one hand. So if you put the spear in your backpack and summoned your Wrathguard, he would wield the spear in one hand and his default weapon in the other. You need 2 weapons in your backpack for him to wield both.
    This is the bit that bugs me with glyph. I would love for one weapon to be able to go in both if you had just one, but two weapons if you had two in your backpack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulish View Post
    you need to read the tooltip carefully it says backpack and not bag. In other words you need to put the weapon in the right bag
    Oh god... Dear lord! What a hilariously retarded game design ! You gotta love these things...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    Oh god... Dear lord! What a hilariously retarded game design ! You gotta love these things...

actually - great design. Otherwise every time you would get any other weapon your felguard would change - you would like to see that ? Backpack is the only "bag" that everyone must have and will have, so doesnt matter how many bags you have, doesnt matter what bags you have - you can always choose what weapons will display.

Quote Originally Posted by kandalanu View Post
    actually - great design. Otherwise every time you would get any other weapon your felguard would change - you would like to see that ? Backpack is the only "bag" that everyone must have and will have, so doesnt matter how many bags you have, doesnt matter what bags you have - you can always choose what weapons will display.
    That makes absolute no sense. It's clearly unintended.

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatTM View Post
    That makes absolute no sense. It's clearly unintended.
    Pretty sure i saw on twitter it was a bug. I imagine because there is a work around (put it in your backpack) its probably not a high priority to fix though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrik View Post
    Pretty sure i saw on twitter it was a bug. I imagine because there is a work around (put it in your backpack) its probably not a high priority to fix though.
    That's my point. It's definitely not up there.

This. Anyone who doesn't get it, never will.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    This. Anyone who doesn't get it, never will.
    Meh I admit I never play demo and if I did I wouldn't have the glyph. And even then, if I did, I still wouldn't be getting random 2handed weapons that my pet would then in turn equip at the expense of my narcissism.

You're right, I don't get it and I probably never will. Ever.

That's my point. It's definitely not up there.
    Even if it's not intended it sounds like better functionality than if it worked by checking your whole inventory, there is no pet weapon slot and this allows you to specify exactly the weapon you want it to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Even if it's not intended it sounds like better functionality than if it worked by checking your whole inventory, there is no pet weapon slot and this allows you to specify exactly the weapon you want it to use.
    They're 2 handers. How many casters carry around 2 handers that aren't staves? Better functionality is all the storage bags, which was the original intention.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    Meh I admit I never play demo and if I did I wouldn't have the glyph. And even then, if I did, I still wouldn't be getting random 2handed weapons that my pet would then in turn equip at the expense of my narcissism.

You're right, I don't get it and I probably never will. Ever.
    and you also must admit you never used reforge system, you was never hunting on any mount etc. Otherwise you are just hypocrite - becouse those are same expense of your narcissism.

also you really know what game you're playing ? Or mayby you dont know the meaning of mmorpg ? RPG ? Know what this means ?

They're 2 handers. How many casters carry around 2 handers that aren't staves? Better functionality is all the storage bags, which was the original intention.
    Ah so at least we are reached main goal:

"never happened to me so im pretty sure it never happened to any other lock, and never will happen"

keeping stave for transmog, doing some HC still, doing old content, doing some farming and dont want to reset my wrathguard weapons each time ill get any 2h weapon, cos it will end like this.
    Last edited by mmoc224940f46d; 2012-12-29 at 09:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got 6 in my bags currently, green trash drops I won + the 2 I use for my Wrathguard. I don't think it was intentional to have it handled this way but I don't mind the control.

Deleted
    and you also must admit you never used reforge system, you was never hunting on any mount etc. Otherwise you are just hypocrite - becouse those are same expense of your narcissism.

also you really know what game you're playing ? Or mayby you dont know the meaning of mmorpg ? RPG ? Know what this means ?

Ah so at least we are reached main goal:

"never happened to me so im pretty sure it never happened to any other lock, and never will happen"

keeping stave for transmog, doing some HC still, doing old content, doing some farming and dont want to reset my wrathguard weapons each time ill get any 2h weapon, cos it will end like this.
    Oh but I do hunt mounts and stuff... Mounts are very collectible as a warlock. What's your point?

You cannot compare reforging to mount hunting though, so I assume you mean transmog.. and I use transmog for epeen purposes flashing my challenge mode set. It's ugly but it displays the achievement.

Still... Hypocrite I must be, because I cannot find any reason a warlock would ever pick up a 2handed sword and keep it in bags unless with the intention of the felguard equipping it, in which case there would be only one...
    Am I mad to assume that the average warlock isn't a ninjalooter or randomly collecting swords as if they were stamps or something?

And to answer your question, RPG means RolePlayingGame, MMO means Massively Multiplayer Online. Did you know what it meant? You do now. Glad I could be of service.

Finally, you misunderstood me.
    Narcissism is self-love, from the myth of Narcissus who fell in love with his own reflection .. in a pond. Probably cursed by the greek gods and stuff, longer story.
    Anyway..
    A fel guard wrongly equipping a weapon I didn't intend for him to do, would inflict damage to my self-love, thus hurting me. Thereby it would be at the expense of my narcissism.
    Having a flashy mount wouldn't be at the "expense of my narcissism". Quite the contrary.

Don't twist words you don't know the meaning of, it makes you look ignorant.
    Last edited by mmocfecbd8d6a4; 2012-12-29 at 05:48 PM.