Decent server for solo PuG PvP as a Pub? <say that 5 times real fast>

The server forums are no different than WoW's and just full of either trolls or people looking for guilds. If you ask about PvP everyone says their side sucks. Usually can get good answers from people here so hoping someone can help me. Plan on rerolling Republic and was wondering what a good server is for PvP? So if anyone can help me that would be awesome.

Server Name
    How are the WZs for both leveling and once you hit 50?
    How are the queue times?
    Can you get wins queuing solo in PuGs or will you just lose 100% of your WZs cause you will be up against premades constantly?

Have played solo in PvP since I started playing DAoC 10 years ago and I did just fine. I dont need to rely on groups carrying me to get wins and prefer playing alone. That and I have no friends to group with anyways. After my experiences trying to join premades in WoW and just getting cussed out and told "Just quit" or "You fail at life" I have no desire to ever play with anyone other than myself again.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-12-27 at 10:20 PM.

Hey, I'm on pot5. I highly suggest queuing with at least 2 other people you know.
    The queue times are meh. The ranked queue sucks. I've had to make two teams just to get it to go before. (not doing that anymore)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Hey, I'm on pot5. I highly suggest queuing with at least 2 other people you know.
    The queue times are meh. The ranked queue sucks. I've had to make two teams just to get it to go before. (not doing that anymore)
    2 other people I know is 2 more people than I know. After reading about "The Bastion" server Im thinking about going there instead. Seems solo PuG players do alright for both sides.

**Changed my title and post a little bit to be open to more server choices.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-12-27 at 10:19 PM.

The Bastion is where I play. Currently leveling an Empire Merc but I have 2 50's on republic side.

I only queue solo and the pugs appear to be decent. Sometimes I can get winning streaks and sometimes I get losing streaks.

I cannot really comment on leveling on republic side but as I understand it Empire wins the low level brackets while Republic win the 50s.

Queue times are pretty quick usually within 5 minutes.

PS. I can almost guarantee you that as long as you do your part and call out incomings you are not going to be losing every game on either side.

Might try Bastion out. I heard the other server Pot5 is more hardcore. Also whats the population like? Since they dont cluster the servers like very single other game that has PvP will I still be able to get decent queue times at random hours like 5 am or 1pm?

Hmmm can't really say since I don't play during those times. I would just roll up a toon on the server. Getting to level 10 is a hop skip and a jump from there you can go to the fleet and see how many people on there to get a general idea.

Judging from the pop on the server I think it should still be possible for queues to pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    Hmmm can't really say since I don't play during those times. I would just roll up a toon on the server. Getting to level 10 is a hop skip and a jump from there you can go to the fleet and see how many people on there to get a general idea.

Judging from the pop on the server I think it should still be possible for queues to pop.
    At work now so cant log in just yet but whats normal Pub population like? Logged in this morning on my current server and had 150ish in Fleet even though it was 7am. I know its holiday break for everyone so thats probably why. Guess population numbers arent going to be very accurate until after people return to school. But what were they like before Christmas?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on Pot5 <3

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I'm on Pot5 <3
    Who usually wins WZs there both 10-49 and at 50? Also what are the queue times like? Official server forum seems to be full of trolls as it seems both sides lose 100% of the time. On my last server Imps literally did lose almost every match at 50 and theres like a 4 page post about it and it seems everyone jumped ship to the Republic side. Id rather just find a new server than play Republic as their stories are pretty lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Who usually wins WZs there both 10-49 and at 50? Also what are the queue times like? Official server forum seems to be full of trolls as it seems both sides lose 100% of the time. On my last server Imps literally did lose almost every match at 50 and theres like a 4 page post about it and it seems everyone jumped ship to the Republic side. Id rather just find a new server than play Republic as their stories are pretty lame.
    Honestly? I haven't PvP'd in a while, or even logged on for that matter due to Holidays. That being said, the last time I did PvP queues were pretty instant. As for wins, it seemed about 50/50 with some days being nonstop wins. I guess its just who is queuing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    At work now so cant log in just yet but whats normal Pub population like? Logged in this morning on my current server and had 150ish in Fleet even though it was 7am. I know its holiday break for everyone so thats probably why. Guess population numbers arent going to be very accurate until after people return to school. But what were they like before Christmas?
    For Republic I'd say that is on the low side but that could just be the time. I normally play during peak times like 5pm-10pm and I normally see Republic numbers in the fleet to be 180-200. Empire which I am more familiar with at the moment you get 250+ at times.

My experience on my guardian for Pot5 is typically winning more than losing. Queue times are not bad, but I stopped playing due to PvP guilds largely dying. It seems most of the higher ranked players have stopped playing, and the only PvP guild on republic (Hoth Ski Patrol) is rarely able to field a full rated group. My Valor 87 guardian was routinely the only person over valor 60.

I would suggest looking into another server if you want to see PvP and see it flourishing. I came back for a month and subbed after F2P went live and in that month alone we went from 10-15 active warzones to 4-6. This is all my experience from the republic side, I assume the Imperial side is different.

kind of funny that this pvp server is one of the most progressed in pve:P I haven't bothered with pvp on the server since beginning of summer. Got so bored of seeing the same people making the same mistakes...oh and gingers with his speed hacks:P