Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    I have over 60 keybinds as a ret pala and use every single one regularly in arena matches.
    You're wrong. Maybe you don't because you're not very good?
    I play both Pally and Hunter around a 1900-2000 level (not godlike, but definitely know what I'm doing), and my Hunter has significantly more keybinds than my Paladin.

    Without counting modifiers as a keybind (because that's stupid and irrelevant), my Hunter covers a lot more different buttons on the keyboard.

  2. #102
    Brewmaster Cyph3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    To be fair, just because you ignore abilities that don't interest you doesn't mean that complaints about too many specialized abilities are invalid.

    The other part of the problem is that different people have different ideas about which abilities are the "too much" ones, as this thread is making clear. Some hunters think the issue is the rotation being too cluttered or over-bound; others think there's too many niche tools; etc. And of course others argue it's just fine right now.

    GC is correct that getting the entire community to agree on anything is rarely a realistic goal. :p
    So true. Personally I came at this from the belief that our toolkit was already pretty complete, and our rotations were already in a fairly good place (though I think MM could use some spicing up). I guess it's the extra rotational stuff that was thrown in this time that's bugging me most. I do genuinely like the majority of our situational tools like scare beast or feign death.

    What I mean by toolkit is we basically have a trick for every situation. We have stationary and target based aoe; we have an interrupt (several via pets); we have stuns, snares, slows, etc.; we have dps cooldowns; we have positional escape tools; we have an offensive dispell; and we have weird little niche stuff no one else does like flare. We even finally have decent self heals. We don't need anything else. And yet we were given more aoe, more dps cooldowns, and more utility.

    I believe the best tier in our talent tree is the first. It really is perfect; it takes one of our strongest, class defining abilities and adds extra functionality to it, without going overboard OR changing it's core use. You still use it as an escape tool, but now it's just a little bit better, or you can use it a little more often. So perfect. If only all of our talent tiers could be like this, we wouldn't be looking at things like this powershot situation.

    And seriously... Nerf readiness.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

  3. #103
    If I read some of the comments here, I just can facepalm.
    "Than I can finally pick something good from T2 (Lv30)"

    So, you dont use Binding at Feng?
    Binding at Emperor?
    Silencing at Vizier?
    Silencing at Windlord?
    Silencing at Protectors?
    Binding at Tsulong?


    A mix with ss & wv would be great; some merge with cons & arcance & maybe dire beast w/ rf

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    Remove the following:

    Rapid Fire
    why remove? what dont u like about it?why would it need to be removed

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    And seriously... Nerf readiness.
    must be a troll.. and upset with his main not haveing something similer why would u want it nerfd?
    Last edited by Blingtown; 2013-01-08 at 11:26 PM.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Blingtown View Post
    why remove? what dont u like about it?why would it need to be removed
    To be fair for non-Marksmanship specs Rapid Fire doesn't really add a whole lot. I can understand why people want it removed from Beast Mastery for example. I don't agree with it, but I can see other people's points and views.
    Bovan.9481
    Completed legendaries: Twilight, Sunrise (Eternity), Bolt, The Juggernaut, Howler.
    Current projects: Frostfang, full ascended medium armor, versatile mighty infusions.

  6. #106
    Brewmaster Cyph3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Blingtown View Post
    why remove? what dont u like about it?why would it need to be removed



    must be a troll.. and upset with his main not haveing something similer why would u want it nerfd?
    I already explained why and clarified myself (or at least tried to).

    And no, I'm not a troll. My main is a Hunter. In fact, I have lots of hunters. I just happen to think that despite all it's flaws, Cataclysm saw the Hunter class in the best state it's ever been in, with the exception maybe being MM (I really miss the old chimera shot/sting interplay).
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    I already explained why and clarified myself (or at least tried to).

    And no, I'm not a troll. My main is a Hunter. In fact, I have lots of hunters. I just happen to think that despite all it's flaws, Cataclysm saw the Hunter class in the best state it's ever been in, with the exception maybe being MM (I really miss the old chimera shot/sting interplay).
    Have to agree. MM was a sniper spec with huge crits. SV felt like listening to reggae. BM had bugged pets but was perfect to solo hard content. We had an option for everything we wanted.
    It's better now in MOP that 2specs are so close together bad sadly neither of them are fun to play. All specs are button spamming now. Osteoarthritis is Blizzards gift for hunters in MOP.

  8. #108
    Agree with widow venom and maybe focus fire but that's about it. I like the idea of widow venom mechanic being rolled into serpent sting.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by demonsoliloquy View Post
    All these ideas are horrible and make for a braindead class.
    Where does the argument of too many skills fall in to anyway...
    "Help, I can't eat my Big Mac while raiding 25-man heroic?"
    i can safely say out of my 9 classes i play as either dps or tank that hunter has the most keybinds, and there are plenty of things that ( like suggested ) could get combined into other spells or just get a rework / increased cd.

    Removing / combining a few things, or make some things less appealing in single target rotation would hardly make the class braindead, to compare my hunter has 36 keybinds, my rogue ( to PvE with a suggested rotation from icy-veins ) has maybe 12.

    things like widow venom , tranq shot , pet bar etc just add to this , and while some are key spells they can easily be combined.

  10. #110
    I used to think hunters were really bloated with abilities at the beginning of the expansion, now I don't think so anymore. Maybe it's just because I've gotten used to it, but by removing any DPS penalty for movement, I just think the class would be really boring if our core rotation abilities were made simpler or if we had some taken away.

    The one good idea would be tying Widow Venom to Serpent Sting. I think this would be a good way to eliminate a keybind and make it so we're not the only class in the game whose mortal strike isn't auto-applied (of those classes who have one of course)
    Last edited by Oricc; 2013-01-13 at 05:03 AM.

  11. #111
    Herald of the Titans Lovestar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,948
    You know, I kind of know what you mean. I was just thinking that today while running all over the place Cobra Shotting: "If the piano rotation goes away, this will almost be too easy". It's not that I'm a great player or anything, it's just you realize how much artificial trouble is added to caster classes via the "HEY DON'T MOVE" rule.

    But I still think the rotation is bloated, and I'm not sure it's even the literal number of buttons. It's more that Hunter sort of feels like a class that has buttons just to have buttons in the rotation, not because those buttons actually contribute anything in rotational terms.

    Sometimes I'm sitting there with Blink Strike (yeah yeah, I like it), GT, BA, ES, Serpent Sting, TotH, Kill Shot all ready to fire and there's this sense of "Oh well, who cares" when it comes to picking a button. Like, technically, yes, there's a priority list to follow... but it feels like 5 different flavors of the exact same thing.

    On Fury Warrior, each button has a very distinct feel and purpose in the cycle:
    BT - Build Rage, proc stuff
    RB - Make things explode
    WS - Tickle things as a consolation prize when capping resources
    HS - Avoid resource capping during a GCD
    CS - Trigger Rage-dump burst-fest for 6 seconds
    Execute - <maniacal laugh>

    On Hunter, it feels like:
    SrS - Meaty dot of death
    BA - Put another dot up because I can and it's not 2+ targets
    ES - Meaty primary Focus dump
    AS - Prevent capping while ES is cooling
    GT - It's like AS but not AS, so let's press it because hey, it's off cooldown
    BS - It's... also like AS... and GT... but hey, it's off cooldown so let's press it
    KS - It's like the other 3 fillers but hey, it's off cooldown and useable so let's press it
    Cobra - It's Serpent Sting, with a cast time

    Like, there's a rough purpose to everything, but it's much limper and less well-defined. It has a really big kitchen-sink random-pile-of-crap feeling rather than a sense of elegant or thoughtful design. I really feel like I'm just mashing a bunch of buttons as soon as they light up, and the "priority" is more of a mind-game I'm playing to amuse myself than anything terribly meaningful.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •